What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
FFX was my personal favorite, as well as being the last FF i've played. The characters were (mostly) good, the storyline was good, and the combat worked well enough for being a turn-based JRPG. Also, since I ignore the fact that X-2 even exists, the ending for FFX was one of the best endings I have ever seen in a game. Very sad, but very good as well. :3

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Mine is VI. Its the only one I've played through all the way. I'm not quite sure why though. The only ones I've played were on the GBA, so the gameplay was fairly similar, so I guess it was probably the characters that did it for me.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
in order from best to >.> less best? i guess?

FF6, like it best, good story, great character flexibility
FF4, i like the story and plot twists
FF5, eh story, but i like the job system and its still a good ride
FF9, good story, and good character flexibility, only thing holding it back is the rather stupid shoe horned in love interest crap

8 was kinda shit,
7 is just meh,
10 is also pretty meh, but lest more interesting then 7,
10-2, i like the combat and job system, and that's it,
much like 8, 12 is also kinda shit.
as for 1, its alright, i play it again now and then
2 is just crap.
3, pretty decent, but i donno, never really gelled with it, but i still like it

Merlynstorm

Nov 4, 2010
I dont really have favorites, all of them have aspects that I enjoy a whole lot. I'm currently playing through XII and VIII now, and I must say, after adjusting to the combat system and the skills system in both of them, they are probably the most fun I've had with leveling and learning skills yet.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
IX, X, and XIII
Because REASONS.

I also enjoyed Crystal Chronicles, and would like to see more of that series, but the newer ones either seemed uninteresting or didn't review well, and the original one was too gimmicky.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
As much as I love the final fantasy series 7 is the only one I actually beat the final boss. I always get to the level or to the point in the games I can go ahead to the ending but just before that point I realize i want all the stuff before I do so considering these factors I enjoyed ten the most until i got up to the calm lands where I stopped and to this day am trying to beat that damn chocobo balloon game. Behind that is XII followed by 9,7,then 8.

side note. To this day those damn seagulls give me nightmares

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
BoosterGold said:
Personally my favorites are Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy X-2

I love 9 for its amazing characters and story, FF9 defined my childhood

as for Final Fantasy X-2, I loved the combat and the free roaming, Yuna as a rebellious Gun wielder makes sense, Rikku is always fun and Paine is just plain awesome. I love the Dress Sphere system its a brilliant change of pace
I agree with your comments on X2. It took the job change system from ff5 and made it better.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
My all time favorite was Final Fantasy X. It's thanks to this awesome game that caused me to get into RPGs in the first place and the game was just brilliant. A great and complex story, an easy battle system, stylish graphics and attacks, lots of extras, side quests, and minigames, and a pretty awesome cast of characters.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Well I have only played 1, 6, 7, and 10. Out of those I played and liked 6 the most.

Keneth

Oct 14, 2011
I like them all really. (Except for 2 because.. yeah) Obviously, I like them for different reasons, but they all have their specific traits that really set them apart.

FF: Classic NES RPG goodness here.

FFII: Shit.. Complete, total, utter, shit.

FFIII: Never played it sadly. I hear it's pretty good.

FFIV: Epic storyline. Cool plot twists. Kain and Cecil are total badasses.

FFV: I loved messing with all the jobs and unlocking all the epic weapons in the castle.

FFVI: Quite possibly the best story in any game I have ever played. If you play games for more then just the pretty flashing lights, and you've never played this game you are doing yourself a GREAT disservice.

FFXII: Like many here this was my first FF and I have lots of fond memories of it. I cried at the end of disc 1. T.T

FFXIII: I don't even want to know how many hours I spent playing Triple Triad.

FFIX: I was a little put off by the cartoonish look of it at first but I warmed up to it pretty quick. Vivi is just an awesome little dude. ^.^

FFX: Another fantastic story. I don't want to know how many hows I spent playing Blitzball or fighting in the Arena either...

FFX-2: Ugh.. So Girly.. I was most certainly NOT the target audience for this game. Although, it held up pretty well gameplay-wise.

FFXI: I called Vana'diel my second home for 7 years. So many memories. I can't even begin to tell you about all of the wonderful people I met, and the adventures we had. Many people would consider the time I spent immersed in this world to be wasted. I do not. Witchy, Awkore, Shytz & Gigglz, Doombringer, Thetruemonkey, Lithy. You may have never met me in person. But you know my soul. (RDM for life, bitches! =P )

FFXII: The Gambit System is amazingly deep and nuanced. The story's not bad either. Even if it is pretty convoluted.

FFXIII: The Paradigm System is another deep battle system. Having the proper Paradigms set can mean the difference between 5 stars and death on some of the harder hunts. The story is pretty "Meh" but it doesn't really deserve all the hate it gets.

FFXIV: It's... getting better.

FFT: It' doesn't do anything groundbreaking, but this is a very good, solidly built, Tactical RPG.

FFT:A: Another good, solidly built Tactical RPG. But, again, nothing groundbreaking.

So.. yeah! I guess you could say that I'm a certified "Final Fantasy Fanboy." I've thoroughly enjoyed playing the games in this series through the years. Some of them far outshine the others in some respects. But, for the most part they all stand up pretty well under their own merits. (Except for FFII. Because it's an utter piece of shit.)

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
ManThatYouFear said:
YES! someone else who loves final fantasy X-2 i thought i was the only one :D
Nope! I like it too!
My favorite is FF X though. I love the story and Jecht & Auron are badass characters!

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
7 has some of my favourite characters, story, leveling and such. 8 Was a lot longer, but it didn't have as much flare as 7 did. I also liked 13, although not so much the seventy hour long corridor the game was.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Here's a question, just to test a theory...

Who's fave FF is the first one they played? I'm putting money on this being a Dr Who kinda thing, the first one you played being the best one :)

VI for me, tho I've got a lot of time for VII and 10 wasn't bad.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
personally my favorite final fantsy games are a sort of a three-way tie between V IX and XII

V- because it had an awesome battle system and exdeath is probably the most awesome ff villain ever. and seriously you cant beat a villain who was at various stages of his life a warlock, a prison and a tree

IX- though I remember stuff-all about the story I remember it being a great throwback to the "good lod days" of final fantasy's history despite the art style giving me nightmares as a kid.

XII- I'm very fond of this one due to in no small part the fact that it's set in the same world as ff tactics and vargrent story. also I'm fairly certain that it is the only final fantasy story in which the fate of the world -doesn't- rest in your hands. its more of a political story.
plus. (and I'll probably get in trouble for this) I really liked the combat system