What is your degree in?

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
I'm studying Art, not graphical design but (it's a bit hard to translate into English) basically free expression in art, painting, sculpting,..things like that. After four years I will follow another course in illustration.

SofaEater

Jan 15, 2011
Well, I'm a double major in business(so I have more options in the job market) and history(cause I love history but they jobs are shit)

But my future career will be a video game writer, it WILL be. I will do everything in order to achieve that. In fact, I am applying for and internship at Bethesda Softworks. Got some positive feed back even though they aren't hiring, as of yet......I hope I get it <3

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
I just graduated with a 2:1 in English Literature. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do, and this economy I'm going to be lucky to find shop work. XD

Xanian

Oct 19, 2009
BA in Cognitive Psychology: Minor in Education--emphasis in educational therapy for At-Risk-Youth and Abused Children.

Currently...working in Korea to save up for the Masters and praying I can find a way to the PH.D.

Along with having letters behind my name, I would LOVE to be paid to lock my antisocial ass in a room evaluating research all day.

OT: Why the Hell did they start making us do these stupid captcha things on every post? Can't it be random or something?

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I'm currently a first year university student, studying media studies and production.

I'm not really sure what I want to do after I leave though.

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
Currently a freshman going for a BS in Computer Engineering, with Spanish and Robotics minors on the side.

Macabre9037

Jul 2, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
Macabre9037 said:
I'm curious as to what my fellow escapists have degrees in. I am currently working om my Bachelor's degree in English, I intend to teach High School.

What is your degree? Or what subject do you intend to attain one in? And, what do you intend to do with it?
Wow good luck with teaching at a high school, I have a question though, do you see yourself as a strict or lenient teacher?

I don't have a degree yet, due to my age but I was thinking about getting one in Theoretical Physics or Chemistry or Medicine.
I see myself using the same methods as my High School English teacher. She was extremely strict when she first arrived at that school, made everyone fear and respect her, and once she was confident in that she was respected and feared she loosened up. I and eveyrone else in my class loved her, hell I still talk to her.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Macabre9037 said:
Dimensional Vortex said:
Macabre9037 said:
I'm curious as to what my fellow escapists have degrees in. I am currently working om my Bachelor's degree in English, I intend to teach High School.

What is your degree? Or what subject do you intend to attain one in? And, what do you intend to do with it?
Wow good luck with teaching at a high school, I have a question though, do you see yourself as a strict or lenient teacher?

I don't have a degree yet, due to my age but I was thinking about getting one in Theoretical Physics or Chemistry or Medicine.
I see myself using the same methods as my High School English teacher. She was extremely strict when she first arrived at that school, made everyone fear and respect her, and once she was confident in that she was respected and feared she loosened up. I and eveyrone else in my class loved her, hell I still talk to her.
Yea but it is very likely that after you get all your education and degrees and go back to teach you will find that the students have changed. If you try to utilize the same strategies as your high school teacher you may end up being the "Infamous evil teacher" Yes anyone who went through high school always knew of one teacher who was hated by everyone. Although good luck and I hope you can become the kind of teacher your aiming to be.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I am currently studying for a BSc in Biochemistry and biological chemistry at the university of Nottingham. It is hard at times, and the drop out rate is ridiculous, (in my first year, there were something like 70 of us, now in my third year we have dropped to just 19 people) but I do enjoy it.