What is your favorite Quote?

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
"Your fight for survival begins right now.
You think you will be judged? You won't be.
You don't think you're strong enough? You are.
You're afraid? Don't be.
You have all the weapons you need.
Now fight!"

Or...

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!"

Cookie to whoever gets the source.

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
I used to be a poet, he admits. Everyone "used" to be a poet. Those who remain poets, those who continue to admit they're poets, those are the ones I admire. When did being a poet become the writerly equivalent of wearing diapers? I used to have no control over my bowels and large people had to clean my nether regions. Now I write fiction. -Bruce Sterling

Right now though it changes.

smearyllama said:
You're afraid? Don't be.
Now fight!"

Or...

Sucker Punch *om nom nom nom*

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I have a few
I'm a ninja. No you're not. See that? What? Exactly!
?I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.?
I AM A MONSTER TRUCK WHO WALKS LIKE A MAN!
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
What's a word for the exact opposite of a mugging? Because that happened.
You gave him a hundred points to give you money!? Why yes, I was pleased with the swiftness of the delivery.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Countless lines from Dresden files
Ex:
Why would he bomb my car? You didn't accept his offer for a drink. Or, maybe because I shot him when he tried to sell you on eBay. OR, it's because you wounded his pride when you wouldn't go out for a drink with him!

Don't make me choose!

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
smearyllama said:
You're afraid? Don't be.
Now fight!"

Or...

Sucker Punch
Easiest cookie I ever earned.
Presumably based off of "Better fight for something than live for nothing." -General George Patton

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
"I swear, Athiests are the Jehovah's Witnesses of the internet."

I think that was a Susan Arendt line.

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
Here's Mine and Internet points if you can tell me what it's from
"I don't know what to say the monkeys won't do.
For a nickel I'll give you a clue"

And
"Wait, you expect us young and innocent children to climb dangerous scaffolding and paint pictures of naked people all over a church? We'll Do It!"

They're both from the same show.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
"Your life is an occasion.
Rise To It."

Best quote I've heard so far, in my opinion...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium: The greatest movie too many people have never seen.

AtheistAndProud

Apr 25, 2010
Quote, the soldier from the surface in Cave Story.
Oh, wait, I guess that isn't the question.

I think mine is Douglas Adams:
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Oh, but there's so many!
But here's one:
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." - Anonymous

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Lilani said:
TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
"Your life is an occasion.
Rise To It."

Best quote I've heard so far, in my opinion...

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium: The greatest movie too many people have never seen.
*places hand on screen*
Amen to that.

Zeroandx

Apr 7, 2010
"You.... Ill Make Mince Meat Out Of You..."
~ Dr.Eggman

I beleive he says it at the end of Tails story in Sonic Adventure.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I have a soft spot for lovable assholes in any media, but this is a quote from the greatest asshole ever, Leonard Church:

"You know, Caboose, I used to not care. I just went along with orders and hoped that everything would work out for me. But after all that has happened, you know what I learned? It's not about hating the guy on the other side because someone told you to. I mean, you should hate someone because they're an asshole, or pervert, or snob, or they're lazy, or arrogant, or an idiot, or a know-it-all. Those are reasons to dislike somebody. You don't hate a person because someone told you to. You have to learn to despise them on a personal level. Not because they're Red, or Blue, but because you know them, and you see them every single day, and you can't stand them because they are a complete and total fucking douchebag."

Don't let anybody tell you that hate is a negative thing; it can be very healthy to hate someone/thing, just don't let it dominate you, and never hate out of ignorance because that just makes you an idiot. And I HATE idiots.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
"War; war never changes"

"Jesus saves, and takes half damage"

[This was from my fater]
"There's nothing wrong with being an asshole, so long as you are an asshole to everyone"

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
"Don't worry about things you can't do anything about. You do what you can, even if your chances of success are less than one percent."

-Koshun Takami, Battle Royale

This is a particularly strong guiding principal in my life. Since I'm an aspiring actor, my chances of success are literally 'less than one percent'.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
I am a monster. What I am doing is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

SplitDemonIdentity

Aug 23, 2010
"There?s a whole generation of people that aren?t defined by their sex or their race or by who they like to sleep with. I think as a person you know what your values are and what you believe in, and I think that?s the most important thing."
~Johnny Weir