What is your IQ?

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Oh man, a 15 minute online IQ test... really gonna get an accurate portrayal of my IQ with that thing. Come on.

Whether you trust IQs in the first place or not, you still have to admit that a 15 minute online one is not the way to go. The proper ones last about 1hour and cost a chunk of money to get people to accurately assess you. Schools sometimes do them for small groups and it costs like £150 a head, I know this because I was part of one of said groups in my school.

EDIT: It also doesnt take into account a persons laziness, even though its only 15 minutes long I really cant be arsed with it. Maybe if it was fun or actually mattered, then I might waste my time on it.

EDIT2: Every single online IQ test I have seen is super inflated... maybe because they are outdated or maybe they are just stroking your ego. Either way, not accurate. You have to remember that the average IQ is 100 and HAS to be 100... all these people claiming to have mid-100s simply cant be accurate, unless you want to claim only intellectuals frequent this site in which case you are being absurd and unreasonable.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
My IQ is a useless number determined by faulty test which simply demonstrate a highly incomplete human model for quantifying intelligence. That said, I took two tests within two weeks in grade school. The first administered at school, this one actually involved trivia questions about history dates and events, not many but even at the time I thought it was hilarious. Score 90. The second was administered by a psychologist, and was mostly pattern recognitions and puzzle solving, some math was thrown in as well. Score 173.

Fact is we test intelligence with questions we percieve to be questions the intelligent can answer. This grants us that we have some omnicient understanding of our brain and how to test its intellectual potential. The disparity in the tests comes mostly from the fact that I was exposed to math at an early age, so was at an advantage on the second test due to something somone taught me, not my brains magical powers. These tests need to take thier place beside phrenology. You can test particular aptitudes but to try and apply that to some universal quantity of intelligence is absurd.

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
This test said i got 146, although I know my math and linguistic skills realistically aren't that great. Oh well it doesn't matter, it still takes a lot more than a good IQ to be intelligent.

Mr Montmorency

Jun 29, 2010
Took an official one, and I got a score of 145. This takes into account that I'm utter shit at maths.

My score was a little piece of ego I could cling to when I got it, until I realised how bullshit it was.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Enough that Mensa offered me membership when I took their test.

I refused, btw.

I would much rather be known for my actual abilities and what I've actually done, instead of some foolish expectations of these.

And having spend more time looking at different tests applied by organizations, I've come to the conclusion taht all an IQ test tests for is how well you do in IQ tests and how good your pattern recognition is. Neither is a definitive sign of intelligence.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
My mother made me take one over the summer. I had to take 3 different tests. I think I averaged at about 129. *Shrug*

Most a these tests are totally inaccurate anyway. Most people getting above the average which is indeed 100.

Not that it really matters so long as your not below average it shouldn't really affect you.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I don't "believe" in IQ tests since they are mainly math and intelligence according to me is a lot more than only mathematics.

Lineoutt

Sock Hat
Jun 26, 2009
139 meh fine. I am not going to invest much of my energy in this. IQ tests are overrated.
nezroy said:
Why is it that everyone who was "forced" to take an IQ test, the result of which "doesn't matter" to them, still ends up posting the result they received on these "irrelevant" and "waste of time" tests?

Teehee.

Now if only someone would post a follow up to this that superiorly ridicules me for feeling superior by making fun of other people posting about their superiority, this thread will be complete. Let's get on that, people...
Cool :) Ok!

Well I posted mine because the thread was titled "What is your IQ?" So I took the test because I was curious and got a ridiculous number that is probably waay inaccurate. I believe it is a waste of time because I did not get an IQ of 200. If I got that then it would be a "very accurate portrayal of intelligence" But I didnt, so its not. Even if the person thinks the number is irrelevant its still cool to get a high one. Its kind of like winning a medal for "sitting through all the commercials in the super bowl" or something. Yes its a stupid medal but hey, at least you won it!

drdamo

May 17, 2010
ghostalker.cepo said:
drdamo said:
I did an official MENSA test about 5 years ago, got 139, 1 point less than the minimum to be accepted (Its for the top 2% of the world's smartest people).
Try the indication test on their website if you really think you are that smart.
All the other tests are bollocks.
Actually all tests are bollocks so forget about it.

Such tests are simply an indication for that specific place, time and state of mind when you did it.
It doesn't guarantee that you always are able to access your optimal knowledge capacity.
So real intelligence isn't measured by something standardized, but how you manage to use it when its actually needed. So good for you if you can stuff a bunch of facts into your gray matter, i'd like to see how you'll cope in real life when you feel the pressure and are influenced by various other external factors like: other people, company policy, improvisation, specific demands made by a client and what not.
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what intelligence is. Knowledge does not equal intelligence, never has done and never will. Intelligence is how fast the neurons in your brain transmit signals to each other, or more simply, the speed at which you process information, and that *is* something that you can transfer to real life, help you cope with the pressure of those external factors.

Sounds like you're bitter about not getting in to the smart boy's club. Trust me, it's nothing special.
Sounds like you base you entire theory on how i choose and use my vocabulary.
Don't try and judge me based on a mere handfull of highly interpretive words.
If you actually tried your best to understand a fellow human you would've noticed that, combined with the many posts made about how the average IQ-test, that i am aiming at how they are more about your IQ for making IQ-tests than your actual intelligence, you'll realize that i'm not as wrong as you want and/or hope me to be.

And if you'd think i'm bitter, you're wrong again. It has been 5 busy years since then, did you really think i sat still all these years? I might be hatefull, hatefull towards man in general, but never bitter, that'll only cost you your sanity and more importantly 'tis a waste of precious time.
And that i havn't told the current truth, is simply because i don't need to brag about it like you do and i quote: "Trust me, it's nothing special". Do you even realize how egocentrical this line is, or is it actually true that you lack a sufficient EQ score?

But if i must clarify, my psychiatrist and the overall conclusion of my therapy sessions from the last few years show many changes and, if i wanted to, i could join that "smart boy's club" right away based on their findings.
However i find it more important and much more meaningfull to use that intelligence and accumulated knowledge to a more noble cause like helping and supporting the ones i love.
A group i'd never want to consider you a part of.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I'm sorry but IQ tests are bullshit. They don't determine your intelligence, they determine how good you are at IQ tests.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
153 which surprised me a little as I quit school at 16 and went into the Army and my sister who I know to have a much lesser IQ went to university for 5 years.
The score may interpret IQ levels but it doesn't interpret ability to use said IQ, hence why I am not a doctor or a teacher. Having said that, I bet many teachers/doctors ect could only dream about doing my job so I am very happy with my lot.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
I had it tested once, was 144 I think.

That said, I went to university with a guy with an IQ of 170. I've finished studying for a year now (5 year study), he's still in his second year. And that's because he doesn't understand how to write a normal essay and see connections between different historical events. So that makes one think how important or even reliable IQ tests are.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
Tourette said:
153 which surprised me a little as I quit school at 16 and went into the Army and my sister who I know to have a much lesser IQ went to university for 5 years.
The score may interpret IQ levels but it doesn't interpret ability to use said IQ, hence why I am not a doctor or a teacher. Having said that, I bet many teachers/doctors ect could only dream about doing my job so I am very happy with my lot.
I'm a teacher, and I'm not dreaming about your job. ;)