what is your favorite game of all time?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
The Madman said:
Don't be silly, every good fan of the Baldur's Gate series knows about the amazing modding community.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I'm always shocked when some of most die-hard BG fans express complete lack of knowledge about mods for their beloved game. And yeah, it happens pretty often. :D

While at that. Tried SHS BWP already ? I'm eager to see how much things changed since 6.0 but i'm afraid it's too big challenge for me nowadays. You know, mods for games like Skyrim are so easy to instal now...

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
JesterRaiin said:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
I'm always shocked when some of most die-hard BG fans express complete lack of knowledge about mods for their beloved game. And yeah, it happens pretty often. :D

While at that. Tried SHS BWP already ? I'm eager to see how much things changed since 6.0 but i'm afraid it's too big challenge for me nowadays. You know, mods for games like Skyrim are so easy to instal now...
I tried it awhile back, no idea what version unfortunately, but it sadly just didn't work for me. The game would crash on opening the map screen, which was especially frustrating considering how long it took to download and install.

Great idea however, next time I'm getting the BG itch I intend to give it another shot and hopefully have it work properly this time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Danm it's hard just to pick one!

I think I would have to go with either Okami, SW:TOR, Gotch Force or Super Smash Bros Melee.

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
Considering the amount of time I've put into it over the last year, I'm inclined to go with Killing Floor. There's just something about blasting away freaks with a group of people that really appeals to me. Plus you can make pipe hats, what's not to love?

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
The Madman said:
I tried it awhile back, no idea what version unfortunately, but it sadly just didn't work for me. The game would crash on opening the map screen, which was especially frustrating considering how long it took to download and install.

Great idea however, next time I'm getting the BG itch I intend to give it another shot and hopefully have it work properly this time.
I managed to get it to work with most of available mods as for late 2009. Even back then it was around 100 of separate add-ons. Yeah, it ocassionaly crashed, but damn, it was worth it. Never managed to finish it, the game was simply too big with some locations impossible to leave without finishing sub-quests.

Nowadays... I'm guessing that content added by mods surpasses original trilogy two to three times. :D

tonysands1

Feb 23, 2011
Tough one, depends on the console/time of my life. Upon reflection, it's probably a case of which games did I replay more than others....

C64 - The Dizzy Games (the egg with boxing gloves)
Master System - Wonder Boy III/Micro Machines
Mega Drive - Jungle Strike/Shining Force
SNES - Secret of Mana/Super Mario World
PC ~1995 - Command & Conquer/Red Alert/Close Combat III
PS1 - Final Fantasy 7/MGS/Resident Evil 2
PC ~1998 - Civ 2/TFC/Counterstrike
PS2 - GTA San Andreas/FFX/Gran Turismo 3
Xbox - Halo
PC ~2005 - Battlefield 2
Xbox 360 - Forza 3/COD 4
PS3 - Mehh, Fallout Vegas,.......

...and throughout, Champ Man, from 97/98 to Champ Man 4, then on to Football Manager.

Wow, over the past couple of years, there's been plenty of good games but nothing I've repeatedly gone back to. Guess being a kid/not working helps!!!!! :)

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
There is only one true answer to this question. If you have a different answer, you have not yet experienced the majesty and magic of the game. That game is

No game even comes close to it's majesty. The greatest game of all time? Sure. The greatest piece of entertainment of all time? Most definitely. Mankind's single greatest achievement ever? Without a doubt.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Ultima Online. Circa September 24, 1997 - May 4, 2000; because the second they put in trammel that game went from awesome to suck in a single day.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Donkey Kong 64, I know I'm gonna get nostalgia block'd because it isn't that great but there's something I just find super amazing about it. I think it's because I identify it as a game. Like with the levels and power ups and objects. It feels like what the stereotypes people used to identify games is. Like a traditional nintendo hard, high score, beat the last boss game.Before we tried to define what games are as art or try to make dynamic stories or moral choices or create immersion. It feels like an archetypal game, delightfully retro (which would be a lot more note-worthy if it wasn't an n64 game.) and extremely fun, without being bogged down by any sort of preconceived notion of art or innovation. Just damn fun and damn good.

Akiraking

Jan 7, 2012
So many games to decide from. I would have to put Dragon Age Origins for Alistair. He is what made that game amazing but if he was not in it I would probably say Kingdom Hearts anyone of them. They are all good games.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. Yes, it's two cartridges. I still count it as one continuous game. I've beaten it probably a couple dozen times, and it never, EVER grows old.
JesterRaiin said:
jackpackage200 said:
what is your favorite game of all time?
If i had to die right here, right nonghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Ahem.
http://s1.blomedia.pl/gadzetomania.pl/images/2010/10/Eye-of-the-Beholder.jpg
What game is that?

Noala

Jun 3, 2010
Borderlands.
I love it, the characters, the weapons and the surprisingly deep detail that goes into the game world that lets you discover it, rather than read about it.

Clinky

Jan 5, 2012
Oooh decisions, decisions... So many great games. But which one to pick? Hard to say. But choosing right now I would have to say that game is:

Okami. This game is the first game to actually EXCEED my expectations of it. I had actually pumped myself up quite a bit prior to playing it. Even then it out shined what I had expected out of it. The game itself was just gorgeous to look at. The story was extremely well written and the characters amazingly lovable. The gameplay was a whole lot of fun, from puzzle solving to exploring the land. Everything about it was amazing, I loved it so much I wound up playing it twice in that same month. I still play it every now and again.

Though Okami wins now, some others that came pretty close were Legend of Legaia, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, and Persona 3 Portable.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Silent Hill 2. I consider it to be like a reincarnation of Jesus Christ, except made of a never-ending supply of non-melting chocolate, with a stash of gold with him that is enough to bribe Konami to make a new Silent Hill game that doesn't make me hate the world.

sharinganblossom25

Jan 2, 2011
Kingdom Hearts, definitely. :D The mix of Disney and Final Fantasy characters makes my inner nerd teem with excitement, and the story and gameplay were great too.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Persona 4, it's the only game i can call perfect and be completely serious about it. It made the standard JRPG turn based combat fun for god's sake! What mystical bullshit is this?! Go play it if you haven't already.

Oh and since the captcha has the word "pointing" in it, it would be a crime to not mention Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney... *Ba dum tish*. The entire series is fucking awesome, buy nao!

Also Fallout: NV is amazing, like they took good characters, writing and a fuckton of choices and threw them into the usual open world runaroundy level up type thing. They basically one upped (two upped even?) Bethesda at their own game. Alpha Protocol was awesome too, if really prone to plotholes due to the level of choices.

What i'm trying to say is: Go Team Obsidian!