What is the Rarest Game You Own?

Kurokasumi

Aug 11, 2009
Tales of symphonia
.hack G.U. trilogy
Disgaea trilogy
and Radiata Stories
Don't know if any of those are 'rare' but they were hard as hell to find...

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Undead Dragon King said:
I'd say the original MediEvil for the PS1. I found it at a used game store 8 years ago and I've played it many, many times since then.
I have it.Such a fun and hard game.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
The rarest game I have is Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for the PS2.

If only it was as fun as it was rare. At least, it's rare in stores. There are probably a number of copies available online.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Terranigma on the SNES. I've seen that game sell for over 50 dollars without box on eBay.
I bought it for about 7 euros back in the day.

Just_Karol

Aug 5, 2009
Omega NZ said:
Just_Karol said:
I have Quite a few:

System Shock 2 (Complete).
Final Fantasy III(Super Nintendo) (Box, manual and map).
Team Buddies (PlayStation).
Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn).
Team Buddies?! I haven't played that in years, really fun game though. Mine would probably be silent hill 2 limited edition, not sure how rare it is though.
Isn't it Just? I was going to buy Silent Hill 2 special Edition on eBay. But out of the blue, Game Stop did like a reprint on it along with Shadow of the Colossus.
I couldn't say no.

Minjoltr

Aug 6, 2008
RAND00M said:
Undead Dragon King said:
I'd say the original MediEvil for the PS1. I found it at a used game store 8 years ago and I've played it many, many times since then.
I have it.Such a fun and hard game.
I loved that game until my brother broke the Playstation. T_T

I've got Doom II in the original massive box on five floppy discs. I think everyone and their dog owned it at some point though so I don't know if it could be considered rare. Makes me feel stylishly retro.

Rolo to the Resuce, the most annoying game we had for the Megadrive. I think it's in the loft somewhere.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Trespasser, that old jurassic park game with so many bugs you could fill up a hive. Man I love that game.

Durahan2

Mar 12, 2009
Ogre battle 64, and ogre battle march of the black queen for SNES. Too bad the one I liked least is on the Wii store and not 64 XD.

Nobody82

Jul 6, 2009
Hmmm...I'd have to go with Super Mario RPG and/or Mega Man X for SNES. Although I also have Mechwarrior 3

Omnipotent_Mortal

Dec 2, 2008
I have System Shock 2, X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter and Rise of the Triad, amongst others, still in their big bulky cardboard boxes. Ahh, nostalgia.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Skies Of Arcadio Legend for the Gamecube. Cost me £25 second hand as was never able to find it when it was first released.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Simmo8591 said:
I have the original (non platinum) copies of ff7,8,9,10,12 and the ff12 hardback guide that only came with a preorder.... probably not that rare now but in 30 years that guide may be worth something...
Ahh, I got all that. I love my hardback guide too, would miss out on so much were it not for it. (keep the faith it'll be worth something someday :p)

As for my own shining gem in my collection, Monster Rancher on Playstation. Now that game was RARE! took me a year to track down a copy, can't imagine what someone would pay for a mint copy now. (awesome game btw, you can create monsters by letting the game read info about any music CD/game CD - every CD you have will have a unique monster, pretty awesome)

Zergownz

Sep 25, 2009
MediEvil for PS1 and I have DemonStar for PC. Never saw a person that knew about demonstar.