What is your favorite anime and why??

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
My Favorite is Dragonball Z because i love the awesome fight scenes and over the top characters, what about you guys??

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
The only ones I've seen were umm Princess Mononoke, Howell's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they count.

So those 3.

If they're anime. I sorta clump these similar japanese animations together in my ignorance.

DaveCthulhu

Feb 22, 2009
I've always been a HUGE DBZ fan since I was younger, but as I've grown older, I've been attracted to other, more mature anime such as Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Trigun. All three are very good series in their own right, if you haven't seen one of them, do yourself a favor and watch.

CIA

Sep 11, 2008
Rurouni Kenshin. It was the only amime on television that even came close to believability. I also loved the Meiji-era setting. Hell, I just love everything about that show.

The manga is very good also.

Gamer137 said:
ae86gamer said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion was my favorite.
No contest.
In my mind I just heard the Super Smash Bros. announcer say that.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
ae86gamer said:
No contest. I have yet to witness another story that balances with story quality, depth, and action so well. Story and action are rarly balanced, but NGE pulls it off.

all the tramps

Feb 22, 2009
i was a huge dragonball z fan to and that made me watch stuff like evangelion and naruto and everything else but my bes one would hva erot be planetes, it was just such an awsome anime

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
FLCL (aka Fooly Cool aka Furi Kuri)

Hilarious, Crazy-Awesome, and surprisingly deep. Unlike anything I've ever seen.

Edit:
Gamer137 said:
ae86gamer said:
No contest. I have yet to witness another story that balances with story quality, depth, and action so well. Story and action are rarly balanced, but NGE pulls it off.
I just wish it had likeable characters. That really killed for me (to the point where it's my least favorite of all time).

CIA

Sep 11, 2008
rottenbutter said:

Hilarious, Crazy-Awesome, and surprisingly deep. Unlike anything I've ever seen.
I've been meaning to check that out. Thanks for reminding me *goes to netflix*

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
CIA said:
rottenbutter said:

I've been meaning to check that out. Thanks for reminding me *goes to netflix*
Always happy to spread the joy of FLCL.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm not sure about favourites, but my first was Escaflowne.

Followed by Dragonball Z, followed by Outlaw Star, followed by Excel Saga, followed by Bleach.

Now if i had to mark them down in order of how much i enjoyed them...

1: Outlaw Star
2: Excel Saga
3: Bleach
4: Escaflowne
5: Dragaonball Z