What was the most recent Zero Puncuation when you first happen upon this site?

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Pat8u said:
rob_simple said:
Tony said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I didn't understand why he was dissing off my favorite (and still is) wii game.
I'm not sure if you're just kidding, but I imagine he was ripping on it because it isn't a very good game.

OT: Prince of Persia Retrospective.
in your opinion. its not an objectively unplayable bad game.

OT: U don't know but the oblivion review was the one that got my attention.
Actually, it is, objectively, a bad game. It's story mode is laughably repetitive and poorly put together; the character list (and way to unlock several characters) is artificially swollen, with re-skins passed off as original characters; and little to nothing has changed between it and Melee.

It's completely unoriginal and exists purely because it was guaranteed to sell like half price gold ingots.

All that being said, though, it is still a fun game, and that is in my opinion.

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
Can't remember the exact one, but I do know it was before COD 4. If I had to guess, I would either say Assassin's Creed or Guitar Hero III.

Dularn

Nov 7, 2006
Apparently I predate yahtzee oO

I guess the most 'recent' one then was the The Darkness Demo which appeared on youtube 7 months later.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I first discovered Yahtzee on youtube and then came to this site. Lurked for almost a year and made an account.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
I think it was Prince of Persia 2008. I'm certain that by the time 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand video was up, I had already been a lurker for a while. I created a profile for the forums at the time of Siren Blood Course.

Oh, and ZP was how I chanced upon The Escapist. Got here from TV Tropes.

EDIT: I think the link was from "Deadpan Snarker", which I'd linked to from "Primeval". I had just discovered the show back then.

Loaeon

Jun 22, 2012
My first ZP video I watched was Batman Arkhum Asylum review when a youtuber I was subscribed said to check him out joined a couple days after, but lost that account for some reason whatever I didn't care I had found ZP.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fallout 3, of course.

I had heard of Yahtzee plenty of times before, but I only came on and started posting because I liked how he talked about it.

DiZtAnT

Oct 20, 2010
For me, I believe it was the Psyconauts review.
I remember back when X-Play was worth watching, they showcased him and I was interested right away.

Been watching every week, religiously since.
Took me a long time to actually make an account though.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
The first ZP I ever saw was the Dragon Age: Origins one, but I didn't properly stalk stick around until the God of War 3 review.

captcha: queen's yacht
It's a message! I must save the queen!

SuperScrub

May 3, 2012
After Yahtzee had the balls to call Halo 3 mediocre I became addicted to him ever since seriously if I don't have my Yahtzee at least one a week I go insane. (No not really)

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
I always watched Zero Punctuation on Youtube and never thought about coming to The Escapist. I subscribed to The Escapist's Youtube channel and watched them there until I realised that channel was about a month behind in videos. When I came on I had a marathon and watched all of them in a random order. I remember finding the Fable video on Youtube when it was first uploaded because my friend and I were playing Fable together and we needed a walk-through to get past some part and we stumbled upon that.

Mauler

Jul 11, 2012
For me it was Alone in the dark.
I wanted to buy a birthday present for my dormmate, because he liked horror games...
Watched few youtube reviews and google searched for some more conclusive rewievs, so in Gamespot there were that alone in the dark thingy rated pretty high(maybe) and i accidentally pressed the Tab too many times and got to this rewiew and laughed my @$$ off... from that time i am loyal fan of ZP...

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Redlin5 said:
Funnily enough, I did watch him on Youtube first and ended up checking in weekly since he moved here. I was just dumb and didn't join the site back then. <.>
Same, the youtube ones (Fable, The Darkness) were the first ones I saw, I just didn't fully join the escapist until March Mayhem in 2011 and didn't start posting until July.
I'm yet another one who followed this line - came here from his YouTube ones but decided not to join and start posting (why I didn't I have no idea) for about another year, by which time he was onto his Soul Calibur IV review, I think.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
The first one I watched was Halo Wars, I think. It's still one of my favourites. Or maybe it was Little Big Planet. I don't remember.

The one released on my join date was Overlord 2. I lurked for a while.