What's the hardest boss fight that you've recently played?

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Ballos. Reaching him was like pulling teeth. And the fight itself took more teeth.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
MetalDooley said:
The optional boss fights in Darksiders 2 are pretty tough(although that may be down to me not being a high enough level to attempt them yet).The Deposed King,for example,on top of being able to take a lot of damage can pretty much kill you in one or two hits
OMG yes. That guy was kicking my butt all night. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't steamrolled the rest of that dungeon. How could they not put in some way of telling you a recommended level or something. I'm like level 17 and I can barely touch him.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Spydercake said:
Persona 3, Nyx Avatar on Maniac.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...
The Nyx Avatar PERIOD. I still haven't beaten that guy. Of course it's been a while since I even bothered to try. But damn it, that guy's a ***** esp. when you get him down to his last millimeter of health only to have him stomp you flat. Grrrrrrrrrrrr...
I found him easy compared to a lot of the bosses you just need to have good personas and be a decent level.

Liquidcool

Jun 5, 2010
The last boss in the Dragon Age 2 DLC. Don't remember what it was called but that was one hell of a fight. Although it wasn't recent it is the hardest one I can think of right now.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Jad in Runescape.
Don't even get me started on how long that took because my character used to be a defense pure. It still was until I found out killing jad with poison will probably take longer than the time the game lets you play without kicking you off.

Sep 3, 2011
Lrbearclaw said:
Wolfhowl the shadow lurker said:
Saren body taken over by the reaper at the end of mass effect 1 he resets your powers, overheats your guns and all thats on top of the normal damage he does

only took me one try but their where a lot of close calls but thats mostly due to the fact this is my 2nd shep
Really? My first Shep (Soldier) had NO issue with him. I had him dead in about 30 seconds or so.

My "Hardest" boss in recent (last 6 months) had to be Titan Joker from Arkham Asylum. Why? I was using a keyboard and mouse. No camera control and 4-way directional control.

soldiers use powers less and guns more its mostly a pain if you can't get your powers off but apart from that its not so bad if you know what your doing... but its the only boss i have killed recently

BraveSirRobin

Mar 17, 2010
Mordekaien said:
As I'm playing Binding of Isaac frequently, I'll go with the main boss
That's Isaac. Fuck him and his abilities that make som builds unplayable. There is challenge and there is insanity, and he falls to the latter category.
The sad thing is there is another boss after him:

Once you beat Isaac 5 times you unlock the Polaroid trinket. If you hold that when you beat Isaac instead of getting an ending when you open the chest you unlock the real final level. It's appropriately called the chest. You can't bomb your way out of rooms and every room is usually either 2 previous bosses or 2 sins & 1 super sin in once room. wrath/gluttony/super sloth is probably my least favorite combination tied with double carrion queens. The real final boss is ??? and he is basically issac with homing shots. Good luck if you don't have the wafer and brimstone/fetus in a jar.

Isaac gets noticeably easier once you've experienced this once.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
BraveSirRobin said:
I know that there is another one, but that one is easier for me. Of those times I got to him, I found him to be much less difficult than the first one.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
It wasn't like super hard but it definately challenged me. I was playing with a friend inside Fink's Slaughterhouse arena on the final stage and he died, leaving me to fend for myself for almost four full waves. He's overall just a more skilled player than I was but I survived, running and switching weapons frantically (zero's cloaking/healing powers are a life saver in this part). I did have assistance from my friend's awesome sniping skills though :3

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
The last boss and another boss deep in the game on White Knight Chronicles 2 actually gave me major problems. Those good intense fights that keep the heart racing and the adrenaline flowing. I think part of the reason though is the rest of the game and especially WKC1 were so easy it took me off guard.

MadMatt910

Oct 10, 2012
The Towel Boy said:
neonsword13-ops said:
The Warrior in Borderlands 2 was pretty difficult.

I don't want to know how strong he is on True Vault hunter mode. ._.

Also, Yosuke on Score Attack mode in P4:Arena. The amount of speed and power he has is bullshit.
All you had to do was go behind the rocks in the back and shoot him, never died or had to use second wind at all. Altough my stupid turrent refused to attack him...
Although the amount of health he has in TVHM is rediculous (assuming you're not playing high level Zer0) and he does have a few cheap throw you up in the air into the lava moves if you're stood in the wrong place.

Can be very frustrating if you are soloing him.

OT: hmmm Ornstein and Smough are a pretty obvious choice but do represent a spike of difficulty in an already challenging game. Other than that I've not struggled overmuch with the BL2 bosses...

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Boss fights haven't been all that hard lately.

The hardest boss fight I've had is still Ares from God of War (couldn't even beat him in normal mode).

and I played that 2 years ago.

luke10123

Jan 9, 2010
Sam, the final boss on 'Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven' on PC. It literally took me years...

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Dem Super Badass Threshers in Borderlands 2 are dicks. I actually have to run away from them at this point.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
2. Father Rodin (Bayonetta). This is a crazy hard fight. You have to be perfect on every dodge, or you will get killed.
Father *Balder* :D

I need to play Bayonetta again sometime soon, I think I put it down after about half of ultimate climax no-witch-time mode.

Every time Gracious and Glorious appeared, it took quite a while to get past 'em...

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
2. Father Rodin (Bayonetta). This is a crazy hard fight. You have to be perfect on every dodge, or you will get killed.
Father *Balder* :D

I need to play Bayonetta again sometime soon, I think I put it down after about half of ultimate climax no-witch-time mode.

Every time Gracious and Glorious appeared, it took quite a while to get past 'em...