What is the most difficult game to finish?

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
GamerPhate said:
NES

TMNT 1 ... why did they make the water level so impossible? or just like it would be Silver Surfer as well.. one of those uber twitch games. I loved when they would make a game with 3 lives, and no continues, that is a good idea! No one ever has to go to work or school, so just leave the thing on all the time since you can't continue. Oh wait.. you only got 3 lives? Oh never mind you are going to fail before you have to quit playing for the day anyways :(

Such a depressing gaming experience for us old skoolers that were kids when the NES came out :(
Good point. I was going to say the original Ninja Gaiden but I think you may be right about TMNT1. I got way farther in Ninja Gaiden.
Yeah Ninja Gaden was hard.. don't get me wrong, but it was at least beatable. I think me and my friend pulled it off one night. However, TMNT was depressingly hard, as some of the ideas of how the game worked were neat. But making it with the 3 life no continue BS template that was so popular back then, pretty much ruined that game from having a glowing halo in my mind heh.

WiccaVamp

Jun 26, 2009
Arkista's ring for NES......you get like three lives and after more then 140lvls I still didn't find a freaking ending....actually I stomped on it.

Merteg

May 9, 2009
I'd say a game with tons of glitches and is not fun.

That way you have to force yourself not to quit.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
hmmm off the top of my head DMC on DMD mode the game was a challenge enough as is and DMD mode was fun, I do love a challenge

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
1968 Tunnel Rate (Uwe Boll's game). It was so bad, I had to force myself to finish it.

Incidentally, the review of that will be finished soon.

suicideblonde

Jul 11, 2009
well lets see.. i had problems with the last level of super mario bros , Resident Evil 5 where those 3 pod thingys are up in the sky and you need to shoot them down (keep in mind i was playing on normal and i still havent beat it yet), Doing the Annual Achivement on halo 3,and the one im stuck on now is doing the mr punctual achivement on halo wars..blah

Olikunmissile

Jul 16, 2008
Sewblon said:
Heart of Darkness, I bought it when I was eight and finished it when I was 15.
For the PS1? Yeah that was insane, I brought it when I was about 7 or 8, sold it, brought it again about a year ago and finished it then, so it took me about a decade to finish.

runnerbelow

Feb 11, 2009
Country
Canada
Sebobii said:
ShoryukenDude said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I want to be the guy, that game was designed by sadists...~curls up in a ball and starts weeping~
*Annoyed Groan*
I dont get why everyone says this game is so hard. Woo, anythign kills you in one hit, and half the time it's diffiult to know where it's coming from. All the game is is one gigantic Trial and Error test. You try to go one way and die. You use your death to know where the deadly thing is and avoid it. It's not Rocket Science.

Back on topic here:

Ghosts and Goblins. I personally dont want to have to beat a game twice in a row to get any sort of closure.
Agreed, IWBTG isn't that hard. It's really a lot about people getting too pissed though and giving up. If you just keep at it, ANYONE can complete it.

For some reason I always find Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 to be really hard...But maybe it's just me not being an avid fan of the series as I am a, for example, Baldur's Gate fan. Completed the game from start to end without picking up any other characters. Made for an interesting run;)
Fallout however, damn. The master is tough=/
I'll also agree IWBTG isn't the hardest to finish if you keep at it, it's just trial and error, and even then you have unlimited lives, all you do is go to your last save. As for what I can't finish... Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit, for the X-box. It's just so... awful, I just don't care enough to play it.

Zinraf

Jul 15, 2009
Sebobii said:
Rolf said:
Halo 3 on hardest difficulty.

The levels where you only fight flood is easy, but the other ones are a nightmare
You need to play more games mate! Get to it!^^
I would agree you need to play more games but Halo 3 is my hardest too since I don't play many either

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty.

If you can stay awake long enough to finish the first 20 minutes YOU ARE A GOD.

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
The newest gen. of Pokemon, if you are trying to get all 490 Pokemon. THAT'S HARD!!!!!

SAccharing10

Jul 3, 2008
Severence - Blade of Darkness; enemies hit just as hard if not harder than you, bugs out the arse, enemies have considerably more health than you, still one of the best games I've played ;D

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
I want to be the guy, that game was designed by sadists...~curls up in a ball and starts weeping~
THIS!
After a while of playing it, I was actually LOLing at myself when my character dies from the edge of a spike (not hitting the pointy thing) and still spurting blood as if he's cut in half.