What is your degree in?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i have a degree in education studies, we look at the history of education, types of learning, types of schools, child psychology, philosophy, sociology and stuff. was good

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Working on a BS in Computer Science with a double minor in Mathematics and Game Design & Development.

I could have majored in GDD (what I really, really, really want to do), but I felt (and the program chair agreed) that I could be just as successful in the game industry with a CS degree, and (especially important as I am married with two kids) have the ability to seek good employment elsewhere if I needed to fall back on that.

MurderTrainAComing

Jan 19, 2011
English and I find it totally worthless. Really would have been better off just going into the field I am in now and just having the additional years of experience under my belt. Eventually when you realize that it is just a piece of paper that is only worth as much as others feel it is the luster kind of falls off college.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
BSc in Physics (Straight physics that is, mainly stuff like quantum mechanics and semiconductor physics)

Hmm... I see about 4 people out of the about 90 people who've posted have already said something similar... there were about 30 people in my group doing physics (out of the several hundred that went to that university that year D= )

Rekrul

Nov 24, 2010
Degree in criminology, so I took the next logical step and now work with autistic kids, now studying a masters in teaching high incidence disabilities and applied behaviour analysis.

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
Master Sharkpunching...

I'm just screwing with you. Don't have one yet. Young.

It is 17 DegreeS where I live...

jesskit

Jan 22, 2011
I almost have 2, 1 Bachelor of Behavioural Science with a computer science cognate, and a Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
in my last ever semester of a degree in biochemistry and hating every minute of it

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Lowest degree (or equivalent of one) in Nuclear Physics, which I intended to use to become a nuclear technician, but never did, so it's more or less useless by now.

Instead... well, I suppose all the jobs I had would point that I have the highest degree in beating people and enforcing rules.

spiffleh

Jul 12, 2010
Bachelor of Communications in Information Design.

Yeah. None of you know what that is.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
I just finished my Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering, and am about a quarter through my Master's degree in Product Engineering.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Well I've looked at all the cons of becomming a game designer/programmer and decided I don't give a damn, I'm doing it anyway because I love it. So as soon as I can get out of the living hell that is high school, that.

Citizen Snips

A Seldom Used Crab
May 13, 2009
Look at all of you nerds and your B.S.!

I kid. I have a degree in Political Mass Communication (Journalism+Political Analyst+Design, Advertising, and PR), and a minor in Business Administration from LSU.

I'm currently working on a Master's in Mass Comm, and then off to the real world!
Note any Escapist staff reading this that I am a journalist.. writer... one who needs a job...who loves games and this website.

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
A degree in Management and Industrial Engineering.

It's pretty nice and fun, even if it works you out like heck. You and your peers since it's a degree that involves a lot of group work. So you get to decide all your actions by entering the Thunderdome.