what scares you?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Mainly spiders. They have waaay too many legs and I'm telling you they're up to no good!

The ocean too, not so much the shallow side of the ocean, but the deep deep part. Also, I will freak out if I'm dragged in the ocean. A friend of mine did that and I flipped out every time something brushed against my leg, and felt like an idiot later when I found out it was seaweed.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Other people, especially small children, going near moving cars. I was having a driving lesson today and I has a shock when a 4 or 5 year old girl ran up to a crossing I was about to go pass, luckily it was just so she could press the button. It's probably because I had a nightmare when I was young about watching other people being run over by cars. Other than that... the more typical death, torture and loss of loved ones. Loss of moral integrity would be pretty crushing too as then about 2/3 of my life would be gone in one fell swoop.

deletethisone

Oct 31, 2011
- Heights
- Becoming senile
- Dying
- Coming across a certain person again
- Failing academically / in any profession

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
I dont find these scary but they are a little creepy when played together at the same time.

Give the first one about 10secs before starting the second.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Loss of control is what it boils down to for me I guess, but at the same time their would be no fun if you were in control all the time. Need loss of control that is its self controlled :D

That and becoming an academic.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Fucking Weeping Angels. When I am actually watching a episode with them in it they don't actually scare me but when I try to sleep the first thought that enters into my head is "Close your eyes and you die". So I spend the next 2 hours awake.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Spiders, centipedes, and cave crickets. Whoever said that spiders are one of the "good" bugs that kill flies and other bugs, is an asshole. I would take a closet with twenty fruit flies versus one with a brown recluse camping out in corner any day.

I heard about these terrible things called tarantula hawks which are giant wasps that have one of the most painful stings known to man, but it turns out that they literally kill tarantulas to lay eggs in the dead carcuss. I hate spiders so much that I seriously had to talk myself out of buying some and putting a nest close to my house.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
any insect that scuttles really low to the ground. not insects in general; things like grasshoppers and anything with longer legs is fine, but things with tiny legs, even lady bugs freak me out.
that and being buried alive.

buhee

Jul 6, 2010
Mouldy food and drink. Its going to jump down my throat and kill me/turn me into a mouldy zombie, I just know it :(

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
Palademon said:
So I really don't want to die old and alone in the dark with spiders everywhere.
Out of context I think thats my favourite sentence ever made ever.

OT: Spiders, Not understanding why something bad happened to me, Dieing before ive done the things I want to do, Spiders, A zombie apocalypse, Drowning, Suffocating.. But mostly Spiders.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Growing old alone, the company of people, the cognitive dissonance those two create, dying without feeling at all accomplished, working a soul-crushing job I hate in order to make ends meet...

More properly, though, as others have also taken this opportunity to poke fun at their existential terrors, the earlier Marble Hornet videos are scary shit. Lately, eh, but the first ones... God damn. BEN DROWNED is a good one, too. The fact that Majora's Mask is my favourite game in the whole world may or may not have intensified its effect on me.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
6unn3r said:
I dont find these scary but they are a little creepy when played together at the same time.

Give the first one about 10secs before starting the second.
Well im not sleeping tonight, Oh well.. Good find however, bloody creepy I must say.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Axyun said:
binnsyboy said:
Well, two things: 1) Growing old and being decrepit, bed ridden, fed from a tube etc.

My God, I don't know why but that picture just made me crack up. I'm still giggling as I type this.
Yes, well this particular incarnation with the bloody thumb print is particularly creepy.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
The Scary Thread [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.211546-The-scary-thread] - pretty much everything in there. I want to look through it, but don't dare to at the same time.

zomnomnom

Sep 29, 2011
Mascots, smurfs, balloons and basically everything outside of my house. But I live in Australia, so that's understandable.

Bacontastic

Aug 15, 2011
Being alone and forgotten, an inescapable situation, Rejection, Immortality. The last one is because I never want to watch those I love just wither away around me as I stay young.

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
Parasites, bacteria, insects, anything I can't see very well that looks alien and can kill me, hurt me, make me sick etc. Insects all look like miniature monsters to me, with the exception of ladybirds, bumble bees, and mantises - they all freak the hell out of me, I don't know why insects have to look so bloody hideous - and then when you add all those pincers and venoms, I freak out. I hate Spiders as well and while I know they're not insects (I get the "Spiders aren't insects argument" a lot.) I still kind of think of them the same way, why do they have to be so goddamn scary looking? If the hobo spiders that are invading my home looked a little nicer and didn't have necrotic bites, I wouldn't be throwing boulders around my house trying to squish them. In fact I do respect and have a fascination with spiders, as long as they're trapped in a glass and at least 2 rooms away. I actually love the fact that they keep the flies out of my house but I still pansy out when I see one.

When it comes to microscopic things, they also look terrifying (The Metroids scare the shit out of me solely for kinda looking like one. Oh and they're parasitic so egah.) and can often cause bad things to happen to you. I'm not a die-hard germophobe, but I do like being clean and I do get uneasy in really dirty rooms. Parasites are the be all, end all fear of mine though. The thought of something living in or on my body, slowly killing it without my knowledge is just downright horrifying. Anything that leeches or feeds on a living being is the scariest thing I can imagine, especially the ones you won't see without a microscope. The ones you can see freak me out less, but that's not saying much since I literally went psychotic when I saw a tick in my arm.

I'm also afraid of things that live in water. Ocean creatures look fucking weird and alien, and I have nightmares about being in the ocean and seeing these things. I also hate it in video games when they throw in something weird in the water, I always shit my pants even if it is just a clownfish.

I could write a whole book on some of the others, but I am sure this post is already TL;DR.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Axyun said:
binnsyboy said:
Well, two things: 1) Growing old and being decrepit, bed ridden, fed from a tube etc.

My God, I don't know why but that picture just made me crack up. I'm still giggling as I type this.
Probably because he looks like a dog from this commercial: