What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
shrimpcel said:
A farmer, like 90% of the people here.
Judging by the size of most farms in TES games, farming will be a side job at best.

OT: I've changed my mind...

I want to be a Lumberjack!
Sorry, could not resist.

OT: Mage vigilante. Batman could suck it, I would have magic.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Probably an alchemist or a steward for a jarl. I'm no noble, but I know my shit, I could definitely advise well. Alchemy because I like mixing things together to find out what happens.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
aXFireXHeartXa said:
Say The Elder Scrolls was a reality and you lived on Tamriel at any given time period, what do you think you would do for a living? Blacksmith? Mage? Pirate? In Morrowind and Skyrim Dwemer ruins were always my favorite places to explore, so I think I would be a Dwemer Scholar, going into old ruins and studying them and writing a book or two about my discoveries.
Well there are two perspectives I could from for this question.

From what I liked to do: I'd be an explorer. There was nothing as fun for me as finding a new location and seeing the amazing sights the game had to offer. Besides, the sheer amount of dosh you can find in Skyrim is more than enough to support oneself til Ragnarok (or the Skyrim equivalent) comes.

From what I did the most: I'd be a blacksmith. Seriously, Smithing is always the first skill I max.

Though I'd personally prefer the former. What's the point of having the best gear if you don't go anywhere?

Aside:

Baron von Blitztank said:
I'd probably be a city guard in Skyrim. My knee's been acting up a bit...
I refer you to the video

It's triple because of the heinousness of the meme you just necro'd. Now we're never going to be rid of it.....

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Tavener

You know "No I won't accept that half chewed Orc ear in payment for this fine..."

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
A mage, no doubt about it. Probably taking a minor in Blacksmithing too, because I love making things. If I wasn't from Markarth, I would move their post-haste and make myself freakishly useful to overcome the native's distrust of outsiders. Seriously, when I first saw Markarth I thought "so THIS is why I'm not that fond of most of the other cities. Markarth stole all the cool stuff!". Also, I love old dwarven technology so there's that on top of everything else. Get myself a nice home if possible, maybe a cozy little shrine to Hermaeus Mora and/or Magnus etc.

Mr_Terrific

Oct 29, 2011
General Fixer...

I wonder around un-stucking crabs and train dragons to not fly backward. I'd convince giants to reduce the weight of their clubs so their victims won't achieve heights ranging from low orbit to lolwtf? I'd remove the poison from all the streams that are affecting the fish which the bears are eating that allows them to somehow be stronger than dragons. I'd have a nice chat with that random druagr in the middle of a dungeon, that's roughly 376% stronger than the named bosses at the end, about moving up in the world and how he should have his on dungeon. I'd also fix the Alchemy Industry so that enchantments last longer than 3 or 4 swings. I'd cut holes in every pot or basket in the world so shop keepers won't continue to be robbed blind by those clever thieves.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I'd be a zoologist, specializing in mudcrabs. Most of my day I'd stand around and tell people about mudcrabs I've seen. I'd also have a side gig as one of those buskers who stand perfectly still.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
i would be a traveling smith, selling weapons that the hapless buyer would not know where merely a steel skin over copper rubbish until they were surrounded by Draugr.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Ehh probably some kind of mercenary/thief for hire, people in Tamriel seem to be pretty dense when it comes to taking their stuff out of their house in a giant bag with "SWAG" written on the side and murdering them is as easy as swinging a big hammer once.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Probably a bard or some kind of folklore scholar. I wouldn't be super into magic (as the equates to science in our world) nor much religion or combat. I'd just like to travel Tamriel telling tales wherever I venture.

proctorninja2

a single man with a sword
Jun 5, 2010
I'd join the dark brotherhood and become the most infamous assassin, none would be safe from my bow

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
soren7550 said:
Do you want to be bald Mr. Sound? I think not, no sir, not when you have such nice hair! Without that head of hair, you'd be NOTHING.
Baldness is a great phobia of mine. I am dreading the day it begins.
Rethink your career then young sir, and you will become a success like him [http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Severio_Pelagia]!

Yes, not only will you have a full head of hair, you'll achieve tan-ness! Tan-ness and a real, steady job, one that I'm sure you'll go far in!

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I am going to go with Warrior Smith. I would be a warrior whenever things were too slow at the smithy. Good way to augment my income and get a little danger in my life. I think I'd use a mace.

Phuctifyno

Jul 6, 2010
This is one of my characters:

An Argonian who searches the seafloor and shipwrecks for lost treasures to sell. Also, kills pirates.