What will the next Halo game be about?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
How about a story about the Covenant side of the conflict? Like seriously, we only saw the bare minimum of the Covenant perspective of the whole war in Halo 2, so imagine now a game centered solely around the Elites. It could be kind of like ODST with various different elites with various back stories brought together and each with different missions and flashback sequences. Thus we can see the story of the Elites and the Covenant as early as the very forming of the Covenant itself.
We could experience what it was like to be at war with the humans on the Elites perspective, the racial tensions between brutes and elites and the subsequent falling apart of the Covenant. Then the new alliance with the humans and the general tensions there too. Then maybe a bit about what became of the Sangheili culture after the war was won.

The point is, there is a whole world's worth of plot and themes and potential ideas for gameplay that the franchise has thus far barely touched, instead staying safe with a focus instead on the Spartans but the way I see it is that the humans have well and truly had their shot, it is the Elite's turn now.

I would propose we call it:
Halo: Sangheili Chronicles.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
It will be about space marines and some other snore-inducing monotonous, generic averageness.
Actually, if they ant to make it any good it should be a game where you put in your Halo 6 disk and BAM, you're playing Half-Life. Damn fine game making, that.

Count UberBlau

Sep 11, 2010
You play as the Halo Ring and you have to stop the Covenant approaching by firing. You only have 1 ammo to survive. Multiplayer invloves the best reaction time.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
I think they should make a ghosts of onyx game. beginning where the spartan III's are heading towards the portal to the center of onyx, then going from there. Have a new enemy or something inside this new planet/thing.

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
Oh Christ. Can we just let this Series Die already?

Bungie desperately wants to start something new. They have been doing this halo shit for close to 10 years now! Let them do something else, maybe something interesting!

YouCallMeNighthawk

Mar 8, 2010
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
YouCallMeNighthawk said:
I thought Reach was their last game in the Halo series.
Last game by Bungie, MS won't let their biggest earner go down easily.
OT: Perhaps something about the forerunners?
Oh right i'm not that upto date with my halo news :)

Yeah something about the forerunners would be awesome! And their struggle against the flood or something.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I'm holding out hope that there won't be another Halo. Mainly because Bungie should be the only one making them, but, we are dealing with Microsoft here and these are the guys who are treating and pricing a system add-on as a separate console.

Even if they did....there isn't really much they could do. A reboot would be the only real option when I think about it.

LycanBlade

Sep 19, 2010
See I think a kewl story for the next halo game would (of course) be a prequil story but before the whole covenant thing. A spartan origin story, basically what Ghosts of Onyx was. Give people who love halo, but are not willing to sit and read the books a taste of the actual back story, which if you have read Ghosts of Onyx is actually a really good back story and has way more plot then any of the actual halo games. Just first gen spartans learning to be spartans or something like that.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
No idea what will happen, but if the current media trends continue then we are looooong overdue for a reboot of Combat Evolved

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
YouCallMeNighthawk said:
I thought Reach was their last game in the Halo series.
Last game by Bungie, MS won't let their biggest earner go down easily.
OT: Perhaps something about the forerunners?
Nice avatar. Fuckin' great game!

Triangles24

May 6, 2011
I THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE A HALO GAME TELLIN THE STORY OF THE ELITES from wen they first joined the covenent

Triangles24

May 6, 2011
yea there considering either testing the new engine on a reboot of combat evolved or just jump to halo 4 personally i think they should go with the reboot to see how they get on