What is your degree in?

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Starting my first year uni on Monday, working on my Bachelor of Science, doing Psychology. One day, I'm hoping to get my PhD.

Unspeakable

Apr 10, 2009
Macabre9037 said:
I'm curious as to what my fellow escapists have degrees in. I am currently working om my Bachelor's degree in English, I intend to teach High School.

What is your degree? Or what subject do you intend to attain one in? And, what do you intend to do with it?
High five for my fellow Inkling.

Don't bother with the grad degree though, unless you find a university that doesn't shoehorn French Post Modernist-Philosophy into their Literary Critical Theory. And if you do, lemme know so I can transfer.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Joint Honours in History and Political Science. It has turned me into a cold-hearted, skeptical bastard.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Mazty said:
Wicky_42 said:
Mazty said:
Ubermetalhed said:
In my final year at the University of Warwick studying History and preparing for unemployment.
Pretty much. Unless you are an accountant living in London, or happy to be a "recruitment consultant" (read target based bullshit) anyone with a degree is f**ked in the UK. Even engineers have a hard time as there is so little industry in the UK. Best bet would be to do a masters or conversion course.
Woo yeah for the fucked economy! Just about to (hopefully) complete an architecture degree, nicely in time to [not] find 12 months of employment and [not] subsequently move on to part 2 and three of the course! I think my best bet is to find somewhere in China, lol.
Yeah good plan as many surveying & construction companies got effectively wiped out thanks to the recession =\ Though architecture is on the Canadian list of wanted workers so if you ever wanted to move country, Canada may be a good way out.
Ooh, Canada, eh? I've been there once or twice - preety cool country (though I prefer European cities), definitely on my list of places to live in. If I can live there AND have my expertise (lol) in demand then double bonus ^_^

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I don't have a degree yet, but I am currently doing a course in Japanese Studies at the University of Manchester ^_^

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
Soon to be B.A. in Philosophy, then an MA and eventually (hopefully) a Ph.D. in the same field.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
I've got a Degree in Asskicking, with a major in badass and a minor in One-liners...in all seriousness, i'm doing a bachelor of asian studies and international relations and am majoring in japanese.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Medicine or more precisely it's an MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
I have cert 4's for Economics, Business Admin and Software Design.
I worked in a economic consultant agency for a while, got bored,
and the people there hated me because I kept writing macros to shortcut most of my work.
Towards the end all I needed to do was turn up for an hour, make sure my macro worked properly and then sit on my hands for the rest of the day...

So now I'm doin a BA in Psychology.
I love experimenting, and cuz of my previous experience, programming spreadsheets to analyse statistics is a breeze.

But... I still don't know what sort of job I want to do afterwards...
I love Psych, but I only have a credit average.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
the one i'm studying now is in IT but it's called the Bachelor of Information Technology (Computer Games), my course goes for an extra year because i did general IT first then into games so i only got a Year's worth of credits out of 3 years, already did 1 1/2 years in the degree, only got a year cause i'm doing one course at the end of the year because it doesn't run at the start, supposed to be hardest programming in the entire uni as it's Engine work using the Uni's own games engine and Ogre (what ever that is).....he, he, can't wait to prove them wrong, love programming and spend most of my time helping everyone else because i've finished my work

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I got a BA (hon) Digital 3D Design. The course is pretty much computer graphic although we were also taught some flash interactive presentation. Like time I check the course got rename to D3D Digital Media which make it far more suitable name.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Well, I'm in fifth form at the moment, doing 2/3s of my work a year above my level. My main three subjects are Chemistry, Biology and Information Management (effectively computer studies with a fancy name), so I'll find out what I'm best at and make a merge of two subjects to get into say, biochemistry, bioengineering, artificial intelligence, etc. So I'm setting myself up with a cone attack ^^