What MMO have you had the most fun in?

Sep 30, 2010
Atlys said:
The most fun I've had with an MMO would be RuneScape. It keeps bringing me back over and over.
this
Every time I go back it brings a flood of memories and it's always been fun. Of course my younger brother plays it more than me now, and has since surpassed me which is kind of strange when i play with him.

Archraven

Apr 15, 2009
I would have to say Warhammer was the most fun for me. I had a strong guild and it was one of the few games in which I was consistently good in pvp through different tiers. Plus I really enjoyed the huge epic battles between players, when they happened.

Kryzantine

Feb 18, 2010
Probably WoW overall, though I can't suggest it now. I played a Tauren Shammy for a bit and it was FUN. I was a beast leveling up in the Outlands. Specced enhancement and I managed to heal better than most priests on my server. Could put in some good DPS if it was called for, too (but that was rare). But now, it's simply too easy. It's not fun any more. There's no real challenge to it.

I tried a few MMOs recently, and I'm going to have to say of all the trials I've had, Rift was probably the most fun. I can't imagine it adds new elements as it goes on, but to be honest, the rifting concept is so unique and entertaining that I can see it going on for a while. More importantly, the game itself encourages small, 3-man to 5-man teams. With the variety of classes that one can have (the game hasn't established cookie-cutter builds yet, to my knowledge, so there's a fair amount of variety there), it should lead to some interesting tactics and gameplay. Actually, that variety kind of makes up for the fact the game would seem a bit light on end-game content.

But I found it to be the most fun. There were some builds I tried that I could flat out not play effectively, and I LOVE that. My most successful build was, conveniently, an Eth Shaman (I forgot the other 2 classes, I specced all my points into the Shaman set, though I utilized a summoned faerie for healing). A bit of healing, but mostly raw DPS, melee augmented with some elemental damage. But I tried a few other builds - a weird defensive rogue, a nuking mage, a duel wielding warrior - that simply didn't fit with me. And I like that challenge. It feels like a good project to work on whenever I'm bored of that shaman.

And did I mention the rifting concept? It does so much wonder for the game itself. In a year or so, it should be popularly known as a very much viable alternative to WoW, and that competition can only prove good for both MMOs.

ShirowShirow

Oct 14, 2010
I only play Dungeon Fighter Online nowadays because of the awesome fighting, and it's consistently fun. I love the game to death.

But the time i've had the MOST fun ever? Warhammer online. Holding fast as a part of a shield wall, being all that's between the inside of a keep and dozens of bloodthirsty chaos warriors... Watching as dozens of cannonballs and magical blasts of energy fly towards and against the castle walls... Sallying forth as reinforcements arrive and cutting down stragglers as they fleed, or watching the line break and mounting one last desperate defense near the lord as minions of evil poured through the front gate... Those battles defined epic.

Warready

Apr 17, 2009
As much as I liked EQ pre PoP, I'd have to say its a toss up between Dark Age of Camelot (pre Frontiers) and Planetside.

The reason I mention EQ is probably more out of nostalgia than anything else as that started the whole MMO gaming for me.

Dark Age of Camelot was by far the best pvp oriented MMORPG I've played yet. No other MMO has been able to replicate the amount of epic chaos that ensued with 400+ players from 3 different factions duke it out and the walls of keeps or way gates. It had solid PvE at the time and as I stated, no other game has been able to replicate the visceral adrenaline rush of the PvP in that game. Its made me jaded to the PvP that gets arbitrarily tacked on to games now a days, ie WoW.

Planetside I've got to say, there's no other game that I've had more fun playing with a small core group of players. I had originally played the game when it came out and then hung up my certs and played FFXI for a while before I came back after the BFR (and first nerf) expansion. I joined up with the Renegades on Konreid and never found a closer knit guild/unit/corp/outfit in any other game. Nothing beat logging in, jumping into a squad 1 minute into the game and then racking up a 235::2 k::d ratio piloting a Peregrine for 3 hours.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
stormcrow5 said:
just a simple question what MMO did you have the most fun with?
Personaly for me it would be Guild Wars, I still have yet to find something better for me
Yep, Guildwars was awesome. Spent probably 1000+ hours in it, and never really gotten into another MMO to that same degree.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
Runescape...
OHGODNOSTALGIAFLOOD!

I might actually go back to it, they have some REALLY good storylines there and EPIC quests. It's only problem is that it's boring when you have no friends to play with you and it's so grindy.

Maybe I could get my friend to play with me again...
(Proceed with mental battle on what I should do)

Doomcat

Aug 25, 2010
Guild wars is #1, i played it first when a friend lent it to me for a while, played all the classes (drawn towards Warriors even though i love mages...and Necros/Eles for some reason) then promptly he decided to play again and i was like "NOOOOO" got my acct years later, found dervishes, and had fun again :D

#2 is probably Ragnarok, no idea why but private servers of that game keep me fairly well entertained for quite a while...hmm

Alanj95

Aug 20, 2010
City of Heroes going through Atlas Park sewers with a social team that worked together...Best times in any of the MMOs I have ever played.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Dungeon Fighter online is too repetitive... Mabinogi has tons of random bullshit... Runescape is just... ugh... so Forsaken World, I guess. I have friends who I play it with, I'm a Dwarf with a freakin' shotgun, and it's actually pretty simple.

SplitDemonIdentity

Aug 23, 2010
Honestly mine is probably FusionFall. Yeah the Kiddy Alien Invasion Cartoon Network MMO that's similar to the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi. I'm not entirely sure why but I've seriously enjoyed myself on it for the three years I've been playing. It's probably coz I don't like groups which yes totally ruins the point of an MMO and FusionFall lets me do it groupless.