What type of drunk are you?

PeterMerkin69

Dec 2, 2012
I'm mostly the same, just a little happier and it diminishes my ability to consciously inhibit myself. I want to do the same things I want to do when I'm sober, only I don't have the resolve to stop myself as much. I remember everything too. Fun combination.

If drinking didn't make me feel good I wouldn't do it. I don't really get why angry/moody drunks, well, drink. Maybe try some ecstasy instead.

soul_rune1984

Mar 7, 2008
I don't think I've ever been drunk at least not to point my attitude/behavior/judgment changes. I rarely drink booze, only at family gatherings. I'll have one or two drinks, get sleepy and stop drinking and go to bed.

Haukur Isleifsson

Jun 2, 2010
It really depends on who is around me. If I'm in the company of coworkers or other people that I feel it is important to cultivate a friendly but reserved relationship with I tend to be (overly) formal, generous and polite. I also try and compliment people a lot since many seem to assume that a compliment from a drunk person must be sincere. But in the presence of my friends I... well... am mostly the same. Guess I'm not a very intimate person.

I drink mostly wine, vodka or beer.

Kirtap

Apr 25, 2011
My vision gets blurred and i find it difficult to concentrate, quite frustrating actually. Being drunk is not a pleasant experience for me.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Not much change in me when I'm drinking, really. My jokes get a bit more corny and I get a bit more direct, but that's about it.

My wife swears she can't tell when I'm drunk. But I suspect that's because she has a low tolerance for booze and is usually on the Fast Track to Tipsy Town WAY before I am.

Drinks of choice are usually red wine, beer or whiskey (though rarely at the same sitting and never in the same glass! Except for that one time in Vegas. But perhaps I've said too much...)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
A tired, mellow drunk. Alcohol usually makes me tired. I do however socialize easier. My usual anxieties bother me less when I'm intoxicated.

My mood differs on how I'm feeling beforehand which is, most often, angry. I don't get drunk very often but when I do it's usually to numb certain feelings. Yes, that's a very bad thing to do but... No there's no but, it's just a bad thing to do. I think I've moved past that stage in my life though, but stuff can change.

As for what I usually drink, it honestly differs what we or my host have in store. Bailey's is one of my personal favourites but I like everything from a good Spanish red wine to a heady Belgian trappist beer to a gin & tonic.

Deimir

Jul 3, 2008
Generally I just get happier and more talkative as I get more and more sloshed.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I am the bravest, happiest man in the world when I get smashed. Basically become the person I wish I could be all the time. Well, until I cross the 8 - 10 drink threshold. Then I just become a flat out incoherent idiot.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Got drunk for the first time last week. I was really happy and talkative. I did many things.
Went photobombing in some Girls' photograph. (She handed me her drink to mind it, I drank it, put it down and photobombed)
I told another guy I'd marry him, it was a beautiful ceremony. Then I arm wrestled him
I then got in a dance battle against my friend who does pole fitness (pole dancing as exercise). I won comprehensively and told her to find a clothes pole to dance with, before shouting *****.
I thought I was absolutely brilliant.
All in all rather loud it would appear.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
For the first half of the night of drunkenness I am very, very hyper and happy and just act very crazy and ecstatic. Then as the night goes later into the night I slowly start to drop and become incredibly depressed, melancholic and nostalgic.

Fun.

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
Depends on what I plan to do, really. I usually just drink enough to make me feel positive, after which I'm the same as usual, only a bit giddier.

If, however, I plan on getting absolutely wasted... I become the same as before, only obnoxiously loud and annoying. I'll also be more likely to engage in stupid activities.

So yeah, I'm either a happy drunk, or a shitfaced idiot.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
I'm a pretty miserable drunk because I really dislike the feeling. I spend most of my time complaining about how much I dislike the feeling. Otherwise I am fairly happy though. I enjoy an occasional drink but have never purposefully gotten drunk.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I am the person I wish I could be normally, except a little louder. When I am drunk I use that as an excuse to pretend I am someone who's social rather than someone with social anxiety. If I say something I regret I can pretend it was just the alcohol so I am the same person I am sober, but I am a lot more fun because I talk more.

However I try to avoid that because I can take it too far at times.

Also I drink almost anything, but if I am looking to get drunk I have a small preference for vodka. If I just want to relax with something then either beer or red wine. Both are delicious.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Goofy as shit, as it wasn't too long ago it was a new sensation for me. I'll talk freely with people I know, will completely avoid people I don't know. I'm a bit of a paranoid drunk too, I guess.

Sometimes I just get real quiet, especially if I've got something to watch. If I'm ever drunk at a campground, expect me to do nothing more than make myself more drinks and stare at the fire. If other people get goofy, I will too though.

Finally, if I'm both high and drunk, I'll be unconscious within about 15 mins.

As for alcoholic preferences, I like whisky. Vodka goes well with anything, so that'll work too. Finally, if I'm looking to eat more than drink, a pint or two of Guinness or another such stout will work.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Ugh, depending how things are going I can be bipolar otherwise I'm very impulsive.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Philosopher drunk.

Yes one of those. I find a person in the same mindset and I steal him/her to "Go and have a cigarette". We end up being outside for 2 hours talking about whatever. Did this last friday. Sneaked out with a friend to have a cigarette, ended up staying for about an hour or two. Talked about everything; from drugs to physics. It was pretty nuts and I love that shit. That's what I do. At least I entertain the people who are in the same mindset!

Drink of choice? Any good beer really. Or any beer, really. When it comes to harder stuff, I like whiskey cola, jagermeister and salty liquorice vodka.

Stinovitch

Apr 23, 2013
It depends on what I drink. If just beer than I'm just more talkative, but if it's strong beer, wine or cocktails I'm loud and say stupid things, which I regret the day after. For example I once said that if my friends would find me a Darth Vader mask, I'd do a video of me doing the harlem shake with the mask. They still remember me of that each time we go out...

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Extremely talkative with maybe an 8% chance of doing or yelling something aggressively stupid. I've never blacked out to any degree, so I always remember those aggressively stupid things in vivid detail.