What is YOUR troll food?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
Well, according to [a href="http://www.wowwiki.com/Troll"]this article[/a], Trolls practice cannibalism. So, I guess Troll food would be any living thing?
that would mean trolls eat other trolls

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
kjh242 said:
I see all these posts about trolls and such, posts by people on probation, etc. and I wonder. What exactly were that banhamminated for? So now I ask the escapist, What are you willing to post, risking the wrath of the banhammer? and please, for the love of the escapist mods, DO NOT post examples of trolling or troll my thread. There's a fine line between "troll" and "idiot".
Also, I will laugh SO HARD if this brings down the wrath.
Maybe the admins just ban someone every few forums to scare us all, like we are all a bunch of ants and the admin is a 6 year old burning one of us off with a magnifying glass.

I will swear in my posts occasionally and perhaps make an offensive joke but I apologize for it after just to be careful, although I have seen one post where someone requested to be banned/prohibited and well... ask and you shall receive.

Also I'm wondering how much trouble you would get into for making a post that has a spoiler on it and when the person clicks on the tag it comes up with over 100 books or writing and stories that you copied from websites and pasted on. So when people click on it BAM! instant computer failure.

Please don't ban me for posting that idea, I would never do it!

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
I once got suspended for a month because I used the word "gay".
That word's an actual word, not made up slang.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Simskiller said:
Drakmeire said:
I would never post anything that could get me banned but I was once warned for humorously comparing someone to Mr. Kimura from Azummanga Daioh (who is a slight pedophile for high school girls) I guess not many people liked the joke.
Sweet another reason to post this video!

Skip to 20 second for song and lulz will be had.

That...was....freaking... GENIUS

I lol'd so hard at the witnessing of that, so awesome!

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
derelix said:
FalloutJack said:
I don't feed trolls. I poison them. To me, a foolish troll is like the mouse to a cat, and I'm definitely playing the cat. You expose the jerk for what he is and all the while look like a cunning badass in the process. Then, when he's been thoroughly nom'd, the mods come and scoop the kitty litter away. Meow!
Yes, yet another person that doesn't understand what a troll is but desperatly wants to seem tough.

How are you the cat? How are you doing anything to hinder them in any way? If your responding and trying to explain why the person is a "jerk" your only helping their cause if they are a troll and your only harassing somebody online in any other case.

But nice work, you fooled us all into thinking your the "badass" that you desperately pretend to be online.
Case in point. A random Escapists wants to put down another rudely instead of being constructive or discussing things like a normal person. Anybody can see that this is a rude remark and should not be given any validity. The trouble with your average troll is that they can't do anything nice online, like be the bigger man. Always with the putdowns, never with the cultivated wisdom. Some of us are as big as we act, no pretending and lots of satisfaction. And the more the perpetrator continues to troll, the more it's apparent that he's actually proving the point, not dissuading it. It's the Jack Thompson effect, and it's very effective.

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
I've never been banned or even warned from a forum, I like to think I'm a nice and fair guy, plus I'm careful without being paranoid. My troll food is just to step out of people's way if it's getting heavy, which is anti-troll food. Okay I've got nothing...just gonna watch the fireworks thanks. :D

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
I thought the title said 'Troll Foot' like It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia.
Needless to say I am somewhat disappointed.

OT: If I think it will get me banned/suspended/probation I will either think of a better way to phrase my cmment, or abstain from posting.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
derelix said:
FalloutJack said:
derelix said:
FalloutJack said:
I don't feed trolls. I poison them. To me, a foolish troll is like the mouse to a cat, and I'm definitely playing the cat. You expose the jerk for what he is and all the while look like a cunning badass in the process. Then, when he's been thoroughly nom'd, the mods come and scoop the kitty litter away. Meow!
Yes, yet another person that doesn't understand what a troll is but desperatly wants to seem tough.

How are you the cat? How are you doing anything to hinder them in any way? If your responding and trying to explain why the person is a "jerk" your only helping their cause if they are a troll and your only harassing somebody online in any other case.

But nice work, you fooled us all into thinking your the "badass" that you desperately pretend to be online.
Case in point. A random Escapists wants to put down another rudely instead of being constructive or discussing things like a normal person. Anybody can see that this is a rude remark and should not be given any validity. The trouble with your average troll is that they can't do anything nice online, like be the bigger man. Always with the putdowns, never with the cultivated wisdom. Some of us are as big as we act, no pretending and lots of satisfaction. And the more the perpetrator continues to troll, the more it's apparent that he's actually proving the point, not dissuading it. It's the Jack Thompson effect, and it's very effective.
Very nice, the old "well I want to be a good person but that always means bad things for me so I'm going to be mean just to prove a point" but the fact is your no better than me.

I'm not a troll. I don't care if you think I am, but if I was I wouldn't care what you just posted, I would simply rip apart your post and you and yes it would be very easy to do so because...well...your clearly pretty delusional and you seem to see yourself as some kind of forum tough guy.

I wasn't "Putting you down" I was simply telling you why your spewing self indulgent nonsense. There is a difference.

Let me make it simple for you. The people you think of as your mice are not really hurt by your attacks and the people you are attacking are probably not really trolls.
Nice job mentioning Jack Thompson in a completely unrelated subject though, I notice all the "cool" gamer kids are doing that now.
Any Howard Stern or Clinton references you want to do too? Both are just as relevant really.

One last thing, you don't even know what being the bigger man means if you think it's impossible here. Being the bigger man means not coming on to a forum to talk about how much you pwn trolls by insulting them online or whatever you do that you think hurts them somehow.

You never actually responded to any of the points I made, I guess we could call that the Jack Thompson approach too. Ignore the points made by the person you dislike and instead attack them personally.
And this irate rant was in proof of what now? As soon as you take an attitude like that, people see you as abusive. This is mostly because, well, you are. I'm fairly certain that there are those who actually find this quite trollish by the way you're responding. And if this has no effect, why are you so hot and bothered? Surely, you can suffer one man's opinion. Why, the only reason I'm responding to you now is because you're actually attacking me, when I don't even know you. Take a look at your posts. Now look at mine. Who's in the wrong here? The failing here is that you are taking a temper over an internet thing. There's no amount of abuse that you can use to make this right. If you don't like that I actually have indeed dealt with such people in a manner that is both acceptable and effective, then that's a problem that you will have to live with. Now really... Be nice. It's Christmas. You're not going to goad me into a terrible bleary fit on the holidays, anyway.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
derelix said:
Now's a good time to snip, I think.
Well, let's see...

You went out of your way to call me out for no other apparent reason than to do it, so you must have a bug up your ass over something. I'm only using my eyes. Have you noticed how I've been avoiding being really offensive? They like that I stay calm in these conditions. And while I am, by my nature, a cynic...this was the wrong time to be one. Are you really hitting me with 'life is meaningless' here and now? But I'm afraid I must disagree with your comments. You see, I am rather good at picking up patterns. And what I see is that you're trying very hard to irk me over something which you said is pointless. Well, if it is...then leave it alone. I say you're hot and bothered, and that you attacked, because it is apparent...in that I have been very passive in this, even kind. There's just no pleasing some people.

And who are you calling 'kid'?

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Occasionally, a thought that might be seen as trolling will cross my mind when I'm in one of my more cynical moods. I sometimes even get as far as typing it out and previewing it in the "Reply to Thread" box. In general, though, I don't go through with actually posting it. Writing it and getting it out of my system is usually enough to satisfy me.

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
Unfoundet hate towards a particular genre,game, person, race or sexuality.

And idiot´s posting the same hate relatet shit in different threads.

I avoid Christians all togheter for reason i wont bore you with.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Space Spoons said:
Occasionally, a thought that might be seen as trolling will cross my mind when I'm in one of my more cynical moods. I sometimes even get as far as typing it out and previewing it in the "Reply to Thread" box. In general, though, I don't go through with actually posting it. Writing it and getting it out of my system is usually enough to satisfy me.
If only more were like you.

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
FalloutJack said:
derelix said:
Now's a good time to snip, I think.
Well, let's see...

You went out of your way to call me out for no other apparent reason than to do it, so you must have a bug up your ass over something. I'm only using my eyes. Have you noticed how I've been avoiding being really offensive? They like that I stay calm in these conditions. And while I am, by my nature, a cynic...this was the wrong time to be one. Are you really hitting me with 'life is meaningless' here and now? But I'm afraid I must disagree with your comments. You see, I am rather good at picking up patterns. And what I see is that you're trying very hard to irk me over something which you said is pointless. Well, if it is...then leave it alone. I say you're hot and bothered, and that you attacked, because it is apparent...in that I have been very passive in this, even kind. There's just no pleasing some people.

And who are you calling 'kid'?
Why am I responding to you, FalloutJack? It doesn't matter what I say or how reasonably I say it, you will brand me as a troll and not actually answer any of my questions or points.

Because that's what I see here. You're a hypocrite and a troll, and if I'm wrong, I want you to prove it by actually debating derelix's points instead of mindlessly insulting him and his value as a human being. If you decline that challenge and merely insult me, then you prove that I'm right about you, and I would rather that not be the case.