What MMO have you had the most fun in?

Mcmuffin

Apr 15, 2011
i played Ragnarok online for like 4 years and loved it, recently picked up lord of the rings online though, thats funstuff too.

tekdeath

Jul 20, 2008
I think I will be the first to mention this, but Anarchy Online. It was shit when it first came, but they really fixed it up. A bit hardcore ("twinking" in WoW is a joke compared to Anarchy Online), but it has one of the best and, in my opinion, most mature player base out there. I tried Eve online which I really wanted to like, but it was just too much for me to seriously get into. Also tried WoW which didn't really keep my interest, same for Everquest. I love sci-fi and I love the community. Gameplay doesn't have to be perfect, but as long as I enjoy playing with the people in the game, I'm happy.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Eve, imo its the king of PVP mmos considering that everything is tied to it. Its hardcore and very dog eat dog but that will ensure that only mature hardcore gamers play it as all the kiddies / casuals get put off by the steep learning curve or get eaten alive by the players.

Like all hardcore games, the more you put into it the more you get out. Due to it been super capitalistic (a few stock traders PVE) for ppl who are smart the skies the limit.

Dispite it been very cruel and unforgiving, it actually has a really good comunity, if you get into a good corp everyone is really friendly and pulls together. (just like guilds in other games but more so with all the metagaming)

BottleOfAwesome

Jul 6, 2010
World of Warcraft just as BC came out but before WotLK came out.
I made a heap of in game friends during that time and just had fun playing and talking with them.
WotLK seemed to change everything with the cross-server dungeon finder so you didn't need to ask people in your own server. To me it just seemed as though the friendliness and interaction between players on each server had been lost with the new dungeon finder as you didn't need to make friends or ask random players, you just got grouped together with people from another server, got the job done, left, and then that was that.
It might just be me, but that was the reason I gave up WoW.

ZetaLegacies

Jun 26, 2011
Well, first let's see what MMOs I've played:
Runescape:
Only played it for a day because I was bored, I was 10 at the time so it wasn't easy to learn.

Sherwood Dungeon:
I played this MMO casually for a while, PVP anywhere was one of the best parts of the game, fun times taking complete control of the main castle in the game.

Windslayer:
First MMO I played seriously, really hard to level up and a very low player base but the community was friendly and my friends played it as well.

Maple Story:
The MMO that I am currently playing, I played for a bit before but the Big Bang update made me play again, it also caused some of my friends to play as well, not as much as Windslayer, but still good enough.

So I'd have to say Maple Story after the Big Bang update because of it's large and fun variety of different classes to try out.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
Ultima Online, for sure. Fucking loved that game. I still can't believe no one has really given a sandbox a shot since that game, except for early SWG and some low-budget shitty games like Mortal Online.

After that would be vanilla WoW and about halfway through Burning Crusade. That was mostly due to the people I played with, though. I actually think the game itself got better with each expansion, but the community seems so much worse these days.

Edit: I did really enjoy SWG, but I only played it for about three months. I was in the military and deployed right about the time it released and then when I came back it was so different that I never played again.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
DAoC
the pvp was just awesome. unfortunately at some point everyone has to start taking school seriously and that did cut my playing time by 90%

Mr.Incognitus

Dec 7, 2010
As a general rule I try to avoid MMO's so I don't really have much variety to choose from, but the one I've enjoyed the most has to be World of Tanks, even if the matchmaking is terrible

i2esol

Jul 1, 2009
Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies - PreCU, and Tabula Rasa all of which have either been butchered, shut down, or changed beyond what they originally started as

Cptntequila

Jun 24, 2011
Everquest consumed my life all four years of high school.

I started right after beta testing and spent every lunch with my best friend deciding where to grind and what loot we were going to keep an eye out for. The only thing that stopped me was not wanting my college roommate to find out that I was a closet nerd when I moved into the dorms, which I will admit did wonders for my social life.

...I remember when grinding was the only option to level and sitting for 5 minutes between fights to regain health and mana was normal.

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
guild wars probably has my longest time commitment... 1288 hours last time i checked

a little preposterous, but i suppose i wouldn't be playing that long without it being fun

apart from that there's about a one month playtime of runescape every year or two... it's creepily cyclical

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Guild wars...No question, when No.2 comes out, I'll be allllll over it. Cannot bleedin' wait. See some of y'all there :)

Curlythelock

Jan 6, 2010
WoW is the only mmo I have ever played. I'm not quite sure if I had fun but I certainly lost more hours in that game then I would care to admit.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Saltyk said:
I've only played WoW and FFXI, and I think they both have good and bad points.

But, I personally enjoyed parties in FFXI far more than WoW. Maybe it was the slower pace, or the fact that I started WoW in the time of random dungeon ques with random people from whatever server, but I always felt that the people were friendlier and the party dynamic was a little more fun and varied in FFXI.

Honestly, the reason I stopped playing was because I was hated not being able to solo quest unless I was a good 10 levels higher than the enemies in a area.
WoW vanilla was a totally diferent experience from comunity point view, and I always said this was the major diferencebetween original and expansions, community decayed in quality.
I had lots of fun on first 2 years, as it was last year was boring, and the comunnity was 90% made of genuine douchebags.

Tried a few others but didnt find any attractive. I am back to single player RPG's (after clearing dragon age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 am playing neverwinter Nights with both expansions and got the whole baldur gate collection to walk through afterwards).

Captcha Refore Hence

cybran

Jun 15, 2010
Iv tried ALOT of mmos.. and hands down to EVE.
when you get into it EVE is a great game, and I enjoy the advanced playstyle.

Its also the only real mmoRPG. Iv never delved into my character more than in EVE. Because only your characters actions define who youi are, and the possibilities are endless.
Its also one of the most relaxing mmos, when you just fly around in a spaceship, exploring with probes, mining, or just flying.

Second place is WoW, got a couple of 85s, yes I pay for both EVE and WoW, cause they can be played at the same time.

Third place is Guild wars me thinks, and fourth place is warhammer: age of reckoning.

- Fifth place is world of tanks if you count that aas an mmo xD

Sam Eskenazi

Dec 26, 2008
I played Runescape, which was a lot of fun - my first real online interactions with people and a very good game once you get into it. I hate how it's become though, and haven't played it fully in years.

I played WoW for a good year, leveling my Shaman was awesome and my Guild was great, RPing an Orc Regiment :)

But my favorite MMO to date has to be the one I'm playing right now: Pirates of the Burning Seas (PotBS) very few people seemt o have heard of it, but it's really good. It's set in 1720 in the Caribbean. Ship-to-ship combat at it's best, slightly unbalanced AvatarCombat but really good community. It's basically a failed MMO and the entire thing has been pressed into only two servers from it's original 9 or so, but it's still got enough people to regularly fill endgame content, which is Port Battles, wherein up to 24 players aside in opposing nations fight to sieze ports from one another for the purpose of a map win.

Yes, I did just advertise the game mercilessly, but hey! It deserves it! Look it up!