What is The Escapist reading?

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Not currently reading anything, because of a continuous failure to FIND A FUCKING COPY OF ENDER'S GAME! RAAAAAGE!

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
EscapeGoat said:
Currently I'm reading stuff for my English A Level - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Antony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare and Enduring Love by Ian McEwan. The first three are fantastic pieces of literature - I'm reading the play, as opposed to seeing it - but the final book there is disappointing in its interminable dullness.
I read Jane Eyre for school when I was 15 and I agree, it is fantastic. We had reading assignments of so-and-so many pages for a set date and then discuss it in a group and I struggled not to read more. Plus, lots of points with the otherwise all-girl group (as this was the largest, most intellectual and most emotional book being read) so life was good. Been thinking of reading Wuthering Heights but never gotten round to it.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Right now I'm reading The Prince by Machiavelli, Eisenhorn by Dan Abnett, the Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft and Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks.
Fun times are being had =D

KingArmery

Feb 3, 2010
I have three books that I am currently reading:

Dreams From My Father, by Barack Obama
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson
The Case For Mars, by Richard Zubrin

Quite varied I would say. I also have a few more books to get through, like Mario Puzzo's Fools Die and Richard Dawkin's The Selfish Gene.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
At the moment, I am reading Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky as well as Starship Troopers. I just recently finished Dead Space: Martyr, which I found to be quite a good read, though I quite like the Dead Space universe.

erztez

Oct 16, 2009
Amethyst Wind said:
Not currently reading anything, because of a continuous failure to FIND A FUCKING COPY OF ENDER'S GAME! RAAAAAGE!
*Hint*torrent*hint*
anyhoo, since I read pretty much EVERYTHING I can get my hands on, I prefer listing authors, instead of books:)
Just went through most of the military sci-fi published by Baen, now finishing the last Timothy Zahn book on the list. Since I'm in a SF mood, I'm thinking about rereading some Bear/Brin this weekend:)

ALuckyChance

Aug 5, 2010
Right now I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo (one of the best classic books I've read so far), The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (I liked his Percy Jackson books, so I happen to like this too), and a book making Shakespeare plays a bit more readable and story-ish.

I also heard an audiobook of The Art of War by, guess who, Sun Tzu.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
orangebandguy said:
I myself am reading The Horus Heresy series. I'm currently on Flight of the Eisenstein.
I am also reading the HH series. Great reads! Also reading "Always Looking Up" buy Michael J. Fox and just picked up a Batman novel by one of the Star Wars authors I like. Have yet to start it tho.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
'The Art of War'. I've had for about a year, but there was a thread here the other day about it that persuaded me to start.

After that it's on to the Scott Pilgrim series!

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
Catching fire by Suzanne Collins
sequal to the hunger games about a 16 year old girl who gets conscripted into a telvised fight to the death with 24 other people
both great books i recomend them

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (YEAAAAAAHHH) by J.K. Rowling, and J.R.R Tolkein's Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.