What's the best way to combat a troop of Spartans?

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Using period tactics and weaponry, here are 4 steps.

1.Sourround them with calvary,
(after all, greeks arent known for their calvary)
2.Barrage them with archers as much as you like.
(they are surrounded)
3. Move in for the kill, preferably at night. Or just keep on bombarding them with arrows till their all dead. Either way it good.
4.PROFIT!!

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
cynikles said:
The Thebans managed to do it quite well actually. They adapted a looser phalanx formation and introduced cavalry which basically tore them to shreads.
It wasn't a loose formation. Rather they made one of their flanks heavier and stronger and folded the Spartan formation up. There were a lot more contextual issues that led to the Theban victory, but I'm to lazy to go through them all.

OT: Cthulhu? I haven't seen his name on the forum in a while so I may as well bring him up.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
bows and arrows apparently ... the atheniens practically bullied the spartans with them

historical texts say that the atheniens actually stopped taking the spartans seriously after a while .. made a little picnic area and made games of picking off spartans with arrows .. the spartans screamed they were cowards and could not fight them toe to to .. the spartans eventually surrendered and that's pretty much where their era came to a close

Sargon of Akkad

Jun 5, 2010
SsilverR said:
bows and arrows apparently ... the atheniens practically bullied the spartans with them

historical texts say that the atheniens actually stopped taking the spartans seriously after a while .. made a little picnic area and made games of picking off spartans with arrows .. the spartans screamed they were cowards and could not fight them toe to to .. the spartans eventually surrendered and that's pretty much where their era came to a close
I'd like to see those historical texts. Sparta defeated Athens in the Peloponnesian War.

I'd recommend reading about the Battle of Leuctra instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Leuctra

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Use their own formation with my much larger army to push them out of the pass to an area where there can be no retreat such as a cliff.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
One 50 cal machine gun and let rip on the bunched up manly men

Hell you could even kill them all with the death note since they aren't likely to move towards you

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
A challenger 2 tank, a tactical airstrike, and an Apache. Overkill is the best type of kill.