What was the first M game you played?

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Ooh, and I can't really remember my first 16+ game.

Roll back to when I was 8, 17 years ago, and you may find your answer.

Mortal Kombat.
Although, of course, it wasn't rated yet.
Even so.

Sisyphus0

Sep 10, 2008
Damn, there are some really young people here. First M game for me was the first M rated game, mortal kombat, the reason why the ESRB exists.

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
The first M-rated (or rather the equivalent) game that I played was Mortal Kombat 2 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. It was different enough from everything else available at the time (mostly in that it was relatively uninhibited compared to the average fare)that I went out and purchased it after the two-day rental period was up.
I certainly enjoyed that the approach was tongue-in-cheek dark humor, but I still would have prefered something more 'mature' or at the very least gave the player the option to play as something other than a hero of absolute moral fortitude (by some crazy standard) outside of a fighting game.
World conquest through one-on-one fights that aren't even duels with world leaders? Sheer madness!

RickAstleeee

Jul 2, 2009
GTA San Andreas at my friends house. I was so hyped up when he asked me if I wanted to play it and then after we played for about five minutes I basically figured out that the media overhypes almost everything.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Either Blake Stone or Wolfenstein, then again that was before the ESRB ratings, so I'm not exactly sure.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
Halo on the pc, it gave my computer some major lag but it was fun and it was what got me into gaming. And GTA something, I can't remember but it was on the pc

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Duke nukum 3D on the pc when I was a wee boy my uncle would let me play it on his comp when he wasn't busy, pissed my aunt off when he did lol. Not sure if it was rated then but I was at least 6 years old at the time as it released 1996.

Not that I was very good the pig men creeped me out and I sucked at aiming but damn it all if I didn't have fun on level one for hours at a time.

A lot of people just started at halo gamers are so young these days but as long as they aren't like the 10 year old I saw at gamestop who dared to mock Zelda in front of me no worries then :p Sure they have released more Zelda's than you can shake a stick at but someone so young has no place to mock it! Bet he never even played ocarina..

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
First Played: Halo 1.
First Owned: Resident Evil 4.
Longest Kept: Oblivion.
Most Loved: Fallout 3.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Either Syphon Filter or Galerians. Syphon Filter I thought (and still think for the PS1 trilogy) that it was all kinds of awesome.

Galerians.....made me kinda freaked, in the paranoid twitchy bad-gamer sense.