What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
With each release of a GTA game I promise myself to take it slow and not finish the game too soon. Each time I end up finishing the game the very next day that I began it.

Fallout 3 is great though just because I couldn't possibly finish it in two days.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Well, I was addicted to FF IX when I was young (about 8), logged about 200 hours on that. I was addicted to WoW about 6 months ago but just got bored with it.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Mount and Blade at the moment, Swadia's flag will Fly in every City and castle!

K3

Jul 2, 2009
I played 68 hours of Star Ocena - The Last Hope.

I donno how, or when, or where the time went. All I know is, I'm sure most of it went on cutscenes...

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oblivion addiction stuck the hardest though, claiming 2500+ hours of my life, and rising a few hundred hours again every time I play it.
I can understand why your user name is what it is now. That's about 104 days!

K3

Jul 2, 2009
jaammiie said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oblivion addiction stuck the hardest though, claiming 2500+ hours of my life, and rising a few hundred hours again every time I play it.
It's like my old WoW account...

/played was always a worrying moment for me.

DuncanRR

Nov 30, 2008
Cave Story. What? Art students are given Macbooks without Windows, I'm broke, and I'm paranoid about contracting a computer virus via piracy. I'm lucky that I was able to find ANY game to play, let alone a good/addictive one!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
jaammiie said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
When you play it as much as I did, you end up justifying the purchase of HORSE ARMOR, too. It means my new characters don't have to play through a majority of the Dark Brotherhood questline to get a horse that can't die, as <color=blue>Steel Horse Armor + White Horse = Epic Health, even though it can still die, if you are dead set on killing it.

BKtheKITTY

Jun 24, 2009
Advance Wars 2. I had my Micro in my pocket for months, just getting it out ANY time i had a spare few minutes. Got to the point where I was having nightly dreams about it, was awesome =3

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for the PSP. 800+ hours, played for 4 months straight (that was the only game on my PSP for 4 months)until I said "NO MORE!!" and gave it away along with the PSP.

mattiboi24

Mar 17, 2009
The one game that I got obsessed with that caused me to seriously consider if I was sane or not was the Space Exploration part of Spore. I spent hours colonizing planets, building my empire, making allies, travelling through wormholes, and doing it all again. Then I got to the center of the universe and decided that it would probably be a good idea to start blowing up all my allies homeworld. But I probably clocked over 50 h on that stage of Spore alone.

Also, Burnout Revenge. You can spend an hour on a single Crash event trying to get Gold. Damn you Mount Crashmore!

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Diablo 2 caused some serious problems, I played well over 400 hours in ome summer. I didn't really see sunlight during that time. After that, Neverwinter nights was pretty big. Dawn of war and crysis have also dragged me in and locked the door.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Bioshock, when a game makes a recurring feature of my dreams (and is the reason I was up so i couldn't dream) makes it addictive.

Also fable 2 did, so much so I saw a ripple in a bond and my first thought was hmm treasure

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Right now my addiction to Oblivion and Mass Effect are being surpassed by my addiction to Fallout 3 thanks to Point Lookout.

Xlacayo

Jun 27, 2009
After fixing my Nintendo 64 i found myself VERY addicted to Perfect Dark, i couldn't drop it at all!
Also I find myself very addicted to Counter Strike......