What would be your weapon in a zombie apocalypse?

Tri Force95

Apr 20, 2009
Aunel said:
chainsaw... I have mine ready in the shed.
and next to it my axe

and if that fails, a big speaker and some Heavy Metal!
When all else fails, melt their face with metal!

retro himself

Nov 14, 2007
Sevre90210 said:
Ka-fucking-Tana. You fools need ammo, I however will do with coffee.
Trust me, you don't want a katana. Sure it looks cool in Dead Rising, but it's ineffective as flinging your own feces at them. Mostly because it's hard as hell to learn how to properly wield a katana, let alone use one effectively, and even then it's not very useful when you have a shitload of zombies around you and you have to get up close to them. You can get cornered or surrounded VERY easily, and you'd have to decapitate them to effectively stop them, which is very hard, since katanas are mostly used to slice through a torso.
Sorry for nagging so much, but I remember a forum on which a zombie survival thread was SO HUGE that people actually had "professional" plans and books and shit, and whenever somebody mentioned a katana the others were blinded with rage typing "NO THAT WONT WORK", that it somehow got stuck with me.
Me, a shotgun. I think effective, and it's fucking iconic, just like your katana.

Nocola

Aug 10, 2009
P90. I'M in love with the P90, in my mind it is the perfect weapon and I absolutely am in love with it. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Dauntlessidiot

Crazed Obsessive Musician
Oct 26, 2008
cheiftan tank with a flamethrower on top

http://www.biggerhammer.net/mgshoot/kcrfall2k/flamethrower_upward.jpg
http://www.militarypay.com/US%20Military/MilitaryTankImages/image005.jpg

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
A gun made out of epic proportions of win?

Let's be reasonable, my Hell-Kitten! >:D

spike0918

Apr 16, 2009
Eric_Autopsy said:
My weapon would be the search bar in the forums.
I'm surprised it took 4 pages for someone to say this. I can't count how many zombie survival related threads have been made. It's a very unoriginal topic.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Well, it all depends on context and location. For the bit where I am trying to find survivors while simultaneously making my way to an easily defended location that's stocked with tons of useful supplies (Wal-Mart or Sunny's Surplus), I'd use the ever faithful machete and shotgun. Machetes have a good amount of power for use in everything from choppin' zombies to opening new avanues of escape or advancement, and they are light enough to easily wield in one hand. Shotguns have tremendous stopping power as well as damage, which is what is preferable in the situation, since I am only trying to defend myself at close range. I'd wear chain mail (which I do know how to make) under a thick, long coat (most likely a trench coat, since I have one) to defend against potential bites.

However, once at my new fortress (Wal-Mart or Sunny's Surplus), I'd switch to a long range rifle that I could easily use from the roof top for things such as head shots or shooting zombies that look like celebrities when I am bored. Of course, I wouldn't forget to barricade any doors and windows to keep those pesky flesh-eaters out. I'd rig up an easily used ladder or lift system to haul up any knew survivors, and anyone who gets bitten gets an instant bullet in their brain, even if it is me. I am careful, and I fully expect (and anticipate!) the zombie apocalypse to happen soon.

Soren91

Jul 27, 2009
A shotgun of course, along with 2 pistols with extra magazines on hand, a crowbar, and a fire axe if I can carry it along with everything else.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
0p3rati0n said:

these are my favorites for battling in close quarters of the rotting undead scum bags :p
it fires a pistol round there for smg...

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
My thumb, and my pointer finger.

So I can pinch myself awake from this stupid dream and get back to exciting things, like not doing my homework.

w00tage99

May 12, 2009
hm... id just wait at the top of a flight of stairs then hit the zombies with a baseball bat when they get to the and watch them fall down the stairs

WildManBill

Sep 26, 2009
I would have to grab my shotgun. Here in the states, shotgun ammo is everywhere.
Also, the zombie threads reanimated (sorry) because it is getting close to Holloween.