What is your favorite console controller of all time?

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
May i be the first to say.. the playstation 3 controller?
However not the official one, the cheaper versions... its much larger, rubber coated, better trigger buttons.. It works perfectly for me. It is pretty ugly though..

Otherwise for official controllers, has to be the 360

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
I always liked the Gamecube controller but I have to say (even as someone with small hands) the Xbox 360 controller is my favourite, it is made to be very easy to hold and doesn't cause any of the cramps that you can get from holding a Playstation controller for 'too long'!

richasr

Dec 13, 2007
The_Healer said:
Playstation Dual Shock!

Seriously, I've been playing with one for 3 generations of console and not been annoyed with it yet.

And you are obviously just not skilled, the two joysticks never bothered me.
I just love what you said there... not everyone will like it. I personally dislike the Playstation controllers, always made aiming with the right analog stick difficult for me.

My favourite has to be the 360 controller, I thought the original XBOX Controller was great but a bit big, and they just perfected it with the 360 controller, I've wanted to get a 360 style controller for the PS3 before now as I love playing Metal Gear 4, but the controller sucks big time.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
PS3's DualShock3, an improvement on an already excellent PS2 controller, the DualShock2, wireless.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
Probably the Dualshock three.

I was an Xbox fanboy until mine effectively threw itself into a volcano in despair of my friends planning on coming over to play some deathmatch.

I ended up with a PS3, and I don't even want to go back to the 360 for any reason other than the fact that all of my friends play on it.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
The eternally undervalued Gamecube Controller imho is by far the best in terms of comfort and dependability. Second i'd go xbox360 wireless, that fat battery pack in the middle and the stick button annnd the control pad all make it inferior to the gamecube controller tho.

I don't get why people like the playstation controller to me its always been very uncomfortable and unimaginative. nintendo develops shoulder buttons sony puts 2 of them on their controller, nintendo develops controller joysticks sony puts 2 of them, nintendo develops l/r buttons sony puts 2 of them, so on and so forth

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I hate you midgets! I miss the original xbox controller. It was big enough for my hands. Every other controller my fingers either have to lace over each other as I play. Which is getting more and more cumbersome as they put more buttons on the damn thing. I wear a size 16 ring if that helps you any.

Horticulture said:
"The Duke"

Large-handed gamers everywhere mourn its passing. And you could use it to bludgeon your friends when they beat you in Soul Calibur 2.
THANK YOU! Yes!

Layz92 said:
The Nintendo Dreamcast control all the way, that was some sexy tech.
I'd like to see this likely fictional controller.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
360 Controller, hands down. Like others in here have said you can play hours and hours on end without any strain.

Also seems like Razer is making a 360 controller. Looks pretty badass.

Sarukin

Mar 16, 2009
The old Nez "Brick" controller, you could do what ever you want with the little thing and it would still work, one time I accidently dropped mine down a hard wooden staircase about 10 metres long, such a fall would destroy a Xbox 360 or any Playstation controller yet the Nez brick just took the fall and has continued working ever since, reliable little bugger.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
In all honesty, I'd prefer a mouse.

..but an Xbox 360 controller will do just fine.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
GameCube controller. All the way guys, that controller was made of awesome and win with perfect sparkles. I don't care for the color of it, of course. None should XD