What's the greatest weakness of your Skyrim character?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
SonicWaffle said:
Woodsey said:
Mages with powerful fire attacks are a fucking pain. Especially at night because they essentially blind you if they're streaming it in your face - and when your main weapon is a bow, sight is somewhat of a necessity.
Isn't having a bow at night a pain in the arse anyway, regardless of the magical napalm? Maybe it's just my shitty eyesight, but when I've busted out my ranged attacks in the darkness I have trouble hitting anything more than a foot away, and I've already turned the brightness up to near-maximum so I wasn't wandering blind in the dungeons. I died once because, instead of taking down a gang of bandits, I was apparently relentless firing Soul Trap arrows at a dangerous-looking bush and letting the bastards get right up close to me and stabba my face.

Oh, and while I'm griping about archery: fuck dragons. I can't count how many arrows I've wasted because every time I get one of those flying cunts in the crosshairs he breaks off and goes the other way!
Its fine for me (you must be almost blind if you turned the brightness that high! I had to turn my down), and Khajiit's have a see-in-the-dark ability anyway if I ever needed it.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Heavy-hitting mages. I'm a mage myself but fighting more than one mage with the ability to cast fireballs renders me cooked to perfection.

For example.

Going into the star of Aszura was fun, there were 3 of these mages with pinpoint accuracy and infinite mana. Eventually finished using a combination of Atronachs, potions, dual-charged spells and prayers to every divine I could think of.

Niko Stepz

Dec 17, 2009
SoupCanX said:
My greatest weakness is over-powered two handed brutes who run faster than I do and have more health than a train made out of 12-inch steel.
This ^

I haven't really found anything that can demolish me like them. I always forget they do so much damage with each swing and don't look at my health, that's how it always goes down.

|Sith|Eldarion

Nov 14, 2011
Frost magic. My redguard relies on shield bashing to stun most enemies before turning them into delicatessen meat, so when I'm out of stamina, I'm pretty much screwed. Oh well. At least I call in a thunderstorm to wreck shop :)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I would say powerful enemies, low stamina and the timer on dragon shouts.

Those are often the things that get me into trouble.

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
SoupCanX said:
My greatest weakness is over-powered two handed brutes who run faster than I do and have more health than a train made out of 12-inch steel.
Also my long range is kinda crappy and I suck at aiming my bow because I almost never use it so I let my summons do all the ranged fighting, while I deal out some two handed justice to any non-flying foes. But yeah, for some reason I can stand in dragon fire all day and night no problem, but I take two hits from some silver hand jackass and suddenly I'm in unavoidable-death-cut-scene land after 2 hits and I have 275 health with items. Is silver supposed to be that strong against me even when I'm not in beast-mode and wearing full epic ebony armor?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
So far the only thing really bothering me are the really large enemies, everyone else I just sneak and slit their throats, hell even in groups of enemies I slit 1 or 2, the rest take note, crouch to restealth roll behind and slit their throats. For the really big dudes it just ends up being a tedious game of cat and mouse where I sneak attack with a bow from a long range, run behind some cover wait to be rehidden and repeat.

Also reading some posts I'm curious as to how some people have low hp, if you're a magic user go magic/health, melee character health/stamina. I guess there are some who go a hybrid spell sword, but even in that case I'd seriously consider favoring one over the other.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Not played Skyrim yet; as for my Oblivion character, its probably their relatively low Magicka pool for a level 43; she's a Nord and I didn't start focusing on magic till she was into her level 30s. In a magic duel with another powerful mage in which she wasn't allowed to stealth, use blade or bow, she'd lose.

Yggdraz0r

Jun 7, 2009
Denamic said:
Straight up melee combat.
I use stealth, archery, and magic to murder.
If someone's up in my face, I'm in trouble.
I summon atronachs to do the fighting for me, pick them off with my bound bow.
Also, bound bows are incredibly powerful.
Exactly this, since there arent any Sniper Rifles, I picked archery.

Flame Atronach (are there any other colors?) and Fire spells. Together with my trusty Bow of Soul Tap (or whatever its name is).

Tourmeta

Apr 25, 2011
Magic except frost (since I'm a Nord). On the lookout for enchantments to help me there.

If I manage to get up to the ranging demon I'll kill them with ease though, yay warhammers!

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Playing as a pure mage that puts all his points into health, killing things with magic takes a while due to magicka limitations but I can tank much more damage than a mage should be able to so its fine, my weakness being anything that can drain my small magicka pool further, I literally don't carry weapons.

If you're wondering why I'm making a tank mage who isn't a great mage, it's more of a long term thing. Once I have max enchanting I can make some nifty armour that will make certain spells cost NOTHING. Infinite magic tank mage, master difficulty means nothing to me. Yeah it's a deliberate dick move, but for all the trouble it gives you early game it's an ample reward.

Chechosaurus

Jul 20, 2008
Lacking self-sufficiency. I have put no investment into Smithing or Enchantment so I have to rely on luck to get the items I need. Aside from that, not a whole lot. I've got long range covered with a bow and I'm so stealthy, I very rarely get into an actual fight.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
The enemy seeing me. If they don't see me as I'm whittling down their ranks and health, everything is good. If they do see and pursue me, I'm done for.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
After playing a bit on master difficulty from People telling me to do it on this forum. I must say Fall Damage is one, As if you drop the height of a house you loose half your hp now.

Also frost dragon breath did ridicolous dmg but i enchanted some gear to have 90% frost resistance so its more a joke now.

So now i would say just a few high mobs now that can crit my entire 400 hp in a hit.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
The frostbite spiders. It doesn't really have to do with my character, but it's the fact that I have to close my eyes when I fight them and mash the melee button hoping it kills them. I really hate spiders.