What is your all time favourite anime?

Arehexes

Jun 27, 2008
Ranma 1/2 end of story. It's so funny and has it's action scenes, and the great thing is even though it doesn't include everything from the manga you wouldn't really be able to tell/let the "fillers" bother you because it's in a sitcom-ish style where you can watch any episode in order and be fine for the most part.

BlackSaint09

Dec 9, 2010
I used to lack an answer for this but... Its Clannad After Story.
Without a doubt the best thing ive ever seen.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I have 5, as they cover 5 different areas and I couldn't pick any single one
The World God Only Knows: Because it's Hilarious
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: great architecture and music, and visuals, and how the various artworks mix together on a single scene in such an amazing way, despite how we have to go through 5 episodes of boring chatter.
Pandora Hearts: beautiful music
FMA:Brotherhood: Great story, great everywhere else
Death Note: We all know why

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
this is probably kinda Cliché but Dragon Ball Z, the 2nd anime I really got into, but one episode made me forget all about Pokémon lol

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
Death Note is my favorite series. This is a tough one, though, because I also like anything produced by Gainax (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt) and directed by Shinchiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo). So, I'll list my top three:

1) Death Note
2) Gurren Lagann
3) Cowboy Bebop

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well Pokemon got me into japanese style cartoons. Dragonball Z is great from start to namek saga but after that it's just too much. later FullMetalAlchemist and Full Metal panic have both been great!!

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
This is a tough one to answer as there are many shows that i like, though thinking about it i would have too say a tie between 3 shows i grew up with thanks to the cartoon network gold moment that was Adult Swim (All of them dubbed):

1. Cowboy Bebop: This is what classics are made of. This was one of the first mature Anime's i saw when growing up (before was watching stuff like Pokemon, One Piece, Toyko Mew Mew, etc), i was hooked on Cowboy Bebop while it was on air and loved every part of it. The Characters, the settings, the music, it's all so superb and holds a place in my heart as classic.

2. Trigun: Another classic to me that i love so much. The characters again make it so enjoyable (Vash and Wolfwood being the best ^_^) and i liked the setting of a futuristic apocalyptic like desert plant. Music was also kick arse!

3. Orphen: This ones a bit under the radar but like the other 2 mentioned above, i got hooked onto it on the Adult Swim block. For a fantasy Anime it's quite entertaining and has some good quirky comedy. It had a pretty good story too which gave an interesting insider to 2 of the main characters. Although the second season went down a notch, i still consider the first season to be an entertaining show in the Fantasy category.

Special Mentions:

1. Spice and Wolf (A Fantasy show that's more than what you would expect, great characters and lovely artwork and music. Had a great natural sounding dub)

2. Black Lagoon (My favorite action Anime that just simply kicks arse and has a delightful dub along with it :p)

3. Baccano! (Defiantly a show that deserves more praise than it gets, Baccano! is like a massive barrel of fun filled with explosions, crazy characters, catchy music and superb dubbings.)

4. Soul Eater: (Made the shonen genre feel fresh again. The concept of weapons crossed with humans is facinating and the characters are very likable and entertaining (special mention to Death The Kid) and while it did have some of the usual Shonen cliches'it managed to do the impossible by making them seem less stale then they would of been. Art work is also very nice to look at, almost like a Tim Burton Halloweenish look to it. Dubbing was also well done.

Sinathor

Mar 16, 2011
Nana

Other honorable mentions: Deathnote, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Elfen Lied, Berserk

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Aim For The Top! Gunbuster
great story and a great ending.
honorable mentions: anything from Gundam except for Seed and Ghost In The Shell.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I was wavering around Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Trigun or Hellsing, but in the end I guess my favourite is Love Hina since I think I've re-watched it more than all the others.

It's definitely not the best series I've ever seen in terms of art, production etc., but I still find it incredibly enjoyable.

Maybe it's because, sadly, I can relate to the main character more than unkillable space bounty hunters or breakdancing ronins.