What would you do if Jesus turned out to be real and came back?

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
I would walk up to him, look up with hope in my eyes and ask him:
"So, do you do any magic tricks or what?"

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
IronStorm9 said:
I'd buy the man a taco. Who doesn't want tacos after spending 2000+ years dead? I know I would.
I'd take him fishing out on a pier and have a Popsicle with him while talking about things.

It'd be something fun and nice to do

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I'd start plotting to kill him. I mean seriously have you read the bible? no way I'd trust that guy or his dad.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I'd be like "Uh, hi. That whole sacrifice thing, what exactly did that accomplish? I mean you came back to life anyways so hardly a sacrifice... Ah well, want a drink?"

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
I keep my options open. One of the perks of being Agnostic. No matter which one is right I can still say I wasn't wrong.

BishopofAges said:
*Walks outside, sees Jesus, waves. Walks back inside*

Personally I think people who buddy-buddy up to idols and mentors are similar to the suck-ups in school. If you really were a good student and did the things ought to be doing, you shouldn't really see much of the teacher, unless of course if they were the type that chatted at length with you about videogames... Thank God for Philosophy class.
I was like that in school though we talked about other stuff rather than video games. I rarely saw them outside of class unless they ambushed me in the hall to talk. We had one history teacher that was notorious for that. Most people would try to get out of the class fast because the last one always got stuck talking. I didn't care because "Conroy ambushed me" had become a legitimate excuse for being late to the next class.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Laugh and go around collecting those fivers all my buddies owe me for totally calling it.

Then donate it to the poor or some such before following Jesus around like some dork in a mid-life-crisis follows Bon Jovi.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'd get him an interview on FOX, preferably O Reilly, just to watch him get told how 'unchristian' his ideas about peace, love, and protecting the poor and weak are :D

I give him 30 seconds before he's called a communist.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
How do people still miss the R&P forum? Anyway, I'd mostly question the hell out of him. Such as, if accepting him as messiah is essential to my salvation, why didn't he bother doing any of the things the Tanakh says the messiah is supposed to do?

Caramel Frappe said:
You know.. Jesus was real. You don't have to believe that he was the son of God, but there is proof that he existed as a real person.
Not really. And no, Romans talking about Christian beliefs decades after he supposedly existed do not count.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I'd be like:

Holy shit: Zombies.

but we will defend ourselves with crowns of thorns

synobal said:
I'd start plotting to kill him. I mean seriously have you read the bible? no way I'd trust that guy or his dad.
The real question is, HAVE YOU? I know i've read enough to know you are incorrect. And by "read enough" i mean I go to this website where someone tells me what to believe, so I walk around and repeat it loudly to everyone I see and tell everyone they're A GOIN' TA HEELLLL.

now walk with christ.
or else

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Arina Love said:
my thoughts : "oh great his mass murdering psychotic maniac father is around too i guess, oh well he can at least make me some wine"
but anyway it's not happening. coz magic and magical old man don't exist.
Hello Bigot. I couldn't help but notice some irony in your post concerning a religious figure. If anything I could have sworn you sound exactly like every other murderous, rabid, religious zealot who instantly jumps to the claim that something or someone does not exist.

Secondly Jesus was proven to exist as a historical figure, but I digress, the question was IF. Bear with me now, IF the Christian Interpretation of Jesus came back, what would you do?

But then again I'm probably just as in the wrong as you for feeding a troll who so callously clings to such hateful slander of another persons belief.
Even when leaving well enough alone I feel sorry for those religious persons who are tolerant of others and do what they can to respect everyone as equals because they have such horrible media attention and some sick twisted representatives for their religion.
That goes for any belief.

Honestly, you saying that is just as bad as me saying that "Allah has a bomb in his Turban". It's disrespectful and childish to mock others soley on their religion.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
SenseOfTumour said:
I'd get him an interview on FOX, preferably O Reilly, just to watch him get told how 'unchristian' his ideas about peace, love, and protecting the poor and weak are :D

I give him 30 seconds before he's called a communist.
Knowing FOX I'd say about 20 seconds

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
Honestly? I don't think I, nor most of the world would believe Jesus is really back if he came down from heaven waved his arms and started blowing away towns, our imaginations are to prone to seeing things that aren't real because people have gotten to damn good at illusions. Most likely he would be shot down as a terrorist and before you say oh no he couldn't get shot down he's Jesus! If he was taken out with a spear there's no reason a bullet or missile couldn't.
I mean seriously imagine someone comes down from the sky and says 'I'm Jesus' first thought would be Bffft ya right, that floating trick was pretty cool though I'm sure it has something to do with wires or something. or if someone was standing on water and told you he was jesus, your probably just standing on a log out there or something...
Or if someone waved his hand over a glass of water and it turned into what appeared to be red wine, Probably just sleight of hand with a thing of kool aid.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
lockeslylcrit said:
Jacco said:
if Jesus turned out to be real
Poor choice of words, bro. You should know by now that confirming or denying (even indirectly or accidentally through bad wording) can open up a whole can of worms on an internet forum as big as the Escapist from both sides of the whole religious argument.
It's like walking into an XBOX Fan-Boy convention and shouting "HALO SUCKS". Nothing good can come from this.....at all.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Jessta said:
Honestly? I don't think I, nor most of the world would believe Jesus is really back if he came down from heaven waved his arms and started blowing away towns, our imaginations are to prone to seeing things that aren't real because people have gotten to damn good at illusions. Most likely he would be shot down as a terrorist and before you say oh no he couldn't get shot down he's Jesus! If he was taken out with a spear there's no reason a bullet or missile couldn't.
I mean seriously imagine someone comes down from the sky and says 'I'm Jesus' first thought would be Bffft ya right, that floating trick was pretty cool though I'm sure it has something to do with wires or something. or if someone was standing on water and told you he was jesus, your probably just standing on a log out there or something...
Or if someone waved his hand over a glass of water and it turned into what appeared to be red wine, Probably just sleight of hand with a thing of kool aid.
....Not going to lie. That's a pretty good observation. It'd be just like the old days with the Pharisees and the Romans. SKEPTICISM ALL UP IN THIS *****!!

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
synobal said:
Not to be rude, but that's.... one of the most fecking stupid ideas I've ever heard, unless it was in jest.

I mean, really. What do you hope to do. He's JESUS. If you accept the facts behind the reasons you want to kill him...

Blearrccchhhggg.

Then again, you could be kidding. So I'll state this: Work on your tone.

And now to add some positivity...

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Madara XIII said:
Arina Love said:
my thoughts : "oh great his mass murdering psychotic maniac father is around too i guess, oh well he can at least make me some wine"
Hello Bigot. I couldn't help but notice some irony in your post concerning a religious figure. If anything I could have sworn you sound exactly like every other murderous, rabid, religious zealot who instantly jumps to the claim that something or someone does not exist.

Secondly Jesus was proven to exist as a historical figure, but I digress, the question was IF. Bear with me now, IF the Christian Interpretation of Jesus came back, what would you do?

But then again I'm probably just as in the wrong as you for feeding a troll who so callously clings to such hateful slander of another persons belief.
Even when leaving well enough alone I feel sorry for those religious persons who are tolerant of others and do what they can to respect everyone as equals because they have such horrible media attention and some sick twisted representatives for their religion.

Honestly, you saying that is just as bad as me saying that "Allah has a bomb in his Turban". It's disrespectful and childish to mock others soley on their religion.
notice i didn't mock anyone on their religion. i just describe god as I SEE HIM. if they want to believe fine i don't have problem with that. it was MY reaction, it's MY point of view in i WILL NOT be bullied in to thinking otherwise.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
He turns water into damn good wine, and started overturning tables and running people off when they were trading in a part of a temple. Sounds like my kind of guy.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Arina Love said:
Madara XIII said:
Arina Love said:

notice i didn't mock anyone on their religion. i just describe god as I SEE HIM. if they want to believe fine i don't have problem with that. it was MY reaction, it's MY point of view in i WILL NOT be bullied in to thinking otherwise.
Point taken. I apologize for jumping the gun with such a comment. I will leave well enough alone after probably making an ass out of myself. I apologize once again for reacting in such a harsh manner.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah, i think if he came back we'd find out his abilities were a WEEE bit exaggerated: