What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
first of all i would start as some kind of shop assistant, learning the tricks of the trade while seeing if i cant get some magic and/or alchemy lessons. then i may set up a small business selling and brewing potions or go to the Mages College/guild (depending on the province) and learn a few things.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Bandit. I know they usually end up dead by dragonborn, but all I have to do is walk the straight-and-narrow when I hear there's a legendary hero around, and I should be just fine.

Volkerfrau

May 15, 2011
Probably something of a scholarly nature. A not-at-all small reason for me to pursue an academic career RL is that it's primarily an indoor activity, and being pale and indoorsey, I don't really think I'd be fit to go out and maul daedra cultists or something like that.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
Probably a hunter, or a thief. Lockpicking and stealth are some of my favorite things...in Skyrim (cough)...no pickpocketing though, too much tension.

felbot

May 11, 2011
if i got to choose then id probably be a paladin, would be sweet.

in truth id probably end up as a smith apprentice.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I would be the guy who invents the railway system, because we need a technological leap at some point.
The sooner I can see Kahjit train heists in Tamriel the better.

Alternatively, I would be the kingpin for all illegal drug usage and Argonian trafficking.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Probably a hunter in Morthal or somewhere like that. I think I'd probably fall foul of a necromancer sooner or later, though.

Wandering Skald

Nov 1, 2012
Battlemage, I'd just travel the whole world. Seeing new places, meeting new people, and using my skills to help people wherever I go.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Lil_Rimmy said:
M'aiq the Liar.

I win.
I'm afraid I already beat you to it, and someone else already declared win as a result.
Captcha: Broken heart

BlackKraken

Apr 4, 2009
It'd be my job to refill all the identical chests in all the dungeons around Tamriel.

Don't be surprised if you stop getting two handed weapons or heavy armour as loot.

I'm not a f***ing mule :p

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Imperial guard

Not only are you allowed to kill people over minor thievery your also given super speed, endless arrows and the ability to psychically detect crime.

Christ there are super heroes more underpowered.

Seriously though I'd probably an imperial ranger, free area to roam, quaint shack to live in. Good for me.

(As you can tell I'm basing my opinions off of Oblivion more than skyrim)

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
I want to be a Lumberjack!
would you like some buttered scones then?

as I am a wuss I would probably be a mage of restoration or a shopkeeper

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Probably something like a custodian for the mages guild or something. Wouldin't be so bad, all the random magic thrown everywhere would make it interesting.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Judging by the current trend, something involving enchanted iron daggers seems to be an up and coming career opportunity. I suppose I shall build giant monuments out of enchanted iron daggers since over saturation of the market will drive their price through the floor and I can buy tonnes of the things for next to nothing.

Then the novelty of sculptures and monuments built out of enchanted iron daggers will make them a collectors item and incredibly valuable. Then I shall sell my surplus stock off at super high prices and buy a mansion and tell stories of how I got rich to people much older than me who are desperately poor.

For the fun times.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I'd be the local Mai'q the Liar, since he knows all and can't die apparently.
Either that or Jeweler, since that makes a ton of cash and the stuff is seriously just lying around in lockboxes.

Tentaquil

Oct 21, 2011
shrimpcel said:
A farmer, like 90% of the people here. That's how life works people, even in Tamriel.
See this guy is right. You all imagine yourself to be the heroes or the characters with action and adventure in your lives.
But you wouldn't.
You would be the cogs, the ones that make everything work. Just draw the parallels to real-life. Many of you probably wouldn't risk your life being a soldier, or someone who works in a highly-dangerous fields.
But everyone needs farmers.

They're the real heroes

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
Tentaquil said:
shrimpcel said:
A farmer, like 90% of the people here. That's how life works people, even in Tamriel.
See this guy is right. You all imagine yourself to be the heroes or the characters with action and adventure in your lives.
But you wouldn't.
You would be the cogs, the ones that make everything work. Just draw the parallels to real-life. Many of you probably wouldn't risk your life being a soldier, or someone who works in a highly-dangerous fields.
But everyone needs farmers.

They're the real heroes
By the Nine, someone finally sees the light! Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant, but my statement was a bit short, I admit.