Whats One of the Worst Games You've Ever Played?

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Ultima:Ascension. I tried it just to see how bad it was, and even with the fans patching it up so it could be playable, it emphasized how badly the whole thing was rushed out the door.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
What the thread says: "What's one of the worst games you've ever played"

What half the posters on the Escapist read: "What's the most popular game you've ever played that you didn't enjoy"

I don't know what dream world you live in where the worst thing you were ever forced to play was a CoD or a Halo, but I wanna live there. Is like an average game to you is fully simulated sex with Halley Berry or something? And where can I find it?

OT: Terminator 3 the video game. It was literally three different levels copy and pasted over each other with different texture schemes.

Walking and shooting robots down a hallway that looks like a Junk yard and make about three turns, in the future

Impossible driving sequence in the future.

Walking and shooting robots in a hallway that looks like Los Angeles and make about three turns, in the present.

Driving sequence in Los Angeles (which for some reason is easier than the first one).

Walking down and shooting robots in Skynet hallway that turns about three times.

That's about as far as you'll play before you find something more entertaining to do, like the Japanese suicide ritual Seppuku.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
creationis apostate said:
UltraBlumpkin said:
Dragon Age Origins. Booooooooooooooooring. Spoiler alert... You kill about 2 big dragons and a couple of small ones throughout the game. They should have renamed it, "Choose Your Own Adventure: Medieval Political Wankery Dialogue Story", cause the majority of the game is simply selecting reactions to what people say. The game itself is fun to play, when you actually get to fight things, but most of it is slow dialogue with hundreds of random NPCs, most of which aren't memorable, and lots of walking. The fights are so few and far between, that you really have no challenge beyond each single battle of a few enemies. Regenerative health also makes it super easy, as you can often choose when to press on to fight more baddies.
*Facepalm*How long have you played games for? because if you can say that about something and still tote the game as the worst ever, then you need to get an NES emulater and choose a random game.
OT: Kane and lynch 2. I vomited. twice.
You spend half the time just talking to people and listening to them babble on about their crappy lives and such. The problem is balance, and this game didn't do a good job with the ratio of talking to fighting, which made it boring as hell to play through.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
The only game in this entire thread that even possibly trumps my game is ET, but here's my entry:

Think Final Fantasy XII, but when you use your ATB gauge you can't move until you recharge it. Now run that through your head, if you heal, attack, or do anything in a fight you have to let the enemies beat your ass after you do anything. This is the only game I own that I refuse to ever play again because it's so fucking broken.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zack Alklazaris said:
canadamus_prime said:
In fact, just avoid any games by Dreamcatcher.
I actually really enjoyed Traitors Gate. Unless we're talking about a completely different Dreamcatcher.
I haven't played Traitor's Gate, I'm just going on my experience with Dungeon Lords and Super Power 2.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
JoesshittyOs said:
What the thread says: "What's one of the worst games you've ever played"

What half the posters on the Escapist read: "What's the most popular game you've ever played that you didn't enjoy"

I don't know what dream world you live in where the worst thing you were ever forced to play was a CoD or a Halo, but I wanna live there. Is like an average game to you is fully simulated sex with Halley Berry or something? And where can I find it?

OT: Terminator 3 the video game. It was literally three different levels copy and pasted over each other with different texture schemes.

Walking and shooting robots down a hallway that looks like a Junk yard and make about three turns, in the future

Impossible driving sequence in the future.

Walking and shooting robots in a hallway that looks like Los Angeles and make about three turns, in the present.

Driving sequence in Los Angeles (which for some reason is easier than the first one).

Walking down and shooting robots in Skynet hallway that turns about three times.

That's about as far as you'll play before you find something more entertaining to do, like the Japanese suicide ritual Seppuku.
Weren't there a great many video games of Terminator 3?

Also, I would agree with what you posted at the top there... but that would be hypocritical of me. I've played few enough games (all of which I like) that selecting any of them as "worst" makes me feel guilty and bad.

P.S: This thread is hilarious.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
Mario Kart 64, which I played extensively last summer and came to loathe. It's hard to control and hideously unbalanced: if you fall behind, it's almost impossible to catch up. In a Mario Kart game! Plus, the track design is awful at times.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
gunningyoudown said:
Killzone 3 hated the story and all of the game-play i couldn't bring myself to play more then five min of the game
I've just fucked this one off, too. One of those: "LOOK AT ALL THIS SHIT!!! ISN'T IT SO DESPERATELY IMPRESSIVE AND LOUD!!!" games that just annoys me. See also any CoD game.

As for worst games. Well my son tends to go for a lot of crappy PS2 games that have popular characters and there are a lot of shite games that even he stops playing after 10 mins, but at £2 a pop it's no hardship.

Iron Man was utter balls and the Hellboy games got old quick. But worst game... Probably Dark Void.

Sampsa

May 8, 2008
Far Cry 2. So much wasted potenttial! HAving to fight everyone was tiresome and I was really surprised when the protagonist jsut went working for the guys that just tried to kill him.

Roy Smith

Sep 23, 2011
Dragons Lair for the Nintendo. Falsest advertising ever and I literally got 5 minutes into the $50 game and never got any further.

Viirin

Jul 30, 2011
Lair.

In the first real mission, I had to tweak my TV's resolution/brightness/contrast like crazy, and still could hardly tell the difference between black sky above, black sea below, black walls, and black wall of the mission location. I couldn't tell where I was looking or what direction I was even facing for a vast majority of the mission, until I decided to just pull it out of the console and play something else. Then reset the TV to proper settings.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Part of me wants to say Wild Arms 4 but I should probably stop beating that particular horse.

SO I'll go with Persona PSP,the combat was a clunky mess(ever encounter took way too long),the encounter rate was insane, the battle theme was grating and it felt like it was aping P3/4's style instead of keeping it's own.Though to be a little nice the story was pretty good.

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Corporal Yakob said:
dickywebster said:
Halo, world was zero, force unleashed 2 and mario kart wii.

Halo is probably the most overrated game ever, wwz no ones even heard of, for gd reason, force unleashed 2 was just a mess and MK wii might seem an odd choice, but its one of those games where i think you need luck more than skill to win.
World War Zero? As in Ironstorm? As in that game with the incredibly cool backstory of WW1 stretching into the 60s? That game was awesome! It had trench warfare AND suicide dogs: what more do you want?

Personally Alan Wake was a boring piece of crap with zero tension or atmosphere and I'm finding myself beginning to switch between "This is fucking tough but rewarding" and "This is complete utter bullshit" quite regularly whilst playing Dark Souls.
Holy crud someone else has actually heard of it! Well ok it might have had the whole ww1 one thing, but while its less overly used than ww2, its still be used a lot. Also i played the pc version and it was kinda oh so very buggy, but that could have just been my experiance?

Also i never did see why alan wake was seen as a good game, ive seen older games do similar stuff but better (not that i own every game of the alone in the dark, silent hill and resident evil series there is or anything). But im always wary with bad survival horror games as im not sure when ive just played so many im always cynical about them or if they are actually bad games.