What is your IQ?

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Last time I did one I got 139. That was about 3-4 years ago though. And I doubt it was reliable XD

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Ok, also keep in mind that this specific test caps at 150.

Scored 30/30 on it with a score of 150 myself. Ive taken other online IQ tests and they cap at 150.. part of the reason why is because beyond 150 its really hard to get an accurate gauge.

but as others have said, this specific test is incredibly easy. Its 90% spacial orientation.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I took one online earlier today (the credibility of which is uncertain). I got 129, which according to another site I went to, is the very end of the 'above average' scores. 130 starts the 'gifted' scores.

Makes sense I suppose, since I was in a gifted minds class in fourth grade (dropped out of it, because I wasn't learning anything new and it got boring, which led to me being unable to take it in fifth grade) and through all three years of middle school. My high school doesn't utilize the program. Shame, the middle school one was awesome...

I kind of want to take a legitimate IQ test, but at the same time don't feel like going through the trouble to do so.

Zap Rowsdower

Jun 24, 2010
dathwampeer said:
Not trying to burst your bubble here. But this test will likely be bogus.

150 is above genius level 170 is entering super genius level. Unless you and your brother are something really special I'd probably disregard what that test said.
Actually my brother is quite the genius. His test was done professionally. The only thing he has ever not gotten an A on was a test on the rules of Volleyball in High School. Last year he made the Dean's list and President's List in the University of Oklahoma.

guyy

Mar 6, 2008
IQ tests are so silly. Average intelligence is supposed to be a score of 100...yet nearly everyone here got scores well above that [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wobegon#The_Lake_Wobegon_effect"]for some reason[/a].

Online tests are especially generous (often giving scores that are impossible on a "real" test), though I doubt real-life ones are all that much better. And of course they all use different scales, so comparing scores from different tests doesn't really work...

Just to be hypocritical, I got 133 on some test or other, which I only remember because it's an outlier on that XKCD graph.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I took one online a couple weeks ago for fun and scored 148. I'm happy with it, but I don't take it all that seriously.

Apr 29, 2010
TheMaddestHatter said:
I've never been tested, and have no intention of being. I know what I'm capable of, and I don't like others having anymore benchmarks to predict off of.
Me either. Even if I had been tested in the past, I certainly don't remember what my score was.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
guyy said:
Online tests are especially generous (often giving scores that are impossible on a "real" test), though I doubt real-life ones are all that much better.
Of course they're generous. They're not going to get people to pony up for whatever produce or service they're pushing by telling them they're thick as pigshit.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
Monkeyman8 said:
99th percentile, that's all that matters
99th percentile in what? Normal IQ tests are done in sections then, I believe, calculated to an average. The percentiles assigned are to each of the sections of the test, not to the completed work.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I think it's important to not that not only did Binet and Simon not devise their set of tests to evaluate and quantify general intelligence but that Binet himself openly objected to the idea of quantifying intelligence.

The Binet-Simon test, which serves as the basis for most current IQ tests, was developed as a tool for identifying intellectual and developmental disabilities in school children.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
210, but that was 1994 and I was about 7, I'm pretty certain puberty and girls, lowered it by now

and the test seemed older then both my parents

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Considering I have a tactile-kinesthetic learning disorder, and part of the test required I do things that I had a LOT of trouble with, I have an IQ of 160 according to the Wechsler (140, if you subtract points for the 'spatial IQ' questions I couldn't get). This was when I was 16, so I don't know if it changed or not.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
TheMaddestHatter said:
I've never been tested, and have no intention of being. I know what I'm capable of, and I don't like others having anymore benchmarks to predict off of.
This a thousand times over. I just don't like the idea of people boiling my mind town to a single number. It just seems... wrong...

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
I'm not a fan of IQ tests. True tests, or online ones. I took an online one a few years back and came up with 157, another one less than a year later was 30 points lower. According to the real one I took, the 'world average' IQ is 90, mine was 133 and, oddly enough, (this lends credence to my disbelief of the IQ testing system) I scored in the 98th percentile in English, passage comprehension and the like, but only in the 4th percentile in Math, despite my grade in the class exceeding 75 percent, with a class average of 60...

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
104... Im wondering if idk's are just as bad as a wrong answer...
I don't trust online IQ tests anyways.