What's a 'deal-breaker' for you when it comes to a possible relationship?

Sep 14, 2009
well beyond very basic stuff (not a crazy ***** who is self absorbed and ignorant, has AIDS, etc...)

i would say these are roughly some:

-has to eventually want a couple kids (i'm very excited to be a father some day)

-can't smoke, i hate the smell and i am not kissing herbs/ash tray

-no lip/tongue piercings, i find them disgusting to look at and i don't want to be kissing a metal mouth

-has to be okay with my hobbies (computers/video games and such, you'd be surprised how often this is a major turn off for the opposite gender that i've met)

-she has to be able to take my jokes and possibly fire one back at me, i know i can have a rude sense of humor some times, and sometimes it's really spastic/random, so if it isn't clicking, then nope, i love laughing and being humorly stubborn too much.

-this might sound bad, but i've dated too many independent chicks who were selfish fucks, and i'm really tired of dating girls who aren't considerate and lie all the time. so yeah, i'm looking to lean more towards clingy rather than independent girls from now on.

could be a tough list to follow..but hey, it's dating, i'm allowed to be picky.

scorptatious said:
Luna said:
dat ass is of utmost importance.
Seconded.
Thirded.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
A real deal breaker for relationships for me would be . A girl who is

Thin ( this is number one , thin girls don't attract me at all , i like my women fat)
Selfish
Likes pets ( i hate animals )
Conservative in bed . ( If you don't like givin and receiving oral , then stay away , if you don't like at least trying new things , i'll likely get bored .)
Too family oriented ( i'm dating you , not your family)

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Smoking - this is a vile, disgusting habit and an instant no-no. I don't care if she's perfect otherwise.
Excessive drinking - a little social alcohol is okay, but my dad was a drunk, so I do not tolerate it in others.
Being a motormouth with nothing to say - I've known dozens of people like this, can't stand it.
Deceit - little white lies help to keep things civil. You ever lie about something important, it's all over.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
The type of woman who would sell, throw away or replace your stuff the moment your back is turned.
My mum has been threatening to redecorate my room and it's really got to me....so that's been on my mind recently. I like my furniture, my walls do not need repainted and most importantly RESPECT MY SPACE. This is why it's called MY ROOM.

Also: hatred of animals, overly PC, moody and can never admit she's wrong.
My mother, in otherwords. Except for the animals part. As soon as she hit menopause she bought a rabbit and then later a cat.
Guess who looks after them most of the time. But I'm not really complaining.
I really need to move out....

More stuff: Tolerant of gaming (obviously), not religious, blah blah...

I'd just like a respectful, chilled-out, cool person. :(
Sad that there's like 3 girls I know have been into me, two were obviously shy and crap at being subtle. But it's nice when they're reserved. One was in the year above me, the other i'm sure I won't like (religious, is learning Irish for A level, probably wouldn't like my opinions), the other was from another school doing Irish at mine.
Those are the only ones I was positive on. No, I have never had a girlfriend.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
If all the reasons I'm reading here truly are "deal-breakers" then we have some very picky/shallow people on these forums.

OT: If they're generally not a nice person.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Luna said:
It would also be nice if she had a hobby besides shopping and facebook, which are not really hobbies. Basically I'd like her to be relatively interesting.
They most assuredly ARE hobbies!

hob·by/ˈhäbē/
Noun:
An activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
A migratory Old World falcon (genus Falco) with long narrow wings, catching dragonflies and birds on the wing.

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Dealbreakers:

Religious
Republican/Libertarian/Conservative
Bigoted
Anti-Feminist
Sex-Negative
Cat Owner (I'm allergic)
Smoker
Addict
Low Self-Esteem
Anti-Intellectual
Apolitical
Dishonest and/or Dishonorable
Bad Communicator
Passive Aggressive
Has no interests or passions
Mean, Cynical, Negative
Violent

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Bertylicious said:
bojackx said:
Bertylicious said:
Jesus God, loads of you are well up tight: no smoking, no drinking, no smiling, no having fun...
Most people said no "heavy drinking" and everyone I meet doesn't smoke to "have fun", it's just supposedly relaxing.

OT: The usual things: lying, cheating, smokers eww...

More specifically umm... Most body hair?
It's not just the anti-smoking but the insistance on everything BEING NEAT AND TIDY AND IN ITS PROPER PLACE and also not being neurotic, which seems like an impossible demand to be honest.

Also what is wrong with body hair? Is it because it is untidy?

Think how much fun you could have playing with a nice pair of hairy jubblies! Plus when you did oral it'd be extra tasty AND you could floss your teeth at the same time!

oh and be okay with my HEAVY drinking.

To ask, what qualifies as heavy drinking? Are we talking town drunk drinking/making a fool of yourself drinking here? fair enough in this case, but I've been told I'm a heavy drinker, I only ever have drinks on the weekend. And with that I do drink a lot but I rarely become paralytically wasted and become an idiot.
Err... Gross, very gross.

Honestly, I can't see the connection between disliking smokers and being super neat and tidy. And I guess heavy drinking just means frequent drinking, so they'll be getting drunk every single time they go out.

DevilWithaHalo

Mar 22, 2011
Sweet, all you open minded people can get together and have a convention where you fill each others head full of marvelously delightful ideas. I here there's a homeopathy seminar in your area; you're open minded aren't you? After all, you only have a list of qualifications someone needs to be to consider them worth a date. I'm sure one of them is they can't be a hypocrite. /rollseyes

...I'm not saying don't have references, I'm saying don't ask for something you're unable or unwilling to give in return. This "open minded" nonsense is rather ironic don't you think?

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I've never had any relationships before, but I know for a fact that I don't ever want to date a younger girl...I've had nothing but bad experiences with them.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
I'd have to say commitment. My relationships tend to begin in the late hours of the evening and are over by day break.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Ignorance is fine, but mix that with an inability to listen and change would be a deal breaker.

Judging someone based on sexual presences or fantasies is too as I'm not exactly a Catholic from the 1900s.

She doesn't have to like my friends, but she needs to know I need other human contact besides just her every now and then.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Regnes said:
I won't date a female with below average intelligence, I don't like having half of what I say go completely over their heads.

Religion is also another big issue. I don't care if she has her beliefs or if she even considers herself to be a Christian or whatever, but if it's going to play a serious role in our relationship, then it's a no-go. I'll date a casually religious person, but not a devout one.
Exxxxacccctlyyyy! Though I am still in the very beginning of the great female hunt, Finding an intelligent atheist that's hot near where I live is pretty hard. I'll give it a year or two of dissapointments, 'till I lower my standards, and finally find someone proper <.<

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I could not possibly date or be in a relationship with someone who despise video games.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
If she

- smokes
- is one of the type of people that go out and get hammered every chance they get
- has a history of drugs
- is slutty
- hates video games (she doesn't have to love them)
- has no sense of humour
- lies
- has a history of cheating on someone, even once

if she does/is any of these it's an instant no.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
What an interesting thread! I'm aromantic (don't feel romantic attraction) and I'm learning a lot here! People have conditions that must be fulfilled before they become attached to someone? Strange! I really don't understand that, I don't have a list of checks that all my friends must pass for me to hang out with them, wonder why romance is different.

Oh, I'm not accusing you of been shallow or anything, I just genuinally don't understand it.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
bojackx said:
Bertylicious said:
bojackx said:
Bertylicious said:
Jesus God, loads of you are well up tight: no smoking, no drinking, no smiling, no having fun...
Most people said no "heavy drinking" and everyone I meet doesn't smoke to "have fun", it's just supposedly relaxing.

OT: The usual things: lying, cheating, smokers eww...

More specifically umm... Most body hair?
It's not just the anti-smoking but the insistance on everything BEING NEAT AND TIDY AND IN ITS PROPER PLACE and also not being neurotic, which seems like an impossible demand to be honest.

Also what is wrong with body hair? Is it because it is untidy?

Think how much fun you could have playing with a nice pair of hairy jubblies! Plus when you did oral it'd be extra tasty AND you could floss your teeth at the same time!

oh and be okay with my HEAVY drinking.

To ask, what qualifies as heavy drinking? Are we talking town drunk drinking/making a fool of yourself drinking here? fair enough in this case, but I've been told I'm a heavy drinker, I only ever have drinks on the weekend. And with that I do drink a lot but I rarely become paralytically wasted and become an idiot.
Err... Gross, very gross.

Honestly, I can't see the connection between disliking smokers and being super neat and tidy. And I guess heavy drinking just means frequent drinking, so they'll be getting drunk every single time they go out.
Ah well, that's alright then. I might have said 'a lack of self control' though. I've never been out with someone that hardcore, mind, It might be really exhilarating!

As for the grossness, well... I was hamming it up a bit there but seriously women's bodies are great and sex (and by extension sexiness) isn't some clean and pure thing. It's viscerial, you know? It has extremities. And juices. And I love it all!