What is your "Go to" channel?

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
First point of call is the BBC channel's, then channel 4, livingtv then sky1, dave then last resort is VH1 for background noise.

Smokeydubbs

Mar 18, 2009
Either ESPN or FOX News. When I have a TV with digital cable, its usually Science Channel or Military. Late nights Science has a bunch of "How it's Made"'s on. That show is quite possibly the worst show to try to get tired to. Its too damn interesting.

2am
"Today on How it's Made: Stop signs, cardboard, and baseball hats."
... Yea, I'll watch...
2 hours later
"Today on How it's Made: Car brakes, golf tees, and concrete mix."
... Shit... Yea, ok... I'll watch.

Eat Uranium

Dec 2, 2009
Dave is my 'theres nothing much on I guess I'll just watch this then' channel. Unfortunatly can't get it at Uni so our default channel here is E4.

caprisun

Nov 8, 2009
Gotta be Dave(is a british channel). top gear, QI and mock the week are on constantly. love it. also comedy central

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The internet... when there's nothing good on TV, I just go to the internet. Or watch Flight of the Conchords/Arrested Development on DVD. Or TiVo. There is no channel with something good on all the time.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
"I find Television very educational; every time some one turns on the set I go into the other room and read a book!".

Cookie if anyone can tell me who said that.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Never really watch TV, watch everything online.

When I do get thrown the (sky) remote however I tend to press 419, 606, and 126.
I used to watch TV so I know the channels. :)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Neonbob said:
The Discovery Channel.
I always go there first.
It's just entertaining so often. Even though it's filled with Cash Cab on weekdays...that sucks.
Honestly, if nothing is on, or if something else is on, I end up staying with Discovery.
This, though I switch Discovery around with National Geographic and Animal Planet, those 3 are my back-up channels.

But as another person said, Discovery is getting too much car/hotrod crap, the only new, truly worthwhile shows I can think of are Dirty Jobs and Myth Busters. At least you really learn something from those shows, and they're awesome at the same time. Ahhh I remember the days of Time Team, góds I loved that show.

The same is happening with National Geographic by the way, but instead of car crap it spams too much civil engineering stuff. Not much wrong with Animal Planet though, although it could do with a little less animal cop shows.

And when all else fails, there is always Invader Zim and Legend of the Seeker on my computer, or my Battlestar Galactica DVD set.