what is your favorite game of all time?

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Persona 4, it's the only game i can call perfect and be completely serious about it. It made the standard JRPG turn based combat fun for god's sake! What mystical bullshit is this?! Go play it if you haven't already.
I personally prefer Persona 3. The characters and story were much better in that one, in my opinion.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Tough competition between Fallout 3 Vanilla, Half Life 2, or Halo: Combat Evolved for PC

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
Favorite Music in a Game: Red Dead Redemption
Favotire Story in a Game: Red Dead Redemption
Favortie Type of Game: Sandbox/RPG (Like Red Dead Redemption)

Favorite Game Ever?: Age of Empires

deadmandante

Jan 12, 2010
LilithSlave said:
Chrono Trigger. It is the game.

Other contenders are, just as above, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Okami, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, MegaMan X, EarthBound, Kirby's Adventure, Adventures of Lolo 3, and Donkey Kong Country: Diddy's Kong Quest. All of these games are flawless masterpieces as far as I'm concerned.
This, I rarely sign in and actually comment but I had to after seeing exactly what I was thinking written by someone else.

gnordsiek

Dec 25, 2011
Formula 1 by Psygnosis,from 1996.

I bought a PS1 in the Jan. of 97 and the demo disc that came with the system had the Silverstone track on it. I played it all the time just the one track. The next year I found my first copy of the game and that's when I discovered the "ladder" mode of game play where you have to finish ahead of ever increasing positioned drivers. Then when the PS1 had its "slim" model I got a bolt on screen so I was taking this everywhere when I had to travel for work or a vacation. That game is the one constant in the traveling group of games I take along for the last twelve years. I like a lot of games, but I have singled this out because I still will even play it on my PS3 from time to time. Weird I know.

CAMDAWG

Jul 27, 2011
One of SOTC, Jak 2, or dark souls.

I think jak 3 was actually a better game than its predecessor, but was similar in a few too many ways, and when I played it I was less taken aback than when I first played jak 2.

The other two are just brilliantly put together. Dark souls would have to be the first game I played through three times without some kind of gap between playthroughs.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Call of Duty: Black Ops.

HA HA. FAT CHANCE.

Honestly, I would have to say Portal. It hits every mark in its development, has some of the best writing in video game history, and provides a unique, unparalleled experienced (yes I know it was based on another game, but it is fully realized here). It is just epic in it's story even though it only has 2 characters and a sequence of small, white, rooms.

CScuff

Jan 14, 2011
The Legend of the Dragoon on PS1. I can say that I honestly enjoyed that game more than I should have, but something about it really struck me as outstandingly engaging. It's funny how one of the mess of generic PS1 JRPGs can stand out to an individual so much when it does almost nothing different than the rest of them.

vkola

Jul 12, 2011
Secret of Mana, one of the games that I enjoy to this day. Pixel graphics, somewhat engaging story. Good gameplay, great gameplay if you play it with friends. Combatsystem is good, atmosphere is great, music is good.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Gearabelle said:
Okami. This game is the first game to actually EXCEED my expectations of it. I had actually pumped myself up quite a bit prior to playing it. Even then it out shined what I had expected out of it. The game itself was just gorgeous to look at. The story was extremely well written and the characters amazingly lovable. The gameplay was a whole lot of fun, from puzzle solving to exploring the land. Everything about it was amazing, I loved it so much I wound up playing it twice in that same month. I still play it every now and again.
Good choice I absolutely love Okami truly one of the greats the only game to take on and beat zelda at its own game.

But for me my favourite is still FFVII (yeah , but whatcha gonna do) probably give it another run through again this year. Still the only RPG I have ever been able to fully enjoy more than once I just love almost everything about it.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy X-2. Outside of the uncomfortable hot spring scene, there isn't a single aspect of this game that doesn't make me happier than a pig in shit. It's just perfect.

In before "LOL U TROLLIN? XDDDDD" since I didn't say Ocarina of Time.

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Sirron Kcuch said:
I've always loved Burnout 3
This this this a million times this. Oh please let it be youre serious!

But if not that, has to be Morrowind. hours lost in that perfect game, i loved it and still do.

Daget Sparrow

Oct 2, 2011
So many to choose from...my top 3 though (in no particular order) would have to be Halo: Combat Evolved, Bioshock or Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Raika said:
My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy X-2. Outside of the uncomfortable hot spring scene, there isn't a single aspect of this game that doesn't make me happier than a pig in shit. It's just perfect.

In before "LOL U TROLLIN? XDDDDD" since I didn't say Ocarina of Time.
Personally, I'd say "LOL U TROLLIN" because you said Final Fantasy X-2, but that's just me.

My favorite game would have to be Persona 3: FES. While the portable version added things like a female protagonist and the ability to control your party members, it also removed all of the cutscenes, which I found very disappointing.

A lot of people say they like Persona 4, but I found the third game to have far superior story and characters. Persona 4 was fun, but 3 will always hold a special place in my heart.