what is your favorite game of all time?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Nooners said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. Yes, it's two cartridges. I still count it as one continuous game. I've beaten it probably a couple dozen times, and it never, EVER grows old.
JesterRaiin said:
jackpackage200 said:
what is your favorite game of all time?
If i had to die right here, right nonghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Ahem.
http://s1.blomedia.pl/gadzetomania.pl/images/2010/10/Eye-of-the-Beholder.jpg
What game is that?
I've not played it myself, but that game would be Eye of the Beholder.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It's between RE4 and 007 Nightfire. I've played both of those more than anything else.

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
It's either resident evil 4, ssb melee, borderlands, Final Fantasy III (6), Donkey Kong country, minecraft, Banjo tooie and guitar hero 3.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Fallout: New Vegas. Hits every aspect of gaming I love: it's got exploration, it's got guns, it's got great characters, it's got intelligent plotting, it's got a survival feeling to it, it's got humour, and it's got tremendous depth with great RPG mechanics. My favourite game ever, hands down.

Closest runner-up would be Bully, but nope, New Vegas rests at the top.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I got to say it's The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Forget Twilight Princess, this was the darkest Zelda made! Seriously, Nintendo games always pussy foot around death, but this game is so much more blunt about it and it's effects on the world. Plus, the three day cycle, while frustrating at first, is awesome! I love tracking a character's movement through out the entire cycle.

Damn... that game was awesome... :D

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Nooners said:
http://s1.blomedia.pl/gadzetomania.pl/images/2010/10/Eye-of-the-Beholder.jpg
What game is that?
It's exactly what the filename states - Eye of Beholder. It's first part of hack and slash crpg trilogy.

Actually i suggest to everyone that are planning to play this...

<youtube=_HnTeQFBIq0>
...to try EoB series first. The principles are the same. ;)

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
I have to go by category, can't pick just one

RPG: Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
JRPG: Shining Force
Adventure: Secret of Monkey Island
Text adventure: Anchorhead
Platform: GODS
Shooter: FarCry
Action: Little Big Adventure
Puzzle: Lemmings
Real time Strategy: Populous
Turn-based Strategy: Civilization
Sport: Speedball

Harveypot

Feb 20, 2011
Batman Arkham City. The gameplay is really fun and the story was so good that I couldn't stop playing it. It's like when you can't put a book down. I just love everything about the game.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
oof.. so many choices. from oldest to newest, i think warcraft 3 reign of chaos is very good. it captures the real spirit of warcraft and you dont have to pay!

i also think rise of nations by microsoft game studios is a very good game because its just so rewarding. nothing beteer then watchin aa guns shoot down them bombers after you have just spent 5000 of every resource on the lot.

the dragon age series are also quite good. its an rpg with limited sandbox and i just cant think of a reason. it just is.

oblivion, skyrim's predecessor is also great partially because the map is easier to read and because the mudcrabs arent so unrealistically big.

portal 2 simply because its so good. for science!

the latest is skyrim. i would call it revolutionary because it is!

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Civilization IV, with or without mods - preferably with expansions. I have yet to find a game that I would play for as long as I play it, and enjoy it as much. It hits the balance of difficulty, macro-management and pacing perfectly IMO.

Swiftshot13

Jul 23, 2011
I really liked Ultima Online back in the late 90's. That game was expansive, the first MMO i ever played, and the game balance was, in my opinion, really good.

You could never know what another player was capable of in combat, making attacking them consequential. Also, being able to actually have immoral skills to use on other players (Stealing) but could get punished for it, made the game have a very unique feel that MMO's these days wouldn't dare try because the top level people having their favorite sword stolen for not paying attention would result in unfavorable actions by players, hurting their income.

OintmentFly

Sep 16, 2010
Ok. I'm going to judge this based on the game with which I have clocked the most hours ever.

Samurai Warriors 2.

I know, I know, but it's true. I often still jump into bed and play a level of this before going to sleep of a night. The simple, meaningless carnage is somehow soothing.

But, looking objectively at the games I've played over the years (and still play now and then on emulaters)

Atari: Pitfall & River Raid. My preteens, right there.

Sega - Sonic series, Shining Force series, Strike Series, Road Rash 2, Micro Machines 2 (remember the J-Cart? Madness!), Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (simultaneously nostalgic and technically impressive at the time of it's release), Flashback - too many others to mention. Megadrive was THE system that made me a gamer.

Playstation - Tekken 2&3, Resident Evil, Max Payne, GTA Series, Infamous

Nintendo - Chrono Trigger, GoldenEye/Perfect Dark, LOZ: OoT, Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness; Sanity's Requim

X-Box - Fable, Halo, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Batman Arkham Asylum.

PC - Doom Series, Dune: The Battle for Arrakis, Dues Ex, Fallout Series (although NV was a letdown) Jagged Alliance 2, Baldur's Gate series, Half-Life Series

Oh, and though I don't play it anymore it has to be mentioned for the 3 years I played it and made many good friends doing so : World of Warcraft.

God damn, and I was trying to be succint.....

OintmentFly

Sep 16, 2010
Blood Brain Barrier said:
I have to go by category, can't pick just one

JRPG: Shining Force
Adventure: Secret of Monkey Island
Action: Little Big Adventure
Puzzle: Lemmings
Real time Strategy: Populous
Sport: Speedball
All great! Speedball 2, I'd forgotten about that game. Brutal Deluxe ftw!

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Final Fantasy VI

LOOOOOVED that game the moment I played it. I still go back and play it every now and then. Just love it.