What is your degree in?

JBJCurly

Aug 21, 2010
I have a BM and a MM in Voice Performance and an Artist Diploma in Opera.
...and what do I intend to do with it...? Sing opera and (hopefully) make a decent living.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I have a degree in computer science, and when I graduate college this year, I'm going to work for Microsoft as a programmer.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
JBJCurly said:
I have a BM and a MM in Voice Performance and an Artist Diploma in Opera.
...and what do I intend to do with it...? Sing opera and (hopefully) make a decent living.
Dude! Until you hit it big, you could do work as a voice actor, or do vocals for TV, Film, or game music. You should put together a demo and spread it around to see what happens. Granted I don't know a lot about the music side of things, but there's always a demand for a good voice.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
I got my bachelor's degree in English, and that was fucking useless -

Macabre9037 said:
I am currently working om my Bachelor's degree in English
And you have my sympathies unless you're also working on your teaching certification/Education minor at the same time. I was a terribly unambitious student at the time I got my English degree, and failed to get even a minor with it. Naturally, McDonald's was the best employment I could hope for.

As the other guy here said, don't limit yourself to teaching, though. Pick up as many useful software skills as you can, and learn to write in as many different venues as possible. A bud of mine is a columnist for a number of websites on entirely different things. And do *not* skip an internship or you're fucked - English-oriented jobhunting wannabes are a dime a dozen, and get paid even less unless you're phenomenal.

On topic - I went back to school for Manufacturing Technology and Industrial Power Systems Management (Major with a required minor). This is my first semester back in college, so I'll be here a while.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I haven't got one and aren't doing any at the moment, but I have tried and failed two Bachelors; Bio-Informatics and Journalism. Currently I'm visiting some psychiatrists to find and fix the things that caused my failing so I can hopefully start and finish a new Bachelor in September this year.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I have a degree in having a non-existent degree.

I have taken a large interest in the human psyche recently though, and I've been planning on taking Psych next semester.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
I am currently applying to the schools of liberal arts in a few universities. I intend to study Philosophy, Political Science, Human Rights, and History. I don't know what my master's degree will be yet, but my sister entered university studying anthropology and French, and is now looking at a master's degree in archeology (for the purpose of anthropological studies).

This is why i am applying in North America rather than Europe, as i do not need to think about the goal yet, but rather given an opportunity to make an informed decision by trying out several subjects of interest, to find out which i am ready to go all the way with (in an academic setting).

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
A BFA in Computer Animation. Though recently I've been told that Psychology might suit me better because of how intuitive I am of people.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I'm an accounting major with an expected graduation date of May 2012.

As for what's after that? Maybe grad school and practicing as a CPA, maybe get my certification as a management accountant, maybe work for the IRS as an auditor, or maybe just have a pretty piece of paper and make a living writing articles for Fortune and the Wall Street Journal.

I have been at turns told I'd be excellent at all of the above by (in order): My Financial Accounting professor, my Cost Accounting prof, my Tax Accounting prof, and my Core Humanities instructor.

I also had a Marketing professor tell me I'd be really good at managing marketing teams, but I'd rather hang myself in my office than deal with marketing people all day.

Also, I would strongly advise against anyone here choosing liberal arts, art history, or anything of the sort as a career lest ye end up like my dear friend who, despite a master's degree in history, works in a museum and literally makes less money than the shift manager at McDonald's.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
In my final year at the University of Warwick studying History and preparing for unemployment.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
My major is currently Computer Science. I wish my school was big enough to support something more specific then just general computer science but, its not. Oh well.