Nov 19, 2008
As an anime, i'm torn between 3 equally great ones:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Gurren Lagann
Beck

Although there's a manga that's better than all 3 combined: Berserk

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
lol, while I certainly like Sailor Moon alot, and its on my list of anime to watch/re-watch this summer, but my absolute favorite would have to be Birdy, narrowly beating out Ghost in the Shell.

lol, going through all these posts, I can see I need to add many more anime to my summer list xD

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
Elfen Lied of Deathnote. I could stop watching neither of those, and have yet to find any anime as good as them.

BottleOfAwesome

Jul 6, 2010
Norendithas said:
LFC Scouser said:
Code Geass hands down

I heard that r3 has not sure if spoiler but whatever
new main character with a different geass
Agreed. Code Geass was amazing. Only anime that truly ever got to me. ^^

I also heard about R3.

I heard that Lelouch wasn't going to be in R3 as well. I also heard it was going to take place in a different place during the same time as the last two seasons. I might give it a watch, but I can't imagine it'd be as good without Lelouch. =[
I've read that too, I also read that it is also going to be set
Before LeLouch's time, CC will still be there but there will be a new main character with her

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
It's really hard to pick out my favorite, because I've read a lot more manga than I have watched anime. But in the case of aime, I'd probably have to say Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino. It is truly a work of art capable of moving me to tears.

Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino (the sequel to Gunslinger Girl) is well-written and full of great character development. It has great music, and great action scenes, and great animation. (Though critics would disagree with me on that last one.) This series got bad reviews from several critics, but screw them. Those guys just didn't understand the complexity of it like I did. This series touched me, and not in a naughty way. And I actually learned something from it.

I can't say much about it without going into full-on review mode, which I'd rather save for an actual review. But to keep things short, the series taught me that war is morally gray, and that often, both sides have a valid reason to fight. This series showed me how people who are labeled as "bad guys" or "terrorists" are often just like everybody else, and live unique, interesting lives like everybody else, and have redeeming qualities about them like everybody else. This series taught me that all deaths are tragic, whether it was a death on your side or not.

So yeah. It's an amazing work of art if you pay attention to it. (And don't let the change in animation style cloud your judgment!)

EDIT: Or possibly Black Lagoon could be my favorite too. It didn't teach me quite as much, but it also moved me to tears and I made memories with it when I watched with with my friends.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
It was Code Geass that really got me into anime. I loved it. I even liked most of the second season. It will always have a special place in my heart.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I love: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Darker Than Black, Fate: Stay/Night, and Code Geass. Of these, and even though I haven't finished it, TTGL is shaping up to be my favourite.

Because DAT GAINAX.

Captcha: stylzC you've - you've what?? Oh, the suspense!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmm it's hard for me to choose between One Piece or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
Amberella said:
I would have to say mine is Sailor Moon! Oh hey, look! Today just so happens to be Sailor Moon/Serena's birthday! ;D But yeah, Sailor Moon and I go wayyy back. :) It's just something I don't think I'll ever grow out of! Sailor Moon is what got me into anime, and it was the first one I ever watched. :)

So, what is your all time favourite anime?

Also, this is my 1000th post. :3 tehe

My first anime was 3 years and i fergot the name thank you