What series needs a revival?

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Rise of Nations. For when you want to play Civ but don't have the time.

Age of Empires + Mythology. I loved those series so much. Shame there was never a sequel to AoM and III ran AoE into the ground.

The whole Railroad, Zoo, and Rollercoaster Tycoon franchises. Give them a neat overhaul whilst retaining the core gameplay.

Conflict: Desert Storm, etc. Honestly I'm not sure about this one, because it worked perfectly on PS2, but not sure how it'd translate to newer systems. SOCOM would do just as well. Either way, a spiritual successor to these series except bigger and badder.

For all these games, none of the typical dumbing-down and oversimplification that have become so common with simulators and strategy.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
pilouuuu said:
I'd say many SEGA classics like Shinobi, Space Harrier, Golden Axe and Alien Syndrome. Outrun 2006 was pretty good. Also Lemmings! Those games were so fun!
SEGA actually said that they're gonna let the recently acquired Atlus to use any of their old franchises to revive them if they so choose. So we could get a Shinobi, Shenmue, or a Phantasy Star Universe from Atlus...

OT: Dammit, Sir Daniel Fortesque was taken, so I'll throw in my old cards of Ape Escape (not the Move game, we don't talk about that one...), Conker's Bad Fur Day, a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing like we were hinted at, and the most important one:
[HEADING=1]Megaman![/HEADING]

I want my Legends 3 dammit! >.<

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
The magic carpet series. Brilliant game design, unfortunately produced by Bullfrog, which is no more.

al4674

May 27, 2011
Crash Bandicoot
Fear Effect
Medievil
Oddworld
Dino Crisis
Prince of Persia
Legacy of Kain
Chrono Trigger/Cross or whatever series it is
Doom
Syphon Filter
Contra
Double Dragon
Nekketsu games
Ninja Gaiden
Metroidvania
Alone in the dark
Nightmare creatures

These are the games I can name off the top of my head. Some of these have been completely forgotten, others are debatable. Probably the prime ones that interest me the most are Fear Effect, Legacy of Kain, Syphon Filter and the Chrono series.

Aean

Jul 22, 2011
I just finished Darksiders 2. I have to say the series is fantastic, with Legend of Zeldaesque dungeons and Devil May Cry styled combat it was a ton of fun to play. Unfortunately, the chances that a third game is released is worryingly low despite the series being fantastic because the company died off.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Jet Moto and Splashdown for me. I'd love to see either or both brought back in full current gen glory. Or, really, anything even close to them.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I want to see more of the Chrono Trigger universe. I've had the opinion that it is such a good game that could keep going while being fresh without getting stale. I dunno why Square Enix hasn't thought to revive it yet.

the_great_cessation

Nov 29, 2011
Jet Force Gemini. I absolutely loved this game's world building and pulpy atmosphere. The main draw back of the title would be it's somewhat awkward controls and the fact that it's graphics haven't aged that well. I think because of this it's a title just begging to be rebooted. However, I would worry they would try and make it all dark and gritty which is not the original title's appeal. Honestly, if Microsoft announced a new Jet Force Gemini, I'd probably go out and get an Xbox One...

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
ron1n said:
Wave Race 64
I've been playing Kinect Sports Rivals: Preseason. The only sport they have available is Wake Racing, but it feels so much like a spiritual successor to Wave Race 64. I wish they would have made a whole game out of this instead of a sports package.

I know it not a series, but I would love to see another Jade Empire game.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Carmen Sandiego. World, Time, whatever, the series as a whole was a great educational tool, and was actually fun to play with as well. I see no reason why the series should be as dead as it is.

I'd love to see another entry in the Darkstalkers series as well, but it seems that CAPCOM doesn't really care about that franchise, other than putting Morrigan in their mash-up games.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
PANZER DRAGOON!

And Tenchu, Chronotrigger, LandStalker, Rogue Squadron, Elebits/Eledees, Chibi-Robo and Wind Waker Link on a Console, Pokemon Snap on Wii U, and in all seriousness - more Game & Watches.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
floppylobster said:
Wind Waker Link on a Console
Do you mean an HD remake of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? If so then I say do it Nintendo, and while you're at it, make Majora's Mask HD. XD

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Half-Life. Seriously, nobody else has said this yet?

Half-Life 2 was 9 years ago, Episode 2 was 6 years ago. It's about time we had something to further the series (and I think Valve should call it Half-Life: Origins or something just to annoy Half-Life 3 joke makers).

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
My vote is Syndicate. X-Com got a successful isometric reboot, so why can't Syndicate?

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I'm disappointed no one has said this yet.
Shadow Hearts. The combat system was so tense and it had a great sense of humor and still managed to be serious.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
an annoyed writer said:
Banjo Kazooie. That series hasn't seen much life since 2008, then it just... went dark. like the bear and bird got condemned after not selling enough to please the Microsoft execs.
I would add an addendum to that by saying everything Rare, including Rare itself.

Conker
Perfect Dark
Battletoads
Banjo
Jet Force Gemini
Even Viva Pinata

They had a lot of series to pick from and Microsoft's capacity to ruin them with half budgeted rush releases has been astounding. Rare is dead now, but handing off Perfect Dark to someone like say... Epic Games could be interesting, just so long as they remember to go back to the angular aesthetic of the N64 game that looked so cool.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Rise Of Nations, i loved how they mixed civ and AoE aspects.

And Empires Dawn Of The Modern World. It was what Empire Earth was supposed to be and i'm still saddened it, and the developing company, are dead :( (and i just miss being able to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C4beIcRRUY)

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Suikoden could use one, the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games and Champions of Norrath too, Jade Empire as well. But the one I want to see the most is the Advent series. Advent Rising was a pretty good 3rd person shooter, with a decent story. It was fun, I played it beginning to end and would really love to see the story completed.