What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
Mass Effect. Fourth Playthrough on Insane mode level 59 Shock Trooper. Just love all the side quests and different ways to approach situations. Even after getting to 60 and finishing insane I will probably start a new character with a different class/background.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
I've logged nearly 150 hours and over 1,500 matches in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I played it at least once a day for almost two months straight when I first got it. Even now, I'll still pop it in the Wii and play with it for about an hour or so every once in a while. That game truly has infinite replay value.

TZer0

Jan 22, 2008
Company of Heroes (I shall crush you with my mighty tanks!), Red Faction: Guerilla and Team Fortress 2 (95% achievements without farming.. yeah).

Hitman 43

Jun 6, 2009
tendo82 said:
Want your opinion heard? Have questions for the staff? Now's your chance!

This week, staff will be dropping in and out of the thread to post responses to the question below and reply to yours. From there, feel free to keep the discussion going until next Wednesday when a new topic goes up. We may even respond over the weekend while we're playing Genre Wars [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/genrewars].

Consider this your chance to join us in some lively debating and hopefully good times. We can't wait to discuss.

This week's discussion topic: It was recently revealed that Grasshopper lead Suda 51 has logged over 700 hours of playtime with Burnout Paradise. What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to?
I suppose Resident Evil 4. Not exactly addicited, but closest thing to it.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Don't know if I'm addicted now, but I've played a lot of Shadow of The Colossus recently. Must...Kill...Them..All. But other than that, Left 4 Dead or Final Fantasy VII. Played many hours online and killed some zombies, and FFVII, between 4 days and a week, I played over 30 hours.

Ginnipe

May 25, 2009
Definatly Oblivion and Burnout Paradice. Sadly Paradice is starting to feel old, I never really like Big Surf Island.

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
World of Warcrack. I kicked it about 3 times before it stuck. Still unsure how I could have gone back knowing what was waiting ><

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Starcraft the original and broodwar. Couple summers ago it was ridiculous how much time I had spent on that game. Right now, I still play starcraft, not nearly as much. I play the orange box pretty frequently though.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
TF2, but I'm starting to get back into playing Star Wars Battlefront.

Why they took the Sniper's disguise in the demo of Battlefront and replaced it with the standard Recon Droid, I will never know.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
A I have been addicted to Morrowind and Oblivion, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Half Life 2 at different times. But my most enduring obsession has been Oblivion, not even Fallout 3 has been able to dethrone it, although Source games have come dangerously close.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
Oblivion and Fallout 3 ( seems to be a trend here, despite their flaws there's just so much to do for the insane completionist in all of us ), Sins of a Solar Empire, and probably my most puzzling, 280+ hours in FFX, complete with an undefeated mostly level-99 Blitzball team.

Easy steps to own at Blitzball:
1. Recruit Shaami in Luca.
2. Put her in center position and make her learn all her shots and tackles.
3. ???
4. Win. Every game. Mr. Famously-Awesome-Blitzball-Player Tidus can't touch Shaami.

[Edit: forgot to mention a few others. RuneScape, back in the days before I knew EQ, which I never got into somehow, and Red Alert/Dune 2000. I miss Westwood, EA needs to stop prostituting their franchises.]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I got a serious addiction to Saint's Row 2. And it only stopped a few weeks ago. I was also addicted to Fable 2 for a long time last year.

Oblivion addiction stuck the hardest though, claiming 2500+ hours of my life, and rising a few hundred hours again every time I play it.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I used to love Burnout Paradise, but it seems like less and less people are playing online. I couldn't race for hell, but I loved the co-op missions.

I'm starting to play Battlefield Bad Company again, but it's only to help a friend get to rank 25. I'm never going to get 10,002 kills.