What would your Super Power Be?

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
The ability to create and travel to alternate universes, appering anywhere I want.

I'd spend all my time makeing the Halo Universe...

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
My power would have to to be able to write/draw basic images in midair. (Like using paint [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_(software)] but with your hands) I don't think I could really do anything with it but it would be fun, so much fun.

Datalord said:
Well, this all really comes down to how well you can use your power, nothing bugs me as much as retarded super hero's who have no idea the things they could actually accomplish with their powers just be using them on a more subtle scale. Like the ability to control energy could be used to form matter, or destroy it.
The true strength lies in knowing how to use your power, not having one you think pwns.
Each and every power you can think of probably have 4 combat applications, 3 espionage applications, and 2 applications to everyday life, at the very least.
I want to hear my powers millitary applications.

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
For a proper power that isn't just to ruin the fun I would have the power to make other people see three seconds into the future.

It would torture them because everything would happen twice and annoying sounds would overlap themselves.

Mnemophage

Mar 13, 2008
I wish I could lay down some curses. Nasty Biblical-style malevolence like festering boils and all your children dying. There are people out there in dire need of karmic backlash, and I'd love to enact some poetic justice.

If God wants to give me a very special christmas present, he can grant me selective immortality. Precisely zero percent chance of death occurring for however long I feel like I want it to work. I hear if you act now, they throw in agelessness as a bonus, and you don't have to pay for the first two thousand years. Pleeeease? I'll love you forever! Literally!

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Actually, the ability to force reason and rationality into other people's brains would be a cool super-power. That, or I need a Point-of-View Gun.
And summoning cookies would be cool too.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
Being able to breathe under water! It's been my dream ever since I was a kid :3 I even wanted to live underwater when I was younger so I always wished I'd have gills... Who wouldn't want to live underwater since you'd never have to worry about the weather? You should just look out that no one eats you before you eat them.

Aust1n720

Dec 10, 2008
Leodiensian said:
Aust1n720 said:
Immortality, that would be insane, jumping off skyscrapers.
I think you're confusing 'immortality' with 'indestructibility' or even 'rapid tissue regeneration'.

An immortal falling off a skyscraper still goes splat. They just go splat, don't peice themselves back together again and DON'T DIE; just live in horrific agony. Maybe they can heal from it, but over a period of, oh, years?

And, BrightRaven, shut the hell up and actually learn something about Wolverine. He's not immortal. He's got ridiculous tissue regeneration, but he can die.

My power'd be telekinesis.
Thanks for that, I'll choose indestructibility then.

jakjak

Dec 11, 2008
BG heres my power my ego manic frined from done the street seriously i hate your super grant my everywhim power its cheap any my power would be the ability to influence everybody to do my whim and yea i would just tell you to obey me and grant my every wish

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I'd like to be able to manipulate oxygen molecules. There could be some fun things done with that power, like saturating the air to make everything more flammable, or cutting off somebody's breath, Darth Vader style.

As far as unoriginal powers go, I guess invisibility or speed might be nice.

knottingam

Dec 10, 2008
I take the loophole path, like you. I choose the ability to instantaneously transform in to anyone or anything, real or imaginary, at will.

If I had to be limited to one, though, I think I'd take power over gravity. Think of the possibilities!

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
Invisibility sure is popular.
I'd never pick it myself as it's just waiting to backfire in your face.
It's just a matter of time before you get hit by a bus you didn't see coming.

far_wanderer

Oct 17, 2008
Luck - the only superpower you'll ever need:
Want money? Gamble
Want a country? Find a convenient brand new volcanic island
Under attack? I'm sorry, you appear to have missed me - for the 78th time in a row
Luck also happens to be backfire-proof.

About the only thing it doesn't do is help out other people, but in all honesty if I had a power that could do that I'd feel morally obligated to spend every waking moment making the world a better place, which would suck for me and probably backfire horribly.

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
Silver Patriot said:
My power would have to to be able to write/draw basic images in midair. (Like using paint [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_(software)] but with your hands) I don't think I could really do anything with it but it would be fun, so much fun.

Datalord said:
Well, this all really comes down to how well you can use your power, nothing bugs me as much as retarded super hero's who have no idea the things they could actually accomplish with their powers just be using them on a more subtle scale. Like the ability to control energy could be used to form matter, or destroy it.
The true strength lies in knowing how to use your power, not having one you think pwns.
Each and every power you can think of probably have 4 combat applications, 3 espionage applications, and 2 applications to everyday life, at the very least.
I want to hear my powers millitary applications.
Hmmmmmmmmm.....
DISTRACTION

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
Oh yeah, not to bag on invisibility, but to be invisible youd either have to be blind (transparency) or be an illusionist

miner0

Nov 19, 2008
id like to have x-ray vision and invisibility for perv reasons hahahahahaha... just kidding, but half meant.. but i think these powers are some of the essential super hero powers.. hahaha

v3cks

Aug 6, 2008
I think it would be really cool to have a super-jumping power. I'd be able to jump my way to school real fast. Plus, with that kind of ability, you'd need a really high endurance by default, or else landing one of those jumps would prove... problematic. Also, your legs would obviously be a whole lot stronger than a normal human's, and trained in a martial art or two, a single kick would be excruciatingly painful, if not deadly. So bam! There's locomotion, endurance, and a form of super strength compressed into one!