What would be a great setting for Assassin's Creed 3

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Oh, and another one I forgot to mention - the western Mediterranean during the second Punic war.
Dangerous times, several massive open cities to climb all over, and Archimedes could be your Q, building you hidden blades and needles and pogo sticks and whatnot. Might be a bit too antiquated for an AC game though.

Thing is, despite all our wild imaginings, AC3 is likely going to have a present-day setting - I really don't see how they could find another excuse for Desmond to lie around play a glorified video game while everyone else is running around shooting each other.

Jonieye

Sep 13, 2008
I agree, the present would be worth seeing. Having Desmond carving around New York or somewhere with cops on his tail to take out some strange corporation.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
It will probably be WWII, or another major war.

However, as many have alreayd speculated, the next game may have you spending much more time as Desmond in the current day, as ASCII makes it quite clear that some serious shit is about to go down, and that you are needed to stop it ASAP.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I would love to be climbing the buildings during the Roman times. They would be some amazing sights. It would also keep with the familiarity of the game but there would be plenty new things you could add on. It would be cool if you also play as part in a famous assassination using historical figures eg: Caesar.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
French Revolution. I mean, there was literally blood running down the streets of Paris then, I'm sure UbiMont could get away with throwing in some assassinations there.

You could also assassinate Robespierre... with a guillotine!

"Would you kind place your head here?"

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Aqualung said:
French Revolution. I mean, there was literally blood running down the streets of Paris then, I'm sure UbiMont could get away with throwing in some assassinations there.

"Porquoi? Et qui vous est?"

Don't forget, the way this series is going and Ubisoft's nationality the entire motherfucking game would be in French.

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Isn't AC supposed to be a trilogy? If so, they'd probably have it set near 2012 with Desmond as the assassin this time around.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Krythe said:
Aqualung said:

"Porquoi? Et qui vous est?"

Don't forget, the way this series is going and Ubisoft's nationality the entire motherfucking game would be in French.
That's fine. I'm Canadian; the rest of English Canada would once again roll their eyes at the French Canadians, but we'd still be able to play!

And doesn't that just wrap it up nicely? Hoh hoh!

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Krythe said:
The Hundred Years War, War of the Roses, or French revolution would be my ideal locations in that order.

And anyone who says "liek ZOMG watashi no wantz it in JAPAN so w3 can hav NINJAZ!!1!11! baka lol" must die horrifically. Rurouni Kenshin was 13 years ago. Move on.
But he was a Samurai, not a Ninja...

I'm fairly certain it will be in modern times, they only put him back in to train him, finding out why the Templars where interested in Italy was merely a bonus.

quantum mechanic

Jul 8, 2009
Feudal Japan would be cool. My only requirement from this game would be that you would have to assassinate a Noh or Kabuki actor during a play by dressing up as a stagehand (all in black), coming on stage at the appropriate time to move a prop, and then killing him and legging it (this is where the "ninja are invisible (despite wearing black)" thing came from: the audience is supposed to pretend that anyone dressed in plain black is invisible (because they're not part of the play), so assassinations in plays would often happen by having someone dressed as a stagehand (invisible) coming over and killing the character.)

Or the future, just to mess up the "reliving memories" thing.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Something that'll bridge the gap between Renaissance and Now. So...Victorian England possibly?

Or Desmond might be the assassin anyway.

Pyre00

Mar 17, 2009
The 19th century American West, of course...
Not that I'd buy it then, either.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
American Revolution maybe? French and Indian war maybe? Something in that time period would be awesome!

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
Antique Greece could be neat, or Mongolia during the rise of Genghis Khan... Feudal Japan, as Quantum said, would also be sweet.

Anything present, or near present would seem a bit, off, sort of thing.

And, if they do a WW2 setting, I shall find a pub near their office, get absolutely smashed.
And get sick on their doorstep!!
(A rebel to the core, me:)

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
WWI. Really anything more modern, keep the series going. Bolshevik Revolution would also be real fun....