What is your favorite anime series?

Yuki_Seele

Apr 14, 2011
Its really hard to pick so im going to have to go with a top 5 or mabey 6...

Gunbuster.
Sailor Moon.
Cardcaptor Sakura.
Perfect Blue.
Whisper of the Heart.
The Royale Space Force: Wings of Honiamise.

I could write down like 50 more but that would be a little much i think.

Shadowhawk77

Jul 30, 2011
Kekkaishi(i think thats how its spelled) is awesome

runners up being bleach full metal alchemist and DB(not greatest fan of Z never watched GT)

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
rob_simple said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Dragon Ball and Dragonball Z...isn't that the correct answer for the whole thread's question? I'm pretty sure it is.
DBZ has to be one of the worst animes ever made. Great story and characters, but it was so, so, so God damn drawn out.

I'm glad Cartoon Network ran it with five episodes a week; I don't know how Japan didn't break into civil war on one episode a week.
But I thought a great story and great characters = great show in general. I agree it is drawn out, but I can look past it because of how bad ass it is

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Baka to test to shoukanjuu

Fucking love that anime, can't wait for series three.

It's one of the funniest anime's I've ever seen in my life. The romance element of this romance comedy is... well a bit stale, but oh well. It's such a high quality anime.

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
I don't actually have a favorite, but my top three are Full Metal Alchemist (the original, never seen Brotherhood), Yu Yu Hakusho, and Gurren Lagann

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Cromartie High the school for Badasses

High-school [Pink Flowing Mohawks + Gorillas]

= Cromartie High

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Clannad. Just because, aside from being way too freaking cute, it's the only thing ever to make me cry like a freakin' baby. Seriously, I never cried in anything before that, then I watched Clannad, spent the last half of After Story bawling, and now I shed tears in freakin' everything. A truly incredible and emotionally devastating show that still manages to pack in as many happy tears as sad ones.

Brusveen

Oct 22, 2008
Black lagoon, Hellsing, Naruto, Samurai Champloo, Code Geass and maybe Death note (little bit too emo for my taste)

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
I really can't choose. I like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic and so many others. But Kamina is the best character. Followed by Lelouch.

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
Full Metal Alchemist, or Ghost in the shell..... Can't decide.

Bah, I also found Wolf's Reign very enjoyable to.

DarthVella

Oct 13, 2011
Robert Ewing said:
Baka to test to shoukanjuu

Fucking love that anime, can't wait for series three.

It's one of the funniest anime's I've ever seen in my life. The romance element of this romance comedy is... well a bit stale, but oh well. It's such a high quality anime.
Give this man a medal. And the third series.

Baka Test is my favourite anime by far. The characters are highly varied and well developed, and it is hilarious but also touching when it gets serious. But what really cements its number one spot on my list is that unlike most other anime that I can find, the main focus of the story isn't the characters beating the living daylights out of each other.

Honorable mention goes to Bleach, for its unbelievable soundtrack (I'm almost ashamed to admit that I get goosebumps every time the music swells. Almost). And though I agree wholeheartedly that the filler is on the south side of the tolerable line, to their credit, the quality has improved over time.

I also enjoyed Death Note, but I haven't found the time to finish it and decide how much I like it.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Lord Beautiful said:
I'm somewhat surprised I wasn't the first to say it.

For me, the show is precisely what shonen anime should be. It has lots of action without becoming repetitive, a compelling story that takes itself every bit as seriously as it should and no more, and even at 112 episodes it never overstays its welcome. Gloriously well-made show. It isn't perfect, of course, but it's not too far away.
If I had seen the thread earlier I'd have mentioned it too. Thanks for doing it justice though. I don't think there's much I can add to that. Without getting too specific or fanboyish anyway. I've seriously watched the series all the way through at least 10-15 times over the years. I really enjoy it.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I have a lot of anime that I love, but if I had to choose just one it would definitely be Minami-ke. It's hilarious and filled with fun, memorable, characters. Many people find the "slice of life" genre boring, but I really enjoy watching extraordinary characters in ordinary situations and environments.

Minami-ke is also great in that I don't hate any of the characters. I'm pretty bad about getting annoyed by a particular character and letting it ruin the whole show for me, but all of the characters in Minami-ke are charming and flawed in the best ways (I find I hate most the anime characters who are just... plastic-y).

I really recommend that anyone reading until this point try this anime! If only to find out the context for this;

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Oh, like you really have to ask mine. I've very outspoken in my love of it.

It's Spice & Wolf, by the way