What would you do with a key that opens everything?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Theft, corporate espionage, political assassination... the target list is long.

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
I live in a town where no one locks anything and I know how to lock pick and have lockpicks because I keep losing keys... That would be useless to me... I'd sell it on Ebay and get myself a GOOD super power!
it really depends on the scope of its power, like if it could somehow allow me to get past security guards, cameras, dogs, lasers, electronic locking system, the whole shizzam then it would be pretty snazzy, otherwise its just a magical set of lock picks. if it could do all of the above I would break into the local store on a daily basis and steal a red bull every day.

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
steal a bunch of money, then some nukes, and start my own Secret Super villain Headquarters.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
ryo02 said:
Dwarfman said:
Frag off all the other keys hanging on my pocket knife and replace 'em with this one. I'll never worry about being locked out of anthing ever again.
the key unlocks everything nothing was said about locking things back up you might still need all those keys for that.

Id unlock ... all the government secret stuff.
That's...a very interesting point you make!

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Not gonna lie, I'd find some rich selfish bastard and loot his house. Maybe repeat it a few times. Then I'd keep the key just for day to day use, there are tons of times where I wish I could open a door to get somewhere I need to be.

SirDoom

Sep 8, 2009
Open anything, eh?

Finally, a sure-fire way to get rid of those pesky bra hooks!

Seriously though, um... it would be nice to have one key for everything. If I didn't have to waste so much time fumbling with keys and keycards, life would be so much easier. (Plus, if it's the only key I have, I'll never misplace it! It'd be easy to just keep it on my person, unlike my bulky keyring now)

Other than using it to replace all my currently used keys, I'd open a locksmithing business and make a fortune. Have an unbreakable lock that you need open? I'm the only one that can do it. You just can't watch as I'm... er, "picking" the lock.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Steal things. Maybe donate some of those things to other people, but probably just keep most of it to myself, since I would only be stealing stuff that I wanted in the first place.

Wolvaroo

Jan 1, 2008
As someone who has been trained in lockpicking, I can already gain access to most places unlawfully. You'd be surprised how many people think all locks are the same and just pick up whatever from the local dollar store or hardware store...

So essentially, nothing. I suppose it would reduce the weight of my key chain though.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I would probably just use it to get into peoples home and screw with them. If they aren't home I'd just rearrange stuff and plant a hidden camera to see their reactions when they get home.

If they are there I'd just act cool, see what's going on, get myself a drink or make a sandwich or something, just see how long I can go before they ask me to leave. Seeing as how many stoners live in my apartment complex they might just assume they know me and can't remember from where, so I'd be able to hang out and mooch for a few hours and maybe make a few friends.

That and steal things, obviously.