What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Want your opinion heard? Have questions for the staff? Now's your chance!

This week, staff will be dropping in and out of the thread to post responses to the question below and reply to yours. From there, feel free to keep the discussion going until next Wednesday when a new topic goes up. We may even respond over the weekend while we're playing Genre Wars [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/genrewars].

Consider this your chance to join us in some lively debating and hopefully good times. We can't wait to discuss.

This week's discussion topic: It was recently revealed that Grasshopper lead Suda 51 has logged over 700 hours of playtime with Burnout Paradise. What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to?

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
It's safe to say I've played at least 100 hours of Skate 2 so far. A few hours a day really creeps up on you.

I'll also get addicted to WoW for about a month at a time then not play it at all for two months.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
The original Saints Row, seeing as it was the first next-gen sandbox game I could play, and I was seriously enthralled with it's "variety."

Still hoping to get Saints Row 2 sometime soon.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
i have about 400 hours gametime on olivion i think. It may be more XD
And i have a couple of hundered on Mass Effect too. My Mass Effect time keeps increasing, i just cant stop playing it. It doesnt help that i spend about ten hours just doign the Citadel when you first arrive there XD

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I was for a bit, seriously addicted to the multiplayer on COD4, if that counts... Also I was addicted to Fallout 3 for a bit, just trying to do everything in the game (all Bobbleheads, explore everywhere etc...).

Apothecary Zaius

Feb 4, 2009
KoTOR, both games.

I would finish either in just 2 to 4 sittings, though the bright side is that they were games that had 'endings'. I have been lucky to have not been addicted to games that have '100% completion' or no ending at all [MMO's]

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
Truly addicted? Probably Runescape Shudder
I played that game sooo much, nearly 2 years of playing, didn't count the hours, but I did a few weeks worth of all-nighters, and thats without random hours here and there...
Thanks goodness I never really got into WoW
That could have ended badly

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
my friend has an unhealthy addiction to oblivion at the moment... every time we come in for him, he'll be sitting at his ps3 playing it. But personally, it was left4dead. I still would be addicted if i hadn't lost my old steam account.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
I had a Morrowind addiction a few years back. The resulting damage has scared me out of falling into the same trap again.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Saints Row 2, Red Faction: Guerrilla and I couldn't stop myself from playing online horde in Gears 2.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Probably Plants vs Zombies. I've spent god knows how many hours playing that game and completing all the mini-games. I know it's a casual game made by popcap but it's so damn addictive.

Sesshiro

Jul 2, 2009
Between all the Monster Hunter games I've played, I have around a thousand hours in the past couple months.