What would Your Last Words Be?

Mikav

Jul 28, 2008
Mr. Steeve said:
the monopoly guy said:
well what would YOU do for a klondike bar?
hey a garg! can I pet it?
prepare for unforseen consequences
yea about that cat? (+10 if you get it...well not really but if you rememeber it)
I regret nothing, except never punching a whale
From Barney in Half Life 2 right before the teleport. Always cracks me up XD.

"I dunno, press the button and we'll find out."
"What land mine? I don't see a la*boom*"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MARS DOSEN'T HAVE ANY OXYGEN?"
lol wasn't barney, it was what's-her face. I started playing that game last night.

GT69

Nov 20, 2007
Because im uncreative :)

À tout le monde, À tous mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
asmodaus said:
et tu brute... (if you got that you get all the cookies in the world)

p.s.woot 1st post
I don't think recognizing the most famous last words in history deserve all the cookies in the world.

But if you're providing those are Caesar's last words in Shakespeare's The Tragedy of Julius Caesar. It means "You too, Brutus?" or literally "And you, Brutus?" Said because Caesar couldn't believe his closest friend would be part of a conspiracy to assassinate him.

Now, the cookies . . .

EDIT: Not really last words, but I was playing Team Fortress 2 earlier and a soldier said; "If God wanted you to live he wouldn't have created ME!"

I just thought that was funny.

Exosus

Jun 24, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
asmodaus said:
et tu brute... (if you got that you get all the cookies in the world)

p.s.woot 1st post
I don't think recognizing the most famous last words in history deserve all the cookies in the world.

But if you're providing those are Caesar's last words in Shakespeare's The Tragedy of Julius Caesar. It means "You too, Brutus?" or literally "And you, Brutus?" Said because Caesar couldn't believe his closest friend would be part of a conspiracy to assassinate him.

Now, the cookies . . .
His was referring to a Halo 3 thing made by Microsoft called "Et tu Brute?" about the making of the brutes, obviously the name was taken from Julius Caesar.

"Well, let's face it: I kinda had it coming."

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
"Hey kids, wanna see a dead body?"

"Safe? where's the adventure in safe?"

"well that's never happened before"

"aww sh-"

"I'm going to the toilet... I may be some time"

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Exosus said:
His was referring to a Halo 3 thing made by Microsoft called "Et tu Brute?" about the making of the brutes, obviously the name was taken from Julius Caesar.
How do you know that?

Also, "Et tu, Brute?" was a video documentary made by Bungie during the production of Halo 3 describing how the Brutes have evolved as enemies. I believe it was the first and started general trend of Bungie naming the ViDocs they release in Latin (although technically this one wasn't as it was pronounced "et too broot" instead of "et too brootay," a pun worthy of Shakespeare if he wrote novels).

Where ever he got his words from I still deserve the cookies.

Exosus

Jun 24, 2008
I don't know it, per say, but it seems more likely. He did say "brute" not "brutus," after all.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Exosus said:
I don't know it, per say, but it seems more likely. He did say "brute" not "brutus," after all.
But it's proper to say "Brute" in that sentence, that's what Caesar said in the play. I'm not perfectly sure on this rule but I think when a name is used in the second person the -us becomes an -e. (If only my stupid redneck school offered Latin!)

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
My favorite Bert Gummer Quotation not really last words but they should be mine

" What higher power could condone such irony?" I may have used this before