What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
Probably some weird amalgamation of Dwemer scholar, mechanist/tinkerer, and adventurer. Dwemer tech always fascinated me, so you can bet I'd probably be that dead Khajiit in heavy armor you find in the depths of some Dwemer ruin, surrounded by little flavor-text notes and an angry Sphere Centurion or two.

Captcha: "be careful"
I was trying Captcha, I really was...

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Seeing how I'm majoring in Economics with a minor in Business Admin. (I'm thinking about switching to a minor in Stats), I'd say merchant/business man/work for the empirial reserve/stock brocker/pollster.
Thinking about it, I think I'm fine with that. Sure, I'll probably get robbed (and/or killed) by some of the more psychotic players, but at least in my playthrough I'm safe.
I'll be the Adam Smith, John Keynes, or Nate Silver of Tamrial, or found the Tamrial stock market!

EDIT:
Esotera said:
Politician. The people of Skyrim have no democratic representation whatsoever, and it's implicated that the whole of Tamriel has suffered some massive disaster that has reduced its population and technological level to a feudal society. It was really easy to stir up rebellion between kings, it shouldn't be that hard to stir up a revolution based on a famine or two.
The poll results are in. You're ahead with people who saw a mud crab the other day, but the demographic you're really behind in is with people who have sustained injuries to the knee.

DrParadox

Mar 19, 2010
WoW Killer said:
Alchemist. It's the easiest job in the world. You don't even need to have your own equipment or ingredients. Just start with a bit of cash. Buy all the cheap reagents from your local dealer, mix them up right there in front of her - using her own crafting table - then sell her back the results. If you accidentally put something poisonous in a healing potion, that's cool, she'll buy it anyway. Five minutes work every day, then head off to the pub for some well deserved rest.
...huh. Assuming that the "Instantaneous" part of alchemy is just a matter of the way the game system has to work to keep it fun, that'd probably be a reasonable amount of work. effectively making you a freelance apprentice - after all, SHE doesn't want to waste time and effort on the crappy healing potions and resist frosts, she'd rather either be doing book-keeping, tending the store, or working on the more interesting alchemical problems.

That's an interesting proposition as a job.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
A wandering messenger/mercenary. Taking messages all over Tamriel and maybe killing a bandit leader on the way.

1eyedjack

Nov 26, 2012
Probably a priest. Sure would be nice to have real gods that gave real blessings just for having a few fancy statues around.

anian

Sep 10, 2008
In general, life in Skyrim is dangerous as hell, nowhere is safe. Whiterun is the best - home of the Companions, moderate climate, good view over the countryside so you can see the danger coming and plenty of single women.

My first thought was a cook, but then I remember that if you're a good cook (known in all of Skyrim) you get stabbed or robbed rather often by people trying to go undercover into parties. Being a baker would be nice though.

Blacksmithing might be nice, but in the end you lose your hearing and your body is under constant physical stress.

Lumberjack? What I did notice is a lot of lumber mills that are without any people working in them, that's kind of scary. Plus you most probably go to the woods and there are vampires and bears in there.

Priesthood offers some peace, but again safety is kind of the issue and there's all that need for praying etc.

Librarian also sounds nice, but people get greedy around books in Skyrim, plus how many of them are magical or cursed? One day you dust of and old book and the next you're a blind troll. No, thank you.

So maybe an apothecary. Not an alchemist mind you, those are the guys who's bodies you find in a deep cavern because they were trying to pick some mushrooms. I'd get my stuff brought in (there's always some stupid adventurer that needs money).

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I don't know, no matter what I can see myself slipping off the rails into Daedra worship. In a world where I can't deny the existence of such deities, I'd be at their mercy. If I could I'd like to apprentice as an alchemist and enchanter, then devote my time to studying until I either find a way of infusing my potions with enchantments or die trying. If I succeed, I'd open an apothecary somewhere in Cyrodiil, probably Bruma or Chorrol.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I can't sing or play any instrument but this is fantasy we're talking about so a Bard would be cool =) That or a sell-sword - or both... =D

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
a jarl!
i would have a mansion ,city guards and money (and i would have my baker bake sweet roles for me. they look delicious.). and even if im lucky i can kill the high king and have the moot choose me as the high king. then i would rebel and conquer cyrodiil and morowind. the empire has no chance when i also have the dragonborn under control. and then i would have my empire! and all of you peasants will be under my rule!i am essential so no one even the dragon born cant kill me (because the fantasy world is in a console so you dont have access to mods and game console.)

yeah jarls are the best. as long as a douche bag don't come around conquering the city and imprisoning me.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
soren7550 said:
Do you want to be bald Mr. Sound? I think not, no sir, not when you have such nice hair! Without that head of hair, you'd be NOTHING.
Baldness is a great phobia of mine. I am dreading the day it begins.

Rendahli

Sep 15, 2011
Currently studying geology at uni. So I'd probably become a wandering geologist mapping out all of the ore bodies in Skyrim. Then selling my maps to the adventurers and blacksmiths I encounter on my travels. Then with the money I earn I'll set up my own mine and live like a king for the rest of time, because all the ore bodies will keep replenishing themselves every week or so.

That is if I don't get killed by a mudcrab or something first...

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
Just promise us you won't sing Ragnar the Red and instead your own creative songs because I can't stand listening to just 3 songs in any lodge or my manors >.<
If I have listen to Ragnar the Red one more time I'm going to cut my own head off!

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010
Longship captain, because if you know enough about sailing to not steer directly into the coastline you're allready up on the rest of the shipwrecked bastards.

TheTJackson

Aug 29, 2011
I reckon I'd be a courier/messenger of some sort. I like the idea of travelling around the world.