What is the Rarest Game You Own?

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
dragon_of_red said:
War Of The Monsters for PS2.

I cant find it anywhere else, my friend looked for ages because he also wanted it, still hasnt found it.
Distorted Stu said:
dragon_of_red said:
War Of The Monsters for PS2.

I cant find it anywhere else, my friend looked for ages because he also wanted it, still hasnt found it.
Man i love that game!
Me too ;)

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
Real Gonzo said:
Dark Chronicle
Jade Cocoon 2
Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded
Shin Megami Tensei Lucifer's Call
I spent ages looking for JC2, never did find it.
GG X2 is available here, but only in one store and for half a fortune.

And I have the other two :p
Heh, we have pretty comparable lists really.

I have one game nobody has though, Metal Dungeon.

EDIT: Apparently Zone of the Enders is rare too, which would explain why I had such a hard time getting my hands on part two. I have those as well.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2.

Is FFIX rare now? I didn't know that, I paid $20 for my copy new a few years back...

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic 4. it isnt in stores anymore, but you can probably get it online.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Simmo8591 said:
I have the original (non platinum) copies of ff7,8,9,10,12 and the ff12 hardback guide that only came with a preorder.... probably not that rare now but in 30 years that guide may be worth something...

also tho it's not and shouldn't be rare I have Tales of Vesperia on 360 and no Uk game shops seem to stock it
What are you talking about, loads do!

cordeos

Apr 2, 2009
i own a virtual boy with mario tennis, virtua boxer, galactic pinball and wario land

Krunkcity3000

Mar 12, 2008
Ranger X for the Sega Genesis.

http://retromedia.ign.com/retro/image/article/916/916743/ranger-x-20081006042606130_640w.jpg

You played the guy in the flying mech suit.

The one wheeled motor cycle in the bottom right corner doubled as a mode of transportation ande a secondary weapon. YOu could climb inside it to get into tiny tunnels or you could seperate and use it to gangbang a boss.

Plus! if you had a second controller your little brother could control the motorcycle.

THe game was F-ing awesome.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hard to say since I haven't kept track of rare games, but I've probably got a few. Xenogears, Nocturne, etc...

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
I guess it'd be Riverworld, some deeply odd, very amateurish and broken RTS. Or maybe the first Dune RPG. Man, that game was awesome.

kboman

Mar 13, 2008
Not really rare as such, but I still have the boxes for both Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity for MacOS (before it was even called that), with CDs and manuals obviously. Very pretty, though hopelessly unstackable... I wish I had the Trilogy box, that thing was hot. Couldn't justify the expense at the time, and now it's *really* expensive.
Also had Warcraft I (my very first game I bought for my own money!) & II for Mac, but I have no idea how complete they are these days after all my moving around :p

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Well, it's fairly recent, but I had a hell of a time finding the US version of 'Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core Plus'. It's as if not even online shops knew this game exists in a localized version.

But the real star in my collection has to be 'Loom' in the enhanced CD-ROM version with full voice over.
Oh, and of course 'The Dark Eye', the first entry of what I consider as 'Games as Art Form'. And then some Atlus stuff.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. I don't believe it was ever released outside of Japan but I got it when I pre-ordered Wind Waker. On Game Cube no less!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
A game called 'Hands of Time' for the Gameboy Colour. Has anybody else heard of it?
It's sort of like a Metal Gear ripoff with pseudo-Nazis, time-travel and a protagonist named Sebastian [the unfortunate bastard]

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
Hmm. I might have some rare stuff... some of it great.. some of it crap.

Great stuff: Mechwarrior 3, Global Domination (fun game by Psygngnosis, need to check if it works under W7)

Bad stuff: Sudeki (pretty Characters.. bleeeeh gameplay and bugs), The time machine, Martian Gothic, Ar'Kritz (that game didn't make any sense) and extermination (by Techland, for PC).

I'm fully aware that these games might not be that rare.. but they're not usual either.

Edit: woo! global domination running on W7 without problems!