What would you do if Jesus turned out to be real and came back?

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I don't know maybe have a glass a wine with him? Ask him about Heaven and all that Jazz and what the true message of god is.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
I would get him to be my roommate. then any time a Jehovahs witness came to the door and said "have you found Jesus?" I could say "JESUS IT'S FOR YOU!"

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
chaosyoshimage said:
Rebel against his father, since, I guess it would turn out that troll is real. Wait, does that make me a fallen angel in Lucifer's army?
Heh, I'd be the first to join your rebellion, God is easily the most evil and sadistic creature in all of Fiction. Also, no, wanting to destroy God doesn't make you a Fallen Angel, it just makes you a sensible human being. (Anyone else reading this post, yes, God is fictional, he doesn't exist and deep down every last person on the planet knows it, you just don't want to admit it).
Wait, you have "frieza" in your name and you're calling God "the most evil and sadistic crature in all of Fiction", you should know better. Also, my Cell avatar plus your Frieza screenname is going to make people think our rebellion against God is made entirely of Dragon Ball villains. Then they'll sick Gok-er Jesus on us...

In all seriousness though, deep down every last person on Earth doesn't secretly doubt there's a god. I bet a bunch of them do (That's how I came to my Atheism, never really believed in the first place) and are counting on Pascal's Wager, but the most hardcore of them don't. And I'm not just talking about extremists...

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
AntiChrist said:
I'd ask him which religion he represents. If he answers: "Christianity," I'll ask wether he refers to Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, or Protestantism.
He was actually Jewish. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
Take him to the Vatican and other extreme religious establishments. Wait for the wrath of God to start raining down. I don't want to imagine what I'd do if Jesus didn't do anything to these places. Hammer Down [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hammer+down] perhaps?

Pyroguekenesis

Jan 20, 2010
Well, if he did come back I would be like. =_= "Oh well, looks like the Christians were right."

And man, we just did a 700+ word essay on the Eucharist thing...so it... actually I would sum it up with this 'ere.

Jul 9, 2008
HT_Black said:
snipped for space
I admit that went over my head for a second, but then I laughed. Well played.
Arina Love said:
snipped for space
Madara XIII said:
snipped for space
Well done to you guys too. Not often that you see an argument because of religion that ends so amicably.

Anyway, not sure what I'd do, to be honest. I'm Jewish, so I know he and I would probably be cool (him being an ordained Rabbi and all), but I really don't know how I'd handle it. I mean, I'm culturally Jewish, but in terms of belief, I'm atheist, so I'd have to deal with my whole world view being shaken, for one thing.

Jul 9, 2008
Epicspoon said:
AntiChrist said:
I'd ask him which religion he represents. If he answers: "Christianity," I'll ask wether he refers to Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, or Protestantism.
Not just Jewish, but an ordained Rabbi.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Cakes said:
immortalfrieza said:
(Anyone else reading this post, yes, God is fictional, he doesn't exist and deep down every last person on the planet knows it, you just don't want to admit it).
That is a belief more ridiculous than any religious doctrine I have ever heard.
immortalfrieza said:
That's impossible, NOTHING could be more ridiculous than religious doctrine. Seriously though, it's so painfully obvious that God doesn't exist that the fact that ANYONE believes in him or any other gods for that matter shows just how incredibly desperate for false hope the fear of death has made mankind.
Cakes said:
Many religions don't deal with the afterlife, genius.
No, but the vast majority of them do, and the other reason that people believe in religion is to give meaning to their lives, which is something that many people don't have the ability to give to themselves through their accomplishments, the people who will never invent anything useful for example.

Cakes said:
And are you seriously suggesting that every theist 'deep down' doesn't believe in a god? Including martyrs?
Oh, they all deep down do realize that God doesn't exist, but without their denial to give them false hope and meaning in their lives most of them would end up in rubber rooms, ESPECIALLY martyrs, who would rather die than lose what's keeping their minds together. Denial is a powerful and very harmful thing, it makes people not see what is right in front them by definition, usually for the sake of retaining our sanity, because of a lack of mental fortitude to withstand the reality. This is why religion endures even in our age, though not why it was originally created, that has to do with manipulation, money, power, etc. Basically everything that mattered back when most religions were created, and still does matter.

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Epicspoon said:
AntiChrist said:
ah. I see. Well it's not like I care. I don't have a religion. (that's not to say I don't believe in god) Regardless most people I know would say he's Jewish. Of course I don't feel like arguing or looking into it so lets just say you're right.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
HT_Black said:
snipped for space
I admit that went over my head for a second, but then I laughed. Well played.
*Takes a bow*

immortalfrieza said:
Oh, they all deep down do realize that God doesn't exist, but without their denial to give them false hope and meaning in their lives most of them would end up in rubber rooms, ESPECIALLY martyrs, who would rather die than lose what's keeping their minds together. Denial is a powerful and very harmful thing, it makes people not see what is right in front them by definition, usually for the sake of retaining our sanity, because of a lack of mental fortitude to withstand the reality. This is why religion endures even in our age, though not why it was originally created, that has to do with manipulation, money, power, etc. Basically everything that mattered back when most religions were created, and still does matter.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Well I know Jesus existed, there is evidence to prove it, remains of bones and other DNA evidence. Okay, it's not such 100% proof that it was some guy called Jesus, but everything else fits (age of death, place of death etc) Whether or not he was some dude who could walk on water and feed 4000 people with a few fish and some bread... debatable. If it turns out that's true, hm. Not much will change in my life, he'll be one person in nearly 7 billion, there's very little chance that he will affect my life directly. I'd probably stop watching TV and reading newspaper, cause guess what all the stories will be about? Yea...
Further reflection on the subject does raise some issues. Obviously religious extremists would be a bit of a problem, I'll just make sure to stay out of their way.

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
First of all, there would be a legal apocalypse.

No, not an actual battle. Corporate lawyers would be parachute dropped in on his location to deliver their 'cease and desist' orders.

I mean c'mon. Everybody knows that the Second Coming will TOTALLY ruin the quarterly sales.

And *then* where would we be?

... oh yeah, it does sound like Heaven, doesn't it?

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
chaosyoshimage said:
immortalfrieza said:
chaosyoshimage said:
Rebel against his father, since, I guess it would turn out that troll is real. Wait, does that make me a fallen angel in Lucifer's army?
Heh, I'd be the first to join your rebellion, God is easily the most evil and sadistic creature in all of Fiction. Also, no, wanting to destroy God doesn't make you a Fallen Angel, it just makes you a sensible human being. (Anyone else reading this post, yes, God is fictional, he doesn't exist and deep down every last person on the planet knows it, you just don't want to admit it).
Wait, you have "frieza" in your name and you're calling God "the most evil and sadistic crature in all of Fiction", you should know better. Also, my Cell avatar plus your Frieza screenname is going to make people think our rebellion against God is made entirely of Dragon Ball villains. Then they'll sick Gok-er Jesus on us...

In all seriousness though, deep down every last person on Earth doesn't secretly doubt there's a god. I bet a bunch of them do (That's how I came to my Atheism, never really believed in the first place) and are counting on Pascal's Wager, but the most hardcore of them don't. And I'm not just talking about extremists...
Yes, God is worse than Frieza, if he did exist all of the suffering in the entire world is either directly or indirectly caused by him. I can easily imagine God saying "let there be light!" creating the universe and then saying "Well, maybe now there will be something good on T.V., I'm so tired of the nothingness channel". Then he'd sit down and spend eternity laughing, crying, or whatever at our suffering, and like we do when we watch T.V. not do a thing about it.

Oh, and everyone doesn't secretly doubt God exists, they KNOW, but for various reasons won't admit it to themselves, denial and lack thereof that's what makes the difference between relgious and Atheist.

Jul 9, 2008
Epicspoon said:
Epicspoon said:
AntiChrist said:
ah. I see. Well it's not like I care. I don't have a religion. (that's not to say I don't believe in god) Regardless most people I know would say he's Jewish. Of course I don't feel like arguing or looking into it so lets just say you're right.
I didn't mean that to come across like I was arguing with you, I'm sorry. It's just an interesting factoid, though now that I think about it, I learned that in Hebrew School. The Rabbi who told me is a really nice guy who generally doesn't let faith come too far before reason, but take it with a grain of salt nonetheless.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Watch certain subsects of Christianity that claim they are not, in fact, subsects wonder when the rapture is coming as tho it were the gospel truth, even tho gospels never included it, and therefore, it is not in fact, gospel truth.

Stuff like that.

PS:

Dear Captcha. Use letters. Meet me half way here.

Jul 9, 2008
immortalfrieza said:
chaosyoshimage said:
immortalfrieza said:
chaosyoshimage said:

Yes, God is worse than Frieza, if he did exist all of the suffering in the entire world is either directly or indirectly caused by him. I can easily imagine God saying "let there be light!" creating the universe and then saying "Well, maybe now there will be something good on T.V., I'm so tired of the nothingness channel". Then he'd sit down and spend eternity laughing, crying, or whatever at our suffering, and like we do when we watch T.V. not do a thing about it.

Oh, and everyone doesn't secretly doubt God exists, they KNOW, but for various reasons won't admit it to themselves, denial and lack thereof that's what makes the difference between relgious and Atheist.
And how do you know what everyone on earth thinks? How in the world can anyone be so fucking arrogant? Note, this is coming from an atheist

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
gamezombieghgh said:
There would be fucking chaos.
One of the things that would separate Jesus from a Cult leader is that Jesus allegedly performed miracles. Now if he did that today, where we, the generation of information, technology, cell phone cameras, computers, video cameras, would shit bricks. Want to see something more objective when it comes to proof of Christianity? Simply type 'Jesus performing miracles' into youtube and enjoy what people claim to have seen 2000 years ago in a book which defies logic and has little proof, and see for yourself.
But what of those who are of other religions? Maybe the Jews would latch onto this one and say that their Savior has finally arrived, though not all would do this, and nobody can speak for all the Jews. Maybe the Pope, the top agent of God in the eyes of Catholics, would accept this, maybe he would reject it, and Catholics would follow him in this. Muslims, Hindus, and other religions would be in a very strange time; seeing the apparent miracle works of the son of God for Christianity, a religion vastly different and contradicting to their own in many respects, many would convert, many would reject, and shit would get real. People wouldn't want to accept it, and some of these people would be very rich and able to arrange an assassin to kill Jesus.
Exactly. Though, that might be contained within Abrahamic religions, as believers and unbelievers fought it out.