What is your favourite map/level of all time?

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
I'm on board for the Facility from Goldeneye as well. My friends and I would meet up in the bathroom for a 4-way pistol melee. I'd love to see them put that one on the Virtual Console with online enabled...although Rare belongs to Microsoft now, doesn`t it.

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
RAWKSTAR said:
The one in RedFraction. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the map but it was placed in a dessert inviroment in which both players basically had two huge buildings to roam around in. You could also blow chunks out of his building at the same time. Kicked ass.
So true. Also, shooting rockets into the sky, watching them rain unto the level like small meteors is great fun.

Besides that, the entire map of Morrowind. It's practically one big level, and with Morrowind sitting resolutely as my best gaem evar, it wins.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
I can't remember the name of it.

It was on Perfect Dark. It was the level with the big circular room that had a small circular room in it. The small room had only one garage-door looking thing to get in.

My friend Andrew and I used to set up a fortress there with sentry guns and fly-by-wire rockets. Assult the fort, kill Andrew, and hunker down. First one to X kills wins.

I think the level was called Area 51.

NoDamnNames

Feb 25, 2009
Red faction 2 Platforms map

a bunch of floating platforms in space with a floating castle at each end and floating rooms in between with a ton of jump pads. Much funner than it sounds

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Did i ever mention how crackdown had some great level design? Pretty great achievement considering that the game is open-world. Even better in co-op.

Arach

Jan 1, 2009
starrman said:
Tricks and Traps from Doom2.
Ah, that was one of my favorites too. The level before it, Dead Simple, is also a classic. Probably all of the levels in Doom 1 & 2 are memorable to be honest.

Other levels that pop up to my mind:
The Abyss from Duke Nukem 3D
Pirate Utopia from HOMM 2
Bullring from THPS 2
The dopefish level from Commander Keen 4

Multiplayer maps:
2fort from Team Fortress
Facing Worlds from Unreal Tournament
as_tundra from CS
Toonrun from SvenCoop

And probably much more, but I really can't remember more right now.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
starrman said:
Tricks and Traps from Doom2.
I loved the room with the Cyberdemon and all the Barons. That map was hilarious.

Also, everyone loves deDust, but I think it's terrible.

Anyway, my favorite Hyperblast from UT'99.

It is a shining example of awesome and balance, with lots of mobility for the players involved.

I really love certain -areas- of games (though I wouldn't say they're maps or levels) so I guess I won't count them (act 4 of diablo 2?)

Spin Cycle from Duke 3D was really really fun in multiplayer...can't think of much else.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
blackcherry said:
Multi-player wise, pick a Goldeneye N64 level. Chance is, it will rule.

Not so much for its pseudo sequel. Never got to even finding out how the multi-player was. Any good?
Perfect Dark you mean? Very good. They added in a challenge section which was great fun to take on four player, horrible one player. The addition of bots helped a little as well, and being able to fully customise weapons slots and stuff helped. But really we just played the challenges from memory, as they soon become really hard and tested us well.

RAKais

Jan 14, 2009
the protaginist said:
Backlot from CoD 4.
Gaint-Fan-Level from Halo 2. you know which one i'm talking about.

and i'm not sure if this counts, but I love the Helms Deep map in Battle for Middle-Earth II.
Zanzibar is the giant fan level

Desaari

Feb 24, 2009
Sniper's Last Stand on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was alot of fun for a single player map imo.

Morpheus on UT'99 for multiplayer.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
hmm... i guess i really like Strike in CoD4:MW - it's a good map for sniping, and a good map for close/mid-range.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
The second level of Halo 2 from when you land on Earth to the Scarab. The layout of those levels are the best in the series. I go back and play through it once a year and always have fun.

DeadMG

Oct 1, 2007
I have to say Archives with Proximity Mines. We also added in Infinite Ammo and Liscence to Kill.

LifeSarcastic

Feb 25, 2009
Wasder said:
Wetwork on CoD4. Go MP5 stealth! I also love Snowblind on Nightfire
:) Someone else who loved SnowBlind. I also love KillHouse and Streets on Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2. (I love when enemies are fighting one of my team mates look over in my direction and receive a bullet in the head from me for all their efforts.)