What's the hardest boss fight that you've recently played?

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
So I just finished Kingdom Hearts 3D and this fight is probably one of the hardest bosses I've beat in awhile.
Ansems second form was a *****, I beat his first form fine but he destroyed me with his second, I had to grind about 10 levels before I could beat him and even then it was still hard.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Define recently? From a game i played recently? From a recent game ?

Well earlier this year i finished SMT: Nocturne on hardmode . LUCIFER . Oh my god . I don't even know how i managed . Just going through all the damn hoops to be able to fight him was brutal . But actually fighting him is the worst think ever . And if you lose you got two bosses to go through again . It's three bosses back to back . Note i didn't fight him when i played the game on normal a few years back . But on hard mode i had to do it right . I don't recommend even playing the game on hard unless your a masochist . I don't recomend going for the True ending ( fightin lucifer ) unless your are suicidal .

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
DustlessDragoon said:
So I just finished Kingdom Hearts 3D and this fight is probably one of the hardest bosses I've beat in awhile.
Ansems second form was a *****, I beat his first form fine but he destroyed me with his second, I had to grind about 10 levels before I could beat him and even then it was still hard.
Yeah that fight was a pain in the ass,though I did manage to beat it on Bonus Time where I just zoomed through the orbs and shot off a Dark Firaga.

OT: Same Series,Different game

Master Xehonort,his combos decimated me and and most attacks had this habit of you miss a block or dodge and your dead. I understand that for keyblade combos but his projectile attacks we're just brutal.I was at level 35 but even when I went back for the final episode as Aqua who was at a higher level,Xehonort was still a good challenge.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The optional boss fights in Darksiders 2 are pretty tough(although that may be down to me not being a high enough level to attempt them yet).The Deposed King,for example,on top of being able to take a lot of damage can pretty much kill you in one or two hits

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram. Took me ages to work out the method to kill it, like all classic boss battles it has a weak spot that it shows you at certain times but you have to make every hit you get in count since you need to kill it before the 1min timer runs outs and if get less it down to less than 25% life when the timer runs out it's game over no continue.

MysteriousStranger

Dec 3, 2009
The hardest boss recently, the difficuly level severly ramped up due to my own stupidity but still hard none the less was the 'Ice Magic Beast' from Lost Odyssey.

It performed this group paralyze every couple of turns, that due to failing to pick up a very important bit of gear for my healer, crippled me ten fold, and reflect (gRRRR...) I still to this day havn't defeated it. DAMN YOU ALL-AQUA!

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
BNK-3R on TVHM was a real shit. That's all I can think of that I've had problems with recently.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
WoW Killer said:
BNK-3R on TVHM was a real shit. That's all I can think of that I've had problems with recently.
You've not met Hyperius or Master Gee yet, have you? The first is a pain in the arse, the second... well, beat the first one first. After that, you'll understand my issues with him.

OT: Hardest boss battle to date, is the damned Dishonored ad at the bottom of every page =)

airwolfe591

Dec 11, 2009
The Rebel Flagship in FTL, I can't get past it's second phase but my god I'll beat it eventually! (Probably on my 30th attempt or so now)

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
The big chaos demon bloke at the end of WH:40K Space Marine on hardest difficulty was the toughest boss I've faced recently. Well he wasn't tough, he just had some bullshit moves.

Other than him, I haven't faced a controller-snappingly hard boss since soloing General Raam on Insane in Gears 1.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Most recently would be the bloody fucking bastard helicopter in Half Life: Black Mesa. Once it gets you pinned in the cliff face, it turns into a bullet hell missile massacre.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Estranged180 said:
You've not met Hyperius or Master Gee yet, have you? The first is a pain in the arse, the second... well, beat the first one first. After that, you'll understand my issues with him.
I've not played the DLC yet, but I've heard good things about those fights. I'm looking forward to it xD

I can't say I care for all of the changes they made compared to the original, but the increased difficulty is spot on. Finding a new gun is all the more rewarding when you've been struggling up to that point.

auron200004

Oct 12, 2010
Ornstein and Smough - Dark Souls. Hate those guys. The only fight in the game (for my build) that just makes me want to break down and give up. I've beaten them multiple times, but every time I play through the game again, I have to fight them again. I hate them. Four Kings have literally nothing on them for me.

Semudara

Oct 6, 2010
Monster X from Cave Story. I'm playing the game for my first time on the 3DS (courtesy of the recent eShop download), and... My God. I had to use my only health potion and I still only beat that thing by the skin of my teeth. They could have just named this thing That One Boss, and it would completely deserve it.

Oddly enough, TV Tropes namedrops a certain other boss (I don't want to spoil anything...) above Monster X. That boss was not even HALF the fight Monster X was; in fact, it was surprisingly easy for a Cave Story boss. All I had to do for that one was jump and shoot a lot; the hardest thing about fighting Monster X was the co-ordination and aiming required even as you're dodging a hail of... tiny homing robots. *shudder*

Plus, the best part about the Monster X fight? There's hardly any build-up or warning of any kind, and Monster X has absolutely no relevance to the plot. It's a Giant Space Flea From Nowhere.

Monster X: An especially punishing fight presented by an already very challenging game.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Semudara said:
Monster X from Cave Story. I'm playing the game for my first time on the 3DS (courtesy of the recent eShop download), and... My God. I had to use my only health potion and I still only beat that thing by the skin of my teeth. They could have just named this thing That One Boss, and it would completely deserve it.

Oddly enough, TV Tropes namedrops a certain other boss (I don't want to spoil anything...) above Monster X. That boss was not even HALF the fight Monster X was; in fact, it was surprisingly easy for a Cave Story boss.

Plus, the best part about the Monster X fight? There's hardly any build-up or warning of any kind, and Monster X has absolutely no relevance to the plot. It's a Giant Space Flea From Nowhere.

Monster X: An especially punishing fight presented by an already very challenging game.
He's half the reason I gave up on hard mode.the other half being I'm a wuss

Sep 3, 2011
Saren body taken over by the reaper at the end of mass effect 1 he resets your powers, overheats your guns and all thats on top of the normal damage he does

only took me one try but their where a lot of close calls but thats mostly due to the fact this is my 2nd shep

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Remelia

F**king

Scarlet.

That friggin Touhou series, I swear. I dig the hell out of it, but making me have to beat the entire game on normal with no continues to see a good ending seems pretty damn overpriced. There have been many a time I'll push my way to the end with no continues, and then I die at the part where she turns into a bat, she'll take no damage, and I lose my concentration.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Has to be the Netherlord from Torchlight II for me!

He's so over powered. And he just throws stuff at you, over and over and over and over.

More annoying than the Alchemist for sho.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Idlemessiah said:
The big chaos demon bloke at the end of WH:40K Space Marine on hardest difficulty was the toughest boss I've faced recently. Well he wasn't tough, he just had some bullshit moves.

Other than him, I haven't faced a controller-snappingly hard boss since soloing General Raam on Insane in Gears 1.
Good call, I was just thinking those two bastards. I could only manage RAAM (I think all caps is compulsory) with a longshot and torque bow, and all my luck. As for nemeroth, I think that hoard of bastards he sends at you while he stands there is the worst part. Turns out storm bolters empty pretty quick when you don't let go of fire.

OT: There was the optional FFIX boss in the garden that was evil. But being optional I think he was supposed to be mega OP. For compulsories, I finished Ratchet and Clank 3 recently. Nefarious was pretty bloody difficult before I went off and got all my weapons and armour upgraded. That trilogy is surprisingly difficult, I know kids that would cry if they were playing that. Wusses.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Semudara said:
Those are the best, aren't they? The one I always remember like that; Verminator from Secret of Evermore. It's this one fight where you're forced at range, and he's constantly putting out magic damage against you. If you've not trained your alchemy up to heal yourself and to do some damage, you've got no chance. And yeah, he's completely irrelevant to the plot. Just a random rat in an abandoned castle.